babystimp's sub taper thread
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default babystimp's sub taper thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by babystimp
    Hi Robert_325, I may need your help, I am trying to get off Suboxone. I have had 2 back surgeries, and was prescribed many strong pain pills for 6 yrs. including oxy's & fentanyl patches. I've now been on suboxone for 4 yrs. I was prescribed 16mg a day. But for the past yr. (without my doc knowing) i've been taking about 8mg a day. I have no creativity on these pills, no energy, constantly in a fog, even embarassed to talk to people because I sound like an idiot. I asked my doc. a few months ago if I could taper off, he said sure, so he cut me down by halves each month. 16mg, to 12mg, to 8mg, to 4mg, and now on 2mg a day. That was pretty easy for me, had extra pain but just took more muscle relaxers. But now he thinks I should go from 2mg to none! Well, I tried, took 2mg in the morning and was fine until the next day, started to have withdrawls, they didn't seem too bad until 3:00 am. Then it hit me hard! So I gave in and took 1mg, and then I was fine. So now I have been taking 1mg in the morning and that's it. So I am pretty close, but I don't think I can go through awful withdrawls again, I have been through them alot in the past, and I know how bad they are. I have an appiontment with my doc the 11th this month. I'm gonna tell him that I am taking 1mg a day. He is a very good doc., very understanding and caring. But for some reason he thinks I shouldn't have withdrawls from 2mg a day to none. But I know even if I go from 1mg to none I will have withdrawls. What should I say to him? Also, if you could maybe help me to titrate down a good way, so I won't have withdrawls soo bad. Did you use any benzo's while you were getting off sub? I don't think anyone will prescribe me any. I would really appreciate your help, if you could, thank you and God Bless.

Telling a patient to jump off cold at 2mg is just plain not knowing how to do this. Most people taper down slowly to at least .5mg, which is what I did, most go down to .25mg before starting a process of skipping days.

Here is a link to the taper process I've devised when I got clean with subs and I've used it here working with others for years. It's been proven successful COUNTLESS times.

I would print a copy of the link and show it to your dr if necessary. This process will work with minimal side effects at the end. Most have a little depression, anxiety, body aches but stopping abruptly at 2mg after using 16mg (16mg is the standard dose that sub drs mistakenly think everyone should use ) is just begging for trouble especially with your using history.

Follow the taper process all the way down to .25mg and then do the process of day skipping as explained in the link and you'll be okay. You should start a thread of your own if you want my help so that we can communicate and keep up easily with how you're doing. If you need help with the new thread let me know and I'll do it for you. Hope this helps. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...apy-50887.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Robert_325; Yesterday at 06:18 PM.

Yesterday, 09:57 PM
    babystimp
    New Member Join Date: Nov 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you soo much, I am new to this site, I don't know how to start a new thread. Heck, I had to go into my history to find out how to get back here. I am just looking for the easiest, most painless way to get off suboxone. I have an artificial disk in my back that has been recalled, and I hurt constantly, but I would rather be free from and opiates and hurt, than be a prisoner of both. I had a stupid back surgeon when I was 18 put me on oxy's after my 1st back surgery, and told me they weren't addictive! That was 10 yrs. ago, I had never heard of oxycontin. I was young and dumb and thought the docs knew everything. Yeah right, the same doc had me on fentanyl 75 patches, and when I called to tell the doc they were too strong, his nurse said to cut them in half! That could have killed me! Then he ripped me off fentanyl cold turkey cause I was talking about going to another surgeon. Anyway, not that you asked, but that's just a bit of my crazy story. Sub has helped a lot with not having to take more and more, from building a tolorance to regular pain pills. But i'm just tired of bieng dependant on something. I'm sure you understand. Anyway, I might need help starting a thread, I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks, maybe I don't have to feel soo alone with this struggle after all, I have people around that love me, but they can never fully understand.

I'm assuming you read the link. Now just go below this box when you finish replying and look for where it says Thread Subscription.
    Set your computer under that for "instant email notification".
    Then drugs.com will email you each time there is a post here so we won't miss any posts back and forth. Keep all your posts to me right on this thread so I can track your progress.

Do the taper like the link says. Just reduce the dose by 25% every four days. We'll see how you do and make suggestions as progress forward. I promise you do what I ask you to do and we'll have you totally clean in a couple months MAX!

You're at 2mg so you should reduce to 1.5mg four four days. Then we'll decide if you're ready to move forward again. Be positive! I don't anticiipate you having any problems. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default Wishing u all the best!!

Hey I am @ the same dose you are on. I am on 1.5mg..thinking of going down to 1mg soon...we can do this 2gether....I always wanted to find someone @ the same dose of subs as me so we cud help each other out:-)

Robert has been a godsend. Listen to everything he says. He knows what he is talking about. He has helped so many ppl. He is truly an amazing man who has so much knowledge on subs unlike many of these dr.'s who start us off @ such high doses.

Please keep in touch...I am still figuring out how this forum works (tech wise). We will get there! Keep your eyes on the prize!!

God Bless!

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

yeah in all honesty Robert should be the man teaching these prescribing doctors the sub classes. They literally have 0 idea what they are taking about. I punked mine into googling naloxone. Follow him to victory! Good luck to the both of you

Quote Originally Posted by livingin2worlds View Post
    Hey I am @ the same dose you are on. I am on 1.5mg..thinking of going down to 1mg soon...we can do this 2gether....I always wanted to find someone @ the same dose of subs as me so we cud help each other out:-)

Robert has been a godsend. Listen to everything he says. He knows what he is talking about. He has helped so many ppl. He is truly an amazing man who has so much knowledge on subs unlike many of these dr.'s who start us off @ such high doses.

Please keep in touch...I am still figuring out how this forum works (tech wise). We will get there! Keep your eyes on the prize!!

God Bless!

Like I told you on another thread DON'T drop from 1.5mg to 1mg when you're not feeling as well as you previously were. That is a 33% drop. You only should be reducing by 25% at a time. You should only reduce to 1.125mg. The reductions start getting small as the doses get small. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 11-06-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

babystimp is offline Junior Member

Thanks again Robert, I am actually at 1mg right now, having a bit of difficulty sleeping, but it's been 2 days at 1mg so I think i'm ok on 1mg. I don't know how I did it, God has definitely helped me through this, I thought I would have a lot more pain.Do they make any smaller doses than 2mg, cause im not sure how to break the pills up right each time. I will try to do what you said and and do the instant e-mail notification thing. I'm not sure yet but I might stay at 1mg till I see my doc the 11th.
    Last edited by babystimp; 11-06-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babystimp View Post
    Thanks again Robert, I am actually at 1mg right now, having a bit of difficulty sleeping, but it's been 2 days at 1mg so I think i'm ok on 1mg. I don't know how I did it, God has definitely helped me through this, I thought I would have a lot more pain.Do they make any smaller doses than 2mg, cause im not sure how to break the pills up right each time. I will try to do what you said and and do the instant e-mail notification thing. I'm not sure yet but I might stay at 1mg till I see my doc the 11th.

You don't need smaller doses. Take a 2mg pill and crush it into powder. Divide it into four equal .5mg piles. Then you take a single-edged razor and divide those .5mg piles into what portion you need. Label what is left with a sticky note. Use a glass picture frame or mirror. Then pour the sub onto a sharply creased piece of paper and pour it under your tongue. It works just fine.like that. Hope that helps. God bless.

Went to the docThurs. told him it was too much going from 2-0mg. So he said I can do it however I fell is right for me. But he doesn't thimk going from 1-0mg should be a problem. He thinks that most of it would be in my head. Well, he's never had to go through opiate withdrawls, but i'm sure some of it is in my head, but not as much as he thinks. He thinks since I went from 16-2mg(tapering by 2 mg each time) with really no problems, why would it be a problem going to 0? I don't know, but it is harder. I've been at 1mg for about a week now. Should I go to 0.5mg now? I have no energy, I take my pill in the morning, and by the next morning I already feel the withdrawls. I am soo cold all the time, subs always warm me up. How long does it take to get energy back? Thanks, God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by babystimp View Post
    Went to the docThurs. told him it was too much going from 2-0mg. So he said I can do it however I fell is right for me. But he doesn't thimk going from 1-0mg should be a problem. He thinks that most of it would be in my head. Well, he's never had to go through opiate withdrawls, but i'm sure some of it is in my head, but not as much as he thinks. He thinks since I went from 16-2mg(tapering by 2 mg each time) with really no problems, why would it be a problem going to 0? I don't know, but it is harder. I've been at 1mg for about a week now. Should I go to 0.5mg now? I have no energy, I take my pill in the morning, and by the next morning I already feel the withdrawls. I am soo cold all the time, subs always warm me up. How long does it take to get energy back? Thanks, God Bless.

You should reduce just 25% which is .75mg. The reductions get really small now down at these microdoses. But you are getting close to being ready to skip days and then be done. Hang on maybe another 3-4 weeks and if all goes well you're another story, which I'm sure you will be.

The energy or lack of will be helped with a little exercise, even if it's a walk around the block. Gets your natural endorphines going. Try it and see if it doesn't help some at least. God bless.

Ok, I am now down to .5mg just started this morning, hopefully it works out. I was on .75 for 7 days. I go to my doc. tomorrow, he thinks a lot of it is in my head. Wait until I tell him I am gonna do .25 next, he thinks I should have done 2-0mg. I told him I was on a site fo people that have been through getting off sub. He said don't look on the internet for answers, there is too much junk on there! Well, soo far you have helped me through this a lot more than my doc. Robert, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to help people through this. I told someone else about you on this site, it seems they are really in need of some help, I forget the name posted, but I gave them yours and said to look you up on here. Thanks again, and God bless!
    Last edited by babystimp; 11-22-2010 at 11:51 PM.

jammymommy is offline Senior Member

Hi baby- I'm one of Robert's success stories. I've been off subs since Oct 17. YES, you need to taper slowly!! If your doc is open to it, I agree - give him a copy of the Induction/Taper program - you may be helping his future patients.

YOU are doing amazingly well, by the way!!!!!
    It takes a while to feel "good as new", but you'll get there, Buddy!
    jammy

Than you jammymommy, went to the doc., guess he's not as open minded as I thought, he says buprenorphine's strength is between percocet and talwin! Is he wrong? I told him I am taking .5mg now, and he said I might as wll be licking the bottle. He says I sould start taking it in the morning and then one the next evening, then skip a day. That's a good idea to go from morning to the next evening, but not at .5mg I want to get down to .25 then do that. But he wouldn't listen, so I have an appiontment in 2 weeks again, and he said if I am off and doing good, to cancel, but I can always go back if I ever need to. I'm gonna cancel my app. and do the rest without him. Took .75mg this morning because I woke up with something out of wack in between my shoulders, I can bearly lift my arms, I can't een take a deep breath, so I took a little extra, and also a flexeril so I wouldn't be completely miserable for Thanksgiving with my family. So does that mean I have to start all over at .5 tomorrow? How many days should I stay at .5? Thank you, and God bless! Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving!!