Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crystalclear651
anyone else do this? what can I expect?
    tdouglas is offline New Member

Question anyone else do this? what can I expect?

I don't want to make this a long post because I hate typing on my tablet..

Basically my story is this: Addicted to hydro/perc (approximately 20 10mg, on the average day) for 8 months. Switched to suboxone and started at 32mg.. I know, crazy, right? Did subutex throughout my pregnancy.. Now I have tapered down to 1.75mg. I planned on tapering down to around .05 and then jumping, but the more I think about it, the more I just want to get it over with. My family and I are going on vacation August 17th and I want so desperately to be done and better by then. I have plenty of help for myself and my toddler.. I will be staying with my in-laws.

What I have in my head right now is this:

Saturday- 1.5
    Sunday- 1
    Monday- .05
    Tuesday- 0

I know it won't be easy, but I have comfort med- clonodine, ativan, xanax.. Lots of vitamins and supplements. I just want to get this over with. If it is too intense, I can always go back and taper more, but I feel like I should at least give myself a chance to do this. I also think if my w/d were worse, it would deter me in the future from any more drug abuse.. Not that I ever plan on going back..... I have to give my little boy a better life than that.I

Anyone have any advice to offer?

surfdog is offline Senior Member

T the standard drop is 25% every dour days and start skipping days. I do not know that much about subs but from seeing others on here that drop is too quick and the possibility of being very sick is a threat.

I suggest post a thread in Need to Talk asking Cheeky for help with this she knows way more on this subject than I do Hang tight there will help coming Dog

rxqueen83 is offline Member

It's more challenging at that dose than say .25 mg, but I personally wouldn't be scared of it. I just jumped on the 20th from .25 mg after a rapid taper from .50 mg. I got jumpy and just did it. It depends on how you feel. It makes a little more sense to get yourself as low as possible. It's something you have to decide on. Are you still pregnant? It wasn't clear...
    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

tdouglas is offline New Member

Thank you guys for responding! rxqueen- I am no longer pregnant. My son was born in November 2010. He had a very hard time.. I have so much guilt because of that. All my doctors told me not to stop the subs and he would have no wd. That was a terrible week.. I was supposed to be enjoying my new baby, but instead, I was being treated by the majority of the hospital staff like I was a POS crack whore, when that was not the case. I did what my doctors asked of me. But, I don't want to get too far into that conversation. It's still incredibly painful- Thank God for my therapist or I would have made myself crazy over it.

But one of the reasons I want to get off the subs is so I can have another baby at some point. I can't put another baby through the pain I put my son through. I want to be clean, happy, normal.. I want to enjoy my son and my life. The subs are making that very difficult to do. I may end up giving myself another week to taper down, but I'm ready to just make the jump and be done with it. Even if it means a little more discomfort. I'm not as scared of that as I used to be. I guess I feel like I deserve it in some ways.. Is that crazy?

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tdouglas View Post
    Thank you guys for responding! rxqueen- I am no longer pregnant. My son was born in November 2010. He had a very hard time.. I have so much guilt because of that. All my doctors told me not to stop the subs and he would have no wd. That was a terrible week.. I was supposed to be enjoying my new baby, but instead, I was being treated by the majority of the hospital staff like I was a POS crack whore, when that was not the case. I did what my doctors asked of me. But, I don't want to get too far into that conversation. It's still incredibly painful- Thank God for my therapist or I would have made myself crazy over it.

But one of the reasons I want to get off the subs is so I can have another baby at some point. I can't put another baby through the pain I put my son through. I want to be clean, happy, normal.. I want to enjoy my son and my life. The subs are making that very difficult to do. I may end up giving myself another week to taper down, but I'm ready to just make the jump and be done with it. Even if it means a little more discomfort. I'm not as scared of that as I used to be. I guess I feel like I deserve it in some ways.. Is that crazy?
    You DO NOT deserve any pain dealt out by you or anyone else. You did what the doc told you that is why we trust them they are supposed to have our best interest in mind. Lighten up on yourself. Dog

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Hey there, I'm currently tapering off suboxone with the help of cheekysod n the support of so many people on here. N like surfdog says you don't deserve to be in pain. How long have you been on suboxone? If you haven't read Roberts taper plan check it out: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Im not an expert on this, just another person looking to get off suboxone (I've tapered down from 32 mg to 2 mg now) n have had amazing support here. I understand you wanting to be off NOW (I'm very impatient, lol) but I think it maybe better for you to taper off a bit slower, you don't want to relapse or suffer wds that could end up being intense. You are so low in dose that you could be tapered off very soon n with less symptoms if you follow the taper plan on the link I attached. Ultimately it's up to u what you want to do but just wanted to add to what Nadia n surfdog said. Whatever you decide, keep posting n I wish u the very best!
    Take care,
    Crystal
    ClassiqueMom likes this.