boyfriend in rehab.
    tpkv05 is offline Junior Member

Default boyfriend in rehab.

My boyfriend is in rehab for a >>>>>> addiction. TOday he called me and asked me to send him some excedrin Pm because he said he can't sleep at night, he also asked me to send him some benadryl for his allergies. I don't mind sending him that.

Then he asked me to send him some weed brownies, and of course I said no. Should I still send him the excedrin PM and the benadryl? Or is there a way you can get high off that too?

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

There is no reason to supply anyone who is in rehab with any medication, whether or not it is addictive. The medical team monitors ALL drug use, including OTC - and they need to know exactly what any patient is taking. Your boyfriend is engaging in "addict behavior," going behind their backs to get drugs. If they are refusing an OTC medication, trust that there is a good reason for it.

God bless,
    Ruth

Psyched is offline Member

tpkv05,
    Ruth gave you good advice. I know that in my hospital whenever a patient gets caught having people sneak things in for him/her, he/she can lose his/her visitation privileges and, if the substance is an illegal one, we inform the police and have that person arrested. Also, the doctor can choose to fire the patient and refuse to treat them ever again. Hope this gives you some things to think about.

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

This is a no brainer! Absolutely DO NOT do what he asked.