can someone give me advise on celexa?
    shortyzlilanjel7 is offline New Member

Question can someone give me advise on celexa?

Hi.. I wanted to see if someone on here could give me some advise on celexa? I was recently prescribed 20 mg daily for anxeity and depression by my new psychiatrist. She told me to start out by breaking the 20mg pill in half and taking 10mg the first week or two. I have never taken this drug and wanted to see what anyone else who has taken this drug experienced with it. My doctor has also put me on valium 5 mg prn which i can only take half of because it makes me so tired. I have not started the celexa yet as I wanted to try to get some info on the drug from other people first. Please someone give me some answers...

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Default Celexa

Celexa is a good anti-depressant. Don't worry. Information on Celexa:
    http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/sr...elexa&x=29&y=9
    Just click on the purple URL for the information you might find helpful. A Psychiatrist isn't going to prescribe you a drug thhat's gonna hurt you. If you
    feel the drug isn't compatible with you, let him know and he'll prescribe an alternative drug. Celexa works for a lot of people, including myself.
    Hope this helps.

GriffSS Mike

morninglory is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GriffSS View Post
    Celexa is a good anti-depressant. Don't worry. Information on Celexa:
    http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/sr...elexa&x=29&y=9
    Just click on the purple URL for the information you might find helpful. A Psychiatrist isn't going to prescribe you a drug thhat's gonna hurt you. If you
    feel the drug isn't compatible with you, let him know and he'll prescribe an alternative drug. Celexa works for a lot of people, including myself.
    Hope this helps.

GriffSS Mike
    Thanks griffsSS, I have been prescribed Celexa and have not yet had the script filled. My previous antidepressant was PaxilCR which had helped me in the past; then I stopped taking it when my "situation" changed and I felt better. Later, I needed it again but this last time it did not alleviate the depression/anxiety/etc. So my new MD told me to try Celexa. I have read the side effects and the only problem I see is that I had hepB in the past. My doctor knows this and he still prescribed the Celexa. I just want the anxiety, agressiveness (a side effect of depression), and anger to go away. Maybe I should go away.
    Betsy

Default Celexa Anxiety

Celexa (Citalopram) is a fairly new antidepressant, and I have heard nothing bad about this drug. I take it myself 40mg once a day and have had no problems. Just go ahead and start taking it. Take care,
    GriffSS
    Mike VG

Default Courage

Hehehe. I had HepB 21 yrs. ago. There's nothing wrong with being cautious,but you're doing nothing but prolonging your depression and anxiety. It takes about 2 weeks for Celexa to kick in so let's go. Hehehe. Really Celexa is a very good drug as far as pharmaceuticals go. It's not going to hurt you, it's going to help you. I have no side effects. Just quit worrying and overanalyzingtry it. No one is going to force you to continue taking something that isn't working for you, if it doesn't you can try something else, but you're still going to have this experience with that drug as well--anxiety. Celexa has a high success rate. So just go for it. You have to begin somewhere. God Bless you and give you the courage to jump. GriffSS
    Last edited by Mike VG; 09-26-2007 at 11:38 PM.
    Mike VG

Let me know what you do morninglory, you've got me concerned about what you're going to do. Okay?
    Mike VG

Thumbs up

okay guys i am going to start taking the celexa tonight.. will let you know how it goes.. keep your fingers crossed for me!

Talking

hi guys just wanted to let you know that i am on day 10 of 10 mg of celexa and it is going great!! I will be bumping up eventually to around 40 mg. The only side effect I have noticed is a slight headache but ever changing weather here in ky has thrown my sinuses and allergies for a spin. This drug has definetly made a huge difference in my life already. I was so afraid to try any meds but this one is awsome!! Thanks so much for your advice and good luck to all!! Also panic is at a almost minimum and the med gives me a ton of energy! Don't be afraid to try this med!!