.625mg/day now - sub taper - how low? Roberts plan
    MAKRox is offline Member

Default .625mg/day now - sub taper - how low? Roberts plan

I may have spoke with some of you a while back - Robert was very helpful and a few others who's names escape me at the moment. Tried doing this a while back, relapsed, felt ashamed and left the board. To all the good people who helped me back then, I apologize. My relapse didn't last long, just long enough for me to realize what a huge mistake I was making. I got back on subs and Ive been tapering down since the first week in Jan. I started (inducted myself) at 4mg and stayed there a while. Now I'm down to .625mg/day and to be honest I'm anxious to just be done with this whole process. I hate having to check my pocket everyday to make sure i have my dose. I just want to be FREE!! Im sure all of you know what I mean. So on to my question.........Ive been following Roberts plan (although this time not with his help, knowing, or support) from when I last spoke with him months ago. Ive been dropping 25% every 5-6 days or so, when Im ready, and was wondering how low can/should I go before skipping days? I know you're all going to say as low as you can, but how small of a piece can I really cut off one of those strips? This, and the fact that I only have 2 (8mg) strips left have me wondering how low? Doing the math my next drops are .5mg, .375mg, .25mg, .125mg, .0625mg (these aren't exact drops of 25% but the closest i could get by cutting pieces in half and adding a quarter) at 5-6 days each puts me at 6.5-8mg total plus the skip days. I don't think i can cut much smaller than a .0625mg piece. Is this a small enough amount to start skipping days? Any input, from anyone, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

charlestongirl is offline Junior Member

Hi, I don.t have an answer to your question as I am still holding at 1.5 a day. I'm just stuck right now. Comfortable, but stuck and uneasy about that. Anyway, I just wanted to say good job! Well done. I hope to be able to move again soon and be where you are before too long. I'll be watching this thread to see what that answer is and see how you do. I would love to be able to follow the end of this taper and the after period with you. Gives me hope to see someone do this! Thanks,
    and Godspeed.
    CG

MAKRox is offline Member

Well charlestongirl Ill tell you this.....its not easy but once (or perhaps the second time, ha) i decided to get off this stuff my mind was made up. Im sure you know how hard it is. Stay strong at 1.5 and when you're ready, drop. Good Luck. I know I'm still "on drugs" but I haven't popped a pill in 120 days or so, and thats a small victory in itself. I stayed at 4mg/day for a month or so, just to get the "I need a pill now" thought to leave my mind. When i was ready (fed up) I started to taper. I think I've just come to the realization that I will be sweaty and cold for the rest of my life. Haha. But to be honest, thats really been the only WD symptom I've felt the whole time Ive been dropping. I can get away with it as I am a construction worker by trade and pretty much the family handyman when i get home from work. So Im pretty much sweating for 12-16hrs a day anyway. And honestly I think this is what helps me. My mind is occupied and fooled most of the time. I don't know if I'm WD'ing or just working hard. I just can't wait to be rid of the monkey I carry around on my back. First it was the oxy's, now its the subs. The subs saved me from financial ruin as I was spending pretty much $1000 a week on pills. My whole paycheck. Crazy. So, if anyone has completed Roberts taper, or any taper, please let me know how you did it and how it went. How low did you go, WD symptoms when stopping, etc. Thanks.
    Last edited by MAKRox; 05-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.

MAKRox is offline Member

Has anyone completed this taper? Should I be doing this a different way? Can anyone who got off subs successfully please chime in on how you did it? How you skipped? At what dose you started? How often you dosed? How you felt? Did you use the Thomas recipe afterwards? Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

SuzieOf is offline Member

I have not completed the taper but am at .375 once a day. You are doing great and I"m going to post the link to Robert's taper plan in case you don't have it. I've seen him post that you can taper as low as you want. If you are worried about running out then .25 or .125 would be a good dose to start skipping days at. I believe Robert did it at .50 but I am definitely going to go lower than that because I was on them for over 3 years and I believe that makes a difference. There are still a few people around that have tapered successfully but most of them have left the forum and are living their lives drug free so you might not get a lot of responses from them for that reason. Good luck to all of us

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

just noticed you wrote that you are below .125 .. sorry I missed that.. you are definitely ready to start skipping days.. wow, that is so low. I have the pills and it's such a hassle to get them down that low so I"m going to skip days at .25 or .125 but heck if you feel stable then you are ready!!!
    Last edited by SuzieOf; 05-07-2012 at 11:36 AM.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Mak... just wanted to pop in and try to give you some feed back that you asked for. Although I have not completed Roberts taper, I can tell you from being here for around 3 years on a daily basis, that I have seen many people complete it. If you follow it to the letter and just be patient with the process you have chosen to completer, you will be fine... Is it a challenge, and does it feel as though you might never get through it? Probably.. BUT the reward at the end is so worth it!! So keep chugging along and we will all root for you. All my best, Reid

MAKRox is offline Member

Thanks for replying Reid and thanks for the link. You were right the first time, Im only at .5mg now for 2 days. .375mg will be my next drop. What you read was the list of my upcoming drops. I guess ill try to take it down to .0625 twice a day for a few days and then maybe once a day for a few days then start skipping. Ive only been on the subs for 4 months now. Does that make a difference as compared to your 3 years? Will my system not be as saturated as a long term user or AM i a long term user? Great job by the way on your taper as well. I know everything Ive put myself through to get clean is well worth it in the end. I just can't wait to get there as Im sure you feel the same way. Thanks again. Ill keep you posted and you do the same as I am right behind ya. Good luck.

MAKRox is offline Member

I seem to have mixed both of your post together. Ha. Lets try this again. Susie you were right the first time with my current dose being .5mg a day. And Reid, apparently I put you on subs for 3 years instead of "on the forum", sorry. Susie thanks for the link and for sharing. Good job on the taper and keep it up. The rest of my post above is still pretty accurate. Thanks again.