Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Can Someone Help Me Out, Plz?
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

Default Can Someone Help Me Out, Plz?

currently doing doses of .125 mg/day ... that's 1/2 of .25mg, right?

now.. i want to take 1/2 of the .125 soooo then, i will have what?

is .06 something right?

that would be 50% drop, right?

so... i will take 1/2 of the .125 and ADD it to the other 1/2 of .125 and that will be mike's dose for the next week..

hubby's not home, and i just don't know WHAT to call ?? these micro doses?

i think we're gonna get AS low as we can go.. and HOPEFULLY, the final w/d symptoms will be as easy to
    get thru as the other drops were.. or not worse, than, i should say..

i know sooo many will say, just jump.. but... but.... having read nadia's symptoms, at the .25 drop,

i'd just like to make this as easy as possible...

maybe? the lower the drop, the less, (and) less long the symptoms will be?? that's what i'm hoping by doing this..

will try strongly suggesting skipping days at this next
    drop.. whatever? that amount is called...

if someone can help me figure that out, i'd appreciate it.. i tried to explain as best i could..

here's a pic if that helps..

thanx bunches!
    Classique MoM
    Last edited by ClassiqueMom; 07-24-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

okay.. think??? i got it..
    the new dose is .09375 ... oyyyy veyyyy ... we are talkin' CRUMBS!! here!!

amazing! just amazing!, this stuff! *sigh*
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh it is mind boggling... such a tiny speck! How is he feeling with this dosage? I wonder if it's time mom?! I'm excited for you, hopefully he will get past these icky wds from tapering. The previous time I jumped off subs I last took .25 mgs. N I have to say it was about the same discomfort level I'm having now, but each person is different. I wonder if it's just better to jump since he's so low but maybe you have the right idea in the lower he goes the better. Hopefully someone with some experience can chime in...just wanted to thank u for ur kind words to me n also let you know I'm behind you n ur family all the way! Best wishes,
    Crystal
    Anon1969 likes this.

hi crystal!

he was on .125 mg/day for the past 6 days.. today is his first 'good' day..
    with days 3, 4 & 5 having some (small) w/d symptoms.. but you know yourself..
    when you're not well, those small symptoms can sometimes just be enough to make it kinda tuff..

but!! the storm front has gone thru.. he's been eating more protein.. and slept some the night
    before last.. and some more last night.. sooo how can that NOT make for a better day

ohhh.. and i DID mean to come back to your thread, crystal, and mention that i've read
    protein helps... see if you can't get some of that into you! and see if it helps some for you too!

and thanx!! for bein' 'in our corner'
    {{hugs}} - Classique MoM
    Crystalclear651 likes this.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hey Mom
    I am horrible with math so I will not even bother offering help there. Just want to say every person is different, and I tapered RAPIDLY from .50 to .25 and than jumped to 0 with no skipping. I've also been on subs for two years "ish"...around there. My symptoms are also magnified by pregnancy. But hey, if you want to do that for your son, I can't see how it would hurt him. Just wanted to let you know those couple of things. I really am okay, on a scale of 1-10 nothing has gone over a five. I'm still working/driving and functioning 8 mos pregnant to boot.
    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Hey Mom
    I am horrible with math so I will not even bother offering help there. Just want to say every person is different, and I tapered RAPIDLY from .50 to .25 and than jumped to 0 with no skipping. I've also been on subs for two years "ish"...around there. My symptoms are also magnified by pregnancy. But hey, if you want to do that for your son, I can't see how it would hurt him. Just wanted to let you know those couple of things. I really am okay, on a scale of 1-10 nothing has gone over a five. I'm still working/driving and functioning 8 mos pregnant to boot.
    hi nadia!
    i am sooo glad you can rate those w/d's that 'low' .. and function ontop of that!
    and the being pregnant.. welllll.... you go girl!!! ...

*out of no where comes this thought: now, we know why men don't have babies*

sorrryyyyy {{{guys}}}!!

mike has been on the subs since oct 2010 .. about a year & 3/4 .. so, i know that will play a role, too,
    in the changes his body (& mind) have to go thru, to get back to where he was before allll these opiates had their control -- (and damage) they created..

i continue to hope and pray that, in some small way, getting off all of it, will somehow, help mike for the better

thanx again, nadia! .. you know you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    you're a good! momma!

Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Anonymous Guest

Hey mom, not sure what the combo you're looking for is but 1/2 of the .125=.0625 and half that is .0625/2=.03125.

If you were trying to drop off 1/4 (.25) of the 0.125mg dose you woukd end up with (.75*.125)=.09375mg Splitting that into two doses (which is getting a little bit ridiculous) would be .046875 per dose. Hope I helped and didn't hurt the situation!

Let me know if that's what you were looking for!!! Best wishes!

Thx for the protein shake idea. I find myself not hungry all day long n need to get something in this body of mine. Clean from the inside! Ur son is so close mom, a new success story is on its way. Hope he is ready. Thx again, take care,
    Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by azul diablo View Post
    Hey mom, not sure what the combo you're looking for is but 1/2 of the .125=.0625 and half that is .0625/2=.03125.

If you were trying to drop off 1/4 (.25) of the 0.125mg dose you woukd end up with (.75*.125)=.09375mg Splitting that into two doses (which is getting a little bit ridiculous) would be .046875 per dose. Hope I helped and didn't hurt the situation!

Let me know if that's what you were looking for!!! Best wishes!
    hi bluey! yeah! that's it! .09375 .. it IS!! a tiny (ridiculous) dose!
    I think that just goes to show the bizarre strength of this drug..

but!! it's not twice a day anymore -- he IS at once a day now

i'm just kinda hoping the lower the dose, the less (and less long) the symptoms..

allll along.. i'd see him with the w/d's (mild ones (they seem that way to me),
    but nonetheless w/d's that make his problems more than they should be) .. i'd always
    console myself with ::as soon as the 1/2 life catches up, he'll level out:: .. and he always did..

but, when you get down to Zero.. you're not putting anything into your body, for any 1/2 lifes to catch up..
    (i guess? that's the purpose of the skipping) ..

we're all hoping to have him OFF this by his new pain management dr. appt. early next month..
    we should be at skipping days by that time..

it'll be the best we can do, to assess his true pain levels..

thanx for poppin' in here .. it's always! soo good to "see" you, bluey :-)

i pray that your determination gets stronger with each passing day!

allll my best! and prayers!, too!
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Mom! Wish I could say it has been getting easier again but unfortunately it hasnt. I guess once Pandora sticks her head out its harder to close her back in!

Soooo I was thinking, why not try the placebo effect? I thought I remember you saying that you were putting them in capsules for him? So tell him you're going to extend the last few steps, buy pixie sticks or smarties or another orange candy and dose like normal. The mind is a very powerful thing and he may walk right thru this if he still THINKS he is on something.

Just an idea....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-25-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    caughtagain and toni.s. like this.

yes!! bluey! i have thought of that.. thanx!! for bringing it up again..
    but!!! since " I " don't know the taste of the suboxone, i wondered,
    if he'd be able to tell...

ya know? baby asprin is orange flavored.. i would try that in a heartbeat..
    and you're right! the placebo effect thingy could work.. i just need to be sure
    of the 'flavor' thing..

=======
    now, re: pandora..

i can truly understand trying .. seeking.. to find 'that good feeling' .. may i suggest?
    being thankful at every turn? thankful you're clean.. thankful you can experience life
    with nothing but Y*O*U controlling you? .. you've got to find contentment and joy
    in simply living life.. lQQk deep, bluey! remember from whence you came..
    i DO and AM praying for you! ..

you've come tooooo far to give it all up!.. <-- NOW THAT!!! should bring you J*O*Y!

{{{hugs}}}
    Classique MoM

p.s... i just soooooo wish i could make you (and others struggling like you) see just how special Y*O*U are!
    tooooo special to just 'give yourself over' to something
    that seeks to destroy the :: special that {{you}} are ::!!

geee... "the special that you are" ... now, i really! do! sound like Mr. Rogers!!! *LOL* but! it's true, ya know?!
    Last edited by ClassiqueMom; 07-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    LovesAnimals and toni.s. like this.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Anonymous Guest

You can tell him that with the smaller doses its more effective to swallow hole so the entire dose has the opportunity to be consumed in the stomach. Tell him Robert told you that as a secret towards the end (PLEASE NOTE, THAT IS NOT TRUE. SIMPLY TALKING ABOUT SPECIFIC SITUATION!!!!) I dunno, maybe that would work?!?

Thanks for the thoughts and kind words. I am fine and I will be fine. Money in hand and boredom have ALWAYS been my downfall.....just need to spend more time doing hobbies etc!
    ClassiqueMom and toni.s. like this.

Mom
    First off your right. Men are just not able to handle the pain that a woman can, plain and simple. We deal with pain on a regular basis, we respond a lot differently. Your son has you behind him, knowing and caring. That's the BEST thing in the world. If you can help him watch his diet, meds and reassure him; he'll be fine. I don't think tapering to zero is a bad idea for your son. It wasn't my choice but the closer to zero you are the easier it is for him. I think the placebo is an excellent idea and the baby orange aspirin would probably work. Some people can't do pain. I see it as neccesary; but many would disagree. I'm not always right. You know him best.
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Hi Mom,

Was thinking about you this evening and decided to post a short note and see how you're doing? I really hope everything is going well right now and Mike is feeling better.

Is he doing any better with the sub taper? And did you decide to offer him any kind of placebo dose? I thought that was a very interesting idea that was brought up.

I know how much "mental" these issues can be, and thought that idea may very well be of some benefit to all of you. As I said, it was an interesting idea.

If you get the time, and feel like it, I would love to hear from you at some point this weekend. I wanted to remind you that my thoughts and prayers have always continued for all of your family. Have a great evening and hope to speak with you soon.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

hi karen! hubby & i r on a 36 hr. hiatis - what about the taste? my kid`s no dummy. am on my kindle (not bad, eh dog?) :-) will b in touch more 2 answer ur questions. thanx 4 the prayers, u know u have mine!
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

mom,

just wanna tell you..that {{{you}}} are AWESOME!

you're always telling us...

figured {{{you}}} don't hear it enough!

as far as the taste of the sub goes..
    the taste thing might be an issue..
    but might aswell give it a try?

what would happen IF he did notice?.
    couldn't u just tell him that u heard the last w/e mg he's on is just mental ..and u were just trying to help? but u couldn't figure out if it were a myth or not if he knew about it?

i don't know...
    u know better than we do..
    would it cause animosity if it did go sour?

home now, and a quick update: mike's not doin' too good..

he can barely walk .. hasn't slept in ages, 'cept for 1 hr, here and there..

gonna keep him at .09375 (he started that dosage this past thursday 7.26.12)
    or.. in other words -- 1/2 of .125 mg/day (.06) + 1/2 of .06 mg/day (.03)

*major sigh*

maybe? the suboxone is soo much a part of his body after over a year of using it..

i don't know.. i just don't know the reason for him getting and 'being' worse ..
    his pain (and the insomnia) is reallly taking it's toll on him..

thank you for your prayers .. i do remember you all in mine...
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Quote Originally Posted by ClassiqueMom View Post
    home now, and a quick update: mike's not doin' too good..

he can barely walk .. hasn't slept in ages, 'cept for 1 hr, here and there..

gonna keep him at .09375 (he started that dosage this past thursday 7.26.12)
    or.. in other words -- 1/2 of .125 mg/day (.06) + 1/2 of .06 mg/day (.03)

*major sigh*

maybe? the suboxone is soo much a part of his body after over a year of using it..

i don't know.. i just don't know the reason for him getting and 'being' worse ..
    his pain (and the insomnia) is really taking it's toll on him..

thank you for your prayers .. i do remember you all in mine...
    Classique MoM
    Hi Mom,

Thank you so much for the update today. Sure wish you had better news for us. I know you must really be having a very difficult time yourself with all of this. Sure would like to be able to offer you the help you need, but thoughts and prayers are all I can do right now. But I do know that prayers make a huge difference. We can only know that God has a very SPECIAL PLAN for Mike and it shall be revealed in HIS time.

That's a very low dose to be dealing with. Must be difficult for you to figure and cut up the correct amount. Do you have any idea what you will be doing when the sub is finished? Any other options in the overall plan? I know you yourself could use a very BIG hug right now so here ya go {{{HUGS}}} and sure hope it helps.

I'm thinking and praying often for you guys Mom and hope that somehow you get some relief from all of this. Hang in there as best you can ok and thanks again for the update today. Blessings to all of you.

Lotsa Love,
    Karen

Hi mom, I can definitely relate, n I'm so sorry he is suffering but am happy that he has your support through these tough times. You are doing everything in your power to help him n that's such a blessing. I'm sorry he has to deal with these pain issues. I pray that this dr appt coming up will be beneficial to him and he gets the help he needs. You are the kindest mom ever, always quick to give others n me your sweet words of encouragement. I truly hope he can find some relief and peace. I do know the insomnia always effects me, and it's so important to have good sleep to let your body recover. My drs always say that's the number one thing that's so important in feeling better during the day. Maybe the dr can help with that...

Maybe it would be good for him to join a chronic pain support group? I joined the CPA which offers telephone mtgs several times a week and also emails lessons and ppl share their experiences. I just wanted to throw that out there since he's having trouble walking or getting out. I also joined a local support group that meets 2x a month. Looking forward to my upcoming session with them.

We all luv ya n your family is in my thoughts n prayers. Bless you mom,
    Big hugs,
    Crystal

Mom
    I am praying for you and your son, just like you did for me. I am so sorry to hear this right now I know the insomnia is maddening. Is there anything that can be done to get him knocked out? Tylenol PM? The lack of sleep makes it ten times worse. Couple hours of shut eye might help.
    Last edited by rxqueen83; 07-29-2012 at 02:44 PM.

hi nadia!
    thank you for praying for us!.. you're still in my prayers too!

1 benydril (sp) = 1 hr sleep .. arghhh!

we let him borrow the car to go to church today..
    like i said, he could barely walk, -- even when he came
    home from church.. still .. hurting..

the grandkids were here today.. that helps perk him up..

but he's still hurting.. and yes! you're right! the insomnia has to be making it 10x worse..

maybe? maybe? if he gets SOME sleep tonight?

i think he said tylenol pm gives him a headache when he wakes up?????

like everyone else, i'm sure the more you move, the more it contributes
    to even a little sleep..

praying that going to church, and all the walking and moving involved
    just to get there and back, will help contribute at least to a LITTLE sleep 2nite

--------
    i know you're lQQkin' at the end of august for your little one.. the last i read, it was
    either the 28th or 29th.. haven't had time to catch up on the board yet.. has anything
    changed? you doin' okay?

like i said.. you're in my prayers, girl! and you're litte one(s) too!
    thanx! bunches! and more! for yours!

Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Mom!
    Tylenol PM & Benedryl have the same active ingredient, right? Diphenhydramine? If one gives him a head ache, then the other one will too. What about Nyquil? Can Mike tolerate alcohol? I believe that is what is in Nyquil, and it will knock him out. Or, it should. Is Mike a "big boy"? Tall, large? You can also try picking up some Valerian Root, Chamomile/Sleepy Time Tea and Melatonin. Gotta get him some shut eye Mom. He will feel tons better. The lack of sleep is maddening and I am sure contributes to a lot of people giving up.

Keep pushing him out the door. I know he's hurting. But laying in bed makes it so much worse. Encourage him to get out in the sun which produces endorphins. Exersize, chocolate, hot peppers, laughing are all activities and things that produce endorphins. High protein diet, staying hydrated...I found this all through research. I used to wonder why people in NA would be shoving chocolate at all the new comers! LOL.

Mom - I said a prayer for you and Mike last night, I do hope he's feeling better. Please update when you have time. And yes, my c-section will be the 28th or 29th, waiting for them to confirm. My last visit to OB GYN he said the baby was great and not showing ANY signs of distress whatsoever. What a relief!

Nadia
    Last edited by rxqueen83; 07-30-2012 at 08:51 AM.

hi nadia!
    it sounds like you're doing better today! .. i was worried 'boutcha.. but beings i couldn't 'do' anything, i
    prayed for you too, as i said.. soooo ... i'm glad to hear you're some better today!
    august 28 or 29 is not far away.. i myself had 3 c-sections.. the last one, (mike) was a miracle that i
    didn't lose him, (the dr.'s said) .. had i gone into labor before the scheduled surgery, w/him,
    as i did my first 2, he probably wouldn't be alive today.. it's just ONE of the many things that i hold in
    my heart, knowing there is something truly 'special' about him.. (and now, something special about the
    suffering he endures)..

but Y*O*U my dear will be fine .. this i know in my heart, too

mike slept 4 ---- FOUR ----- hours!! last night!! and even tho that doesn't sound like much,
    it has made a huge difference! .. yes.. he's still hurting.. but, it's better than the 'crippling' pain yesterday!
    thank you for your prayers!

nope.. he's not a 'big' guy.. he's small .. and nearly skin and bones these days.. but.. anyhow..

i usually 'pride myself' on having sooo much more knowledge about natural kinda stuff for the body,
    but only because, like you, of all the research i've done.. but i did NOT! know sunshine helps produce
    endorphines.. sooo.. i'll be asking for his help outside today thanx! for the tip!

alllll my best! and prayers!, too!
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Mom!
    I'm so happy to hear that Mike slept for four hours! That's progress! There is power in prayer, of that I am sure. I will be fine, and Mike will too, I promise. One step at a time, one hour at a time Mom. I can't imagine the sorrow it brings to see your child in so much pain. Addiction happens to the best of us. I don't know what I'll do if I am someday facing the same issue with my babies. It would break my heart. But you need to know your a good, loving Mom and this is not your fault. Addiction consumes the best of us. Get him outside maybe for ten minutes raking some leaves, let the sun get into his pupils (take the glasses off!), he will be fine.
    toni.s. likes this.

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Dear MOM
    I read your post on Winged thread. Thank you for your prayers. BTW I finally found my thread. YEAH. I am glad it was not lost.
    I am so so sorry about your son's struggles but can completely sympathize with him especially the pain issues.
    PLEASE PLEASE if you can get him to an NA meeting I think it will do him a world of good. I know it saved my sanity. I was going to 3 meetings a day. Firstly it got me out of the house and the people gave me so much support. He will be with people who can help him thru this.
    I don't think I could have done this any other way. And I wanted this so bad.
    As for his pain level you know very well from my thread that I could not handle the pain once I got off the Subs. You know that the 3 weeks I was off the subs I was in such physical pain and I know your son got hooked as I did from real pain. Maybe he would be better off, as I did, getting off Hydrocodone. Once I got on the Hydrocodone it was so much easier to taper off. Those Subs are so strong and you know I hated being on them for what they did to my body. But that was me. That does not happen to everyone. because of my sensitivity to all drugs.( Hyperageasia).
    I finally got sleep after I went on Lyrica. Did you ask the doctor about Lyrica? For me it does not help either my nerve pain or my muscle pain but it definitely helps me sleep even today. If I do not take it I can not sleep. Thank goodness it is not an addicting drug. Also take Elavil for sleep in a low dose.
    After I got off everything I was still in pain but not as bad as when I got off the Subs. After time the back pain became somewhat manageable.
    Please tell him I will be praying for him and for you too. This is not easy on your loved ones I understand that now. I will try to look in on your thread and watch for updates.
    Be well MOM and thank you again for your kind words. Oh it looks like my daughter is having only one. YES LOL
    Cherdox

Anonymous Guest

hi sheryl. glad you are doing well. and life is good.

Give us an update when you have time Mom.

Hi Mom,

Was thinking of you and wanted to say hello. And to also thank you for your very kind words recently on my thread. Can't say in words how much they meant to me. You're one very special lady and Mother.

I hope that Mike is doing a little better than he was recently. I know you will give us an update when the time is right. I continue to give my prayers to your family. You know this right? And I certainly appreciate yours, and never more than the last few days.

Hope you're doing well yourself Mom. I'll talk to you again soon.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

sorry i missed the post, nadia.. i see it was on the 31st..

haven't posted a whole lot lately.. and what i have posted, came quickly and easily for me..
    w/grandkids and m-i-l and ohhhh a whole slew of other things, my time here is just to GET
    quick updates..

nothing to report at the moment..

karen.. glad you came back..

... and the WAY you came back was truly an answer to prayer
    -- can't help but smile about that --

grace..
    and
    graciousness..

an amazing thing to give and receive!

i do know you pray for us.. and can't find adequate words to show my appreciation for that..

congrats on 18 days! .. here's to countless more!

alll my best! and prayers! too!
    Classique MoM
    Crystalclear651 likes this.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

Hello Classique Mom,

I find myself missing you and thinking of you quite often these days. When I say my prayers each day you and your family are a top priority for them.

I really hope you are doing well. And that Mike is also long with your hubby. If you have the time could you please offer us an update soon. You may be on vacation or something else and I have missed it?

Wanted you to know that I was just thinking about you right this minute.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Blessings to you.

Hugs,
    Karen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast