• 1 Post By caughtagain
  • 1 Post By zanneb99
  • 1 Post By luvy298
  • 1 Post By caughtagain
  • 1 Post By zanneb99
Addicted to tramadol
    zanneb99 is offline New Member

Post Addicted to tramadol

At this point i dont know what to do.. I have been ordering tramadol online for about 8 months.. I have RSD and was presribed this severals ago.. I only took it a week.. But My physician assured me it was NOT habit forming.. Yea right.. I took the last 2 pills yesterday at 4pm and i am VERY sick.. im guessing this is withdrawl symptoms.. I cannot trust my self to taper off and have no insurance.. no one knows.. Any ideas? Please? I hope im doing this right.. this is the 1st time ive been on a forum

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zanneb99 View Post
    At this point i dont know what to do.. I have been ordering tramadol online for about 8 months.. I have RSD and was presribed this severals ago.. I only took it a week.. But My physician assured me it was NOT habit forming.. Yea right.. I took the last 2 pills yesterday at 4pm and i am VERY sick.. im guessing this is withdrawl symptoms.. I cannot trust my self to taper off and have no insurance.. no one knows.. Any ideas? Please? I hope im doing this right.. this is the 1st time ive been on a forum
    Hi Zanne
    how much have you been taking a day ? and for how long ?
    Melinda

Ive been taking about 8 50 milligram pills a day for 8 months without a break

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Hi Zanne... I can understand where you are coming from.. Back in the day, tramadol was given out as an option when Opiates (true) were not given out.. Meaning, if a doc did not want to write for Vicodin or Percocet, they would dish out tramadols. In my case, I ate em up and then had a seizure when I tried to stop suddenly... SO, don't just stop, you have to taper. Now, some will say they did it and just felt WD's, but the problem with that is you are playing russian roulette. When the SSRI pathway is involved you are messing with fire Keep posting and let us know how we can help, but IF POSSIBLE DO NOT STOP SUDDENLY WITH TRAMADOLS.... All my best, Reid
    ComingHome and zanneb99 like this.

Thanks Reid..unfortunately at this point im kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak.. the worst part is 3rd night no sleep.. Hoping if i make it through work today ill be able to sleep tonight.The Wd's are bad enough but i could handle those if i could just sleep.. Im going crossed eyed.. so im off here for now.. thatnks for the encouragement

Thanks so much for taking the time Sydney its greatly appreciated..What really makes me angry about this is i have ALWAYS avoided anything addicting in nature because both of my parents were addicts and alcoholics.. I cant risk getting another prescrition.. I wont be able to taper im at the beginning of day 4... Im scared to death.. But im more scared of not being able to stop.. soo im gonna try and work thru this.. i have been working and i think that probably helps me.. Now whether or not my customers feel the same is questionable..If i could just sleep i think >> be ok.. This is such a horrible thing.. People can order these things on the internet... Thats what sucks.. I mean.. I dont judge anyone.. I was self medicating .. When i was 1st diagnosed with RSD the Dr put me on Norco Soma AND xanax.. i was a freaking vegetable.. I just stopped using all that at once...I wish people would know what this does before they pick up the phone and have a prescrition of something they think is not a narcotic at thier doorstep overnight.. This is a horrible little addiction... I never thought >> use that word in the same sentence with my name.. Live and learn eh? again Thanks ill keep ya posted xox Suz:}

LOL how ironic just as i finished this message.. i got an e-mail from the pharmacy saying i should refill my prescription today so as not to run out... .. kinda made me giggle.. Or maybe it was more like a mad cackle... :}

A different spin on the whole Tram Vs True Opiate debate.... What it all boils down too is the people perscribing these meds need to be better informed on the pro's Vs Con's of these medications. That means more education and more frequently would help. Another great example of this is the way doc's write for Subs... They write for way too much..... Crazy, but could be deadly. I have been an addict for a long time and I also understand it is my responsibility with respecct to how much I take... So I get that angle....BUT...... Back in the day when I was eating percocets like they were salted peanuts at a football game, Doc's would write for as much tramadol as I wanted even though they were writing it in the first place because they were skeptical about my use of opiates.... That is where the problem is That was in essence trading one devil for another. When I had a seizure I should have known it was trouble. But back then, I had no clue it was from the Ultram. So what did I do? I used it as an excuse to go get a bunch of tests to see where the seizures were coming from.... And I also used it to say I hurt from the seizures, which in turn the new doc said... Ohhhhh seizures cause a lot of pain, I understand, here is some NORCO.... Oyveh.... Anyway, it was not until I started on this forum that I learned more about Tramadol and the problems it can cause. So that is why I just wonder how Doc's cannot get a clue about these things.. I mean some do, but there are still far more that will write away for Tramadol thinking they are "helping" the patient by saving them from an addiction potential caused by "true" opiates.... Crazy huh...Bottom line, in my opinion, opiates should not be used for chronic pain and only for a few days, otherwise the outcome usually is not good.
    zanneb99 likes this.

Ohh the whole thing is just crazy.....I mean one thing i will say is I now understand why people become addiv]cted because even tho i wasent *Euphoric* although would i even know if i were they do make you feel good.. for about a week..Well im still hanging in there.. managed to sleep for 2 hours.. :} Woohoo!!! I hope your over these things as well ..Thanks, Suz

Glad to hear you are hanging in, which at this point is what you need to do. Just keep doing your best and know that you will get through this.. Post and post often to keep your own journal which will help you sort through the different good and bad times in this part of the journey. Let us know if you have questions... Reid and Yes, I have been clean for 2 1/2 years.
    zanneb99 likes this.

Ok its day 5.. last night i got 3 hours sleep... so thats a total of 5 hours in 5 days .. Yeehaw...thats the worst part for me..and the depression.. Ive never really been a depressed person.. I dont like this at all....My brain keeps telling me... Oh you can just take 2 or 3 a day to help with the pain .. what could that hurt..But i know what could happen... And at this very moment im my own worst enemy... Ahhh the joys of addiction.. On the other hand im about the most bullheaded person i know.. at this time in life it doesnt seem like such a bad thing.. i have managed to work every day.. I have no choice.. Music has gotten me thru alot of this.. I am a truely devoted Counting crows fan...It seems like he looks in my brain and pulls out my darkest secrets..and then sings about them.. Ok Yes now im babbling.. I have noticed my creativity is slowly returning.. I write poetry.. Albiet a bit dark and twisted.. the tramadol TOTALLY suppressed my creativity..well.. Off to work .. xox it does get better... so dont give up:}
    caughtagain likes this.

luvy298 is offline Member

Default Hope this helps

I was addicted to Tramadol for 2 years and I also went cold turkey. It was really hard to get my sleeping patterns back on track, but I found that Valerian Root really helped especially at night. You can get this at any health food store and it is natural so you will not become addicted to it. I only use it these days when my anxiety level is high; although I have always suffered from bad anxeity even before the Tramadol.. I have also been taking for the past few months St. John's Wort and it has helped tremendously.

Good luck with everything.
    Luvy298
    zanneb99 likes this.

I dig the Counting Crows.. Good you have music..Proud of you... Reid
    zanneb99 likes this.

Yes the Counting Crows have gotten me thru some pretty bad times in my life.. and being bullheaded of course.. I have tried the valerian.. unfortunately not working..i think ive made it thhru the worst part.. (crosses fingers) and you guys are so awesome.. just having a little support means so much.. I feel ok at the moment.. except for the flashers and brain zaps.. and of course 5 days with only 3 hours of sleep.... But im gonna go try again... Be safe and happy.. ill update tomorrow xox

Oh Joy i just found the like button !!!!!!!!!

i actually slept for a bit last night. Of course i cheated.. a friend of mine gave me an ambien..funny thing.. all night i was almost hallucinating.... about every hour.. i dreamed my ohone rang.. and Steve Martin was asking.. ARE YOU UP???(yes the comedian).. *shrugs*.. I am now! lol to be continued...:

ZANNE..... How goes it!!! I am super proud of you for remaining Vigilant. Thought of you this weekend... Heard Long December (counting crows) Love that song. Anyway, keep pusing and hang in there..... Keep us posted!... Reid

Hi Reid!! not bad.. not quite back to myself... a little dark and morose.. lol but im sleeping ..No more horrible Wds.. and things are looking up a little each day.. Yesterday i was like.. Yea.. i did it..wasent easy sure wasent fun... But it can be done.. luckily i didnt have any seizures .. I would recomend that folks ween themselves..But we are all different.. thanks again for the support. it helped so much..ill still check in .. Have a GREAT tuesday!!!
    caughtagain likes this.