• 1 Post By Invisible_Girl
  • 1 Post By surfdog
  • 1 Post By deleted116
  • 1 Post By thalia45
  • 1 Post By deleted116
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
But OHHH ohhh these sleepless nights!
    bekka1964 is offline Junior Member

Default But OHHH ohhh these sleepless nights!

Day 15 of subs and I really want just ONE goodnight sleep! I sleep from like 5 or 6am til 9am then i try to nap between 1-3am ( I read in Cosmo best time for a nap because your body core temp at the lowest) Also dealing with emotions are tough,crying. I have been pretty "medicated' since last april when my dad passed from cancer and my friend shot herself. I am getting a bit worried about facing those feelings.

Invisible_Girl is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bekka1964 View Post
    Day 15 of subs and I really want just ONE goodnight sleep! I sleep from like 5 or 6am til 9am then i try to nap between 1-3am ( I read in Cosmo best time for a nap because your body core temp at the lowest) Also dealing with emotions are tough,crying. I have been pretty "medicated' since last april when my dad passed from cancer and my friend shot herself. I am getting a bit worried about facing those feelings.
    I am totally feeling your pain about the lack of sleep and crying. It's about driving me nuts! I can't really offer any advice on what's to come, but you're not alone.
    bekka1964 likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Girl View Post
    I am totally feeling your pain about the lack of sleep and crying. It's about driving me nuts! I can't really offer any advice on what's to come, but you're not alone.
    Bekka have you thought of seeing a therapist? Talking through those feelings with someone present that is objective is a great help. Plus in a safe environment. Hang in there you are doing great, the sleep will come just can't say when. Really sorry for your losses God Bless Surfdog

ooops wrong quote i'm computer impaired
    bekka1964 likes this.

deleted116 is offline Member

Bekka, first off let me say I love the Grease reference in your thread title

As far as sleep, all I can say to reassure you is that it DOES come back....not as soon as you would like, but sooner than you think. When you are in it you feel like you will never get a good night's sleep again, but all of a sudden it does come back. For me it was in stages. I'm on Day 107 coming off of oxycodone (which I know is a little different detox than the subs). This time around for me I didn't have insomnia, per se, but I did a LOT of tossing and turning and major sweating. And waking up every 2 hours or so. Around 3 weeks or so I started noticing that the sweating was pretty much gone, and I was only waking up once or twice a night. What they say about 30 days really being a different place was true for me. After 30 days my sleep was fine.....and around 60 days it was completely back to normal. So that's my long winded way of saying that it does come back! Hang in there, you are doing great and you can get through this.

I'm so sorry about your father and your friend. That's a lot of emotions to deal with, and definitely the drugs do numb those. I dealt with grief that I had numbed, and am still dealing with huge feelings of guilt about all the money I've spent. It's funny how when you are in it the drugs help you not to feel those so strongly. It's hard, and seeing a therapist may be the best thing. Overall though you will be happy with the sensation of actually feeling things again.

Hang in there!
    caughtagain likes this.

thalia45 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by moon6748 View Post
    Bekka, first off let me say I love the Grease reference in your thread title

As far as sleep, all I can say to reassure you is that it DOES come back....not as soon as you would like, but sooner than you think. When you are in it you feel like you will never get a good night's sleep again, but all of a sudden it does come back. For me it was in stages. I'm on Day 107 coming off of oxycodone (which I know is a little different detox than the subs). This time around for me I didn't have insomnia, per se, but I did a LOT of tossing and turning and major sweating. And waking up every 2 hours or so. Around 3 weeks or so I started noticing that the sweating was pretty much gone, and I was only waking up once or twice a night. What they say about 30 days really being a different place was true for me. After 30 days my sleep was fine.....and around 60 days it was completely back to normal. So that's my long winded way of saying that it does come back! Hang in there, you are doing great and you can get through this.

I'm so sorry about your father and your friend. That's a lot of emotions to deal with, and definitely the drugs do numb those. I dealt with grief that I had numbed, and am still dealing with huge feelings of guilt about all the money I've spent. It's funny how when you are in it the drugs help you not to feel those so strongly. It's hard, and seeing a therapist may be the best thing. Overall though you will be happy with the sensation of actually feeling things again.

Hang in there!
    Bekka, the middle of the night is where I most want company; let's look for each other. Good reason to be up at such a crazy hour!
    bekka1964 likes this.

deleted116 is offline Member

Bekka, apparantly my brain is still somewhat mush....when I first read your thread title for some reason it sounded to me like John Travolta in Grease saying "But ohhh, those summer nights!". I re-read again and it didn't sound as much to me like that. Haha, sorry!
    bekka1964 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Bekka
    I'm being truthful when i say that facing the feelings is a lot easier and less exhausting than dodging them.
    Sleep.....a friend and i started out our journey together on a thread just about that. we made it though and pretty soon we were talking about the weather, after someone told us to look back at our thread we realized we had started sleeping and weren't even appreciating it!
    hang in there, it happens!
    bekka1964 likes this.

bekka1964 is offline Junior Member

Thanks so much....I need a therapist for sure, guess in time. I was doing better than last year my dad dies and my best friend shot herself9after yrs of abusing pills) for awhile I thought that ws my answer too, but I know its not. Im hanging in there
    Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Bekka have you thought of seeing a therapist? Talking through those feelings with someone present that is objective is a great help. Plus in a safe environment. Hang in there you are doing great, the sleep will come just can't say when. Really sorry for your losses God Bless Surfdog

ooops wrong quote i'm computer impaired