Anti-depressants with opiates
    rexxorz is offline New Member

Default Anti-depressants with opiates

The girl of my dreams left me a few weeks ago and I have been getting into some bad habits again with friends but now i'm starting to look into all the different aspects of the situation and i stumbled across a site that said opiates aren't supposed to be taken with anti-depressants which really socked it to me. Anyone clarify? Much appreciated in advance.

-Jay

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Huh? They're prescribed together all the time, I don't think there's any problem. Check it out in the drug interaction checker here to be sure.

rexxorz is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    Huh? They're prescribed together all the time, I don't think there's any problem. Check it out in the drug interaction checker here to be sure.
    took a load of my chest. thanks.

ymccormack is offline Member

Default UH....

I remember that mixing opiates and Antidepressants is very bad....it's what killed Anna Nicole.

as I remember....the combination puts the user in a fog...slurred speech, staggering

That's why Anna Nicole always seemed so messed up.

I could be wrong but...

I would definitely double check that combo out before partaking anymore....

YM

Dave87666 is offline Member

Well yes both used in conjuction will cause the "Anna Nicole" slurred speach type deal...I used dope and anti-depressants,and could THINK of what I wanted to say,but could'nt quite get it out of my mouth...Will it kill you?Maybe,but just as same as getting hit by a car...When you mess with powerful drugs BE preped for what may happen...

starryskies is offline Junior Member

I dont know much about that, but I always thought it was just a certain kind of opiate and antidepressants were bad to mix together. Didn't Anna Nicole's son die from mixing Methadone with Zoloft and Lexapro?

gerstner23 is offline Junior Member

Default anna

i thought anna nicole acted the way she did because of the valium with methadone. if you never saw the way these two drugs interact together i guess you saw a little with anna nicole, dont think it had anything to do with anti-depressiants brad

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Well the VA prescribed me two antidepressants, Celexa and Effexor, two anti-anxiety drugs, Clonazepam and Depakote, as well as an opiate, Percocet--
    these are for Postherpetic Neuralgia. So, there ya go.

GriffSS Mike