Ambien reaction?
    Irishdaughter is offline New Member

Default Ambien reaction?

My 81 year old mother started taking this product 2 or 3 months ago and Ihave had 2 late night calls that there are bugs in her house, some flyup about 2 feet, some grow and explode and some have gotten on her and bitten her. THERE ARE NO BUGS!!! I have checked bedding carpet, checked areas where she sees them when I am there and see nothing. Anyone heard if this product can cause this sort of reaction?

Irishdaughter

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

There are a few other posts on this board, and on some others as well from people who have experienced the same thing with Ambien. Though, usually, they were taking more than prescribed. Do you know if she is taking the prescribed dose, or maybe doubling up when she has trouble sleeping? If she is taking the amount prescribed, with no extra, the current dose might just be too strong for her.

I would advise you to talk to her doctor about this. This med just might not agree with her, and she may need something different.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

MADUNV1 is offline New Member

IrishDaughter -

I took Ambien for about 6 years - after a drunken afternoon's antics nearly killed me. (Cut my arm just about off). Neadless to say - have been sober now since 96. I never had a problem with ambien - except if I woke during the evening and had to go to the bathroom - I couldn't go BACK to sleep...as if the pill had my body thinking I was through sleeping. However, I have heard from many others that Ambien can cause reactions that you mentioned...hallucinations. Some people just cannot take that medicine. Make sure your grandmother advises her doctor about this reaction. She could end up hurting herself some day by thinking something is there and it isn't. Let me know how she's doing, ok??

Beth

banne is offline New Member

I have taken Ambien for 8 years. About 5 years ago I tried to stop it and I saw fans everywhere, yes , fans. I called the doctor at 2 am and she told me to go take my ambien that I would have to wean off of it. I was on 15mgs per night. I now am trying to get off ambien by slowly weaning down. banne

Barbara Anne Carter