Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree320Likes
Back on Day 2 and need to talk..
    toni.s. is offline Senior Member

just wanna jump on the band wagon with my congrats!

lol..
    just had a thought..

we're all 'ON' the wagon, so to speak...aren't we? lol

well...6 mos on the wagon!
    ur doing great!

i can't believe u were sitting where i am now..when i first started 'lurking"..
    you have no idea how much that helps me out..

puts it into a different perspective for me.
    thank you for ur sobriety.
    not only did u help urself..but u helped me too.

congrats again.
    LovesAnimals likes this.

deleted116 is offline Member

Thank you all so much....all of your words seriously mean so much to me. Reid, I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time....I'll be thinking of you and hoping that it passes soon....

I'm so happy to be where I am....and I also realize that I have a long way to go. So many more goals to be reached....not only in my sobriety "timeline", but just in life in general. A long time ago in my thread I said that no one is guaranteed a happy, content life just because they stop pills. They have to work for it. I believe that now more than ever. If I don't fill my life with things that make me happy, fill those holes, etc., then I can easily slip back to my old ways. That was my problem to start with I think....I was just waiting for this "happy" life to instantly appear, and when it didn't, I found something that would simulate it for me. So I'm just going to keep working at it, and hopefully good things will come my way because of it...

A question....I'm not on here all that much so I think I might have missed something....is Robert taking a break? I haven't seen his name on any threads lately......

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Bravo Moon I also believe the same. I have replaced finding pills, taking them, and laying around, with fishing, photography, and storm chasing It has really helped keep my mind off the other things. Keep up the good work girl!
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hi moon..
    just catchin' up here..

God bless you, girl!! you 'sound' soooo good!

i followed your thread since near the beginning, and i remember
    the struggles you faced..

your story will be/is such an inspiration to sooo many..
    i pray for all the best for you.. strength, determination, peace, faith, hope and love..

may they all be yours in abundance!
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

deleted116 is offline Member

Hi all, just wanted to check in! On September 14th I hit my 7 month mark. If you would have told me a year or two ago that I could go 7 months, I would have said you were crazy. It feels so nice to be entering a new season (my favorite, Fall!) clean and sober and just enjoying life. And 7 months later I'm FINALLY starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel as far as the finances, so that's been good.

I hope all my old friends are doing well....and that anyone who is starting out and might be reading this can realize that there IS a better life without pills in it....

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Congrats on 7 months Moon!!! proud of you.. Thanks for checking in! All my best, Reid
    Robert_325 and winged eagle like this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by moon6748 View Post
    Hi all, just wanted to check in! On September 14th I hit my 7 month mark. If you would have told me a year or two ago that I could go 7 months, I would have said you were crazy. It feels so nice to be entering a new season (my favorite, Fall!) clean and sober and just enjoying life. And 7 months later I'm FINALLY starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel as far as the finances, so that's been good.

I hope all my old friends are doing well....and that anyone who is starting out and might be reading this can realize that there IS a better life without pills in it....

Proud of you, Moon! Seven months clean is awesome. I fully expect to hear back soon that you have a year! God bless.
    winged eagle and deleted116 like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Thank you for checking in Moon! So glad to hear you are doing well. My father always has to remind me of the day. I just don't even count them anymore to be honest. I don't lose sight of the problem I had though and keep fighting daily. Hope everyone else can do the same. Peace
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678