4th day clean
    thebelltolls is offline New Member

Default 4th day clean

I am in the middle of my 4th day of not using percocet (cold turkey). I used 3 to 4 pills per day for the last two years, and prior to that was using vicodin for 2 years off and on. Although I was prescribed the percocet, my back pain is very tolerable, yet I lied to my doc. Thank God she moved. She wrote me three rxs to last 3 months in Sept. and those are gone (I flushed my last pill this morning). Making it to the 4th day has been very difficult, especially going to work, and trying to be sane around my kids and wife at home. All of the symptoms I have read about on this forum are happening to me. Aches, pains, insomnia (I finally slept last night), some gi distress. The big ones for me are big time spacyness, fatigue, weird chills and sweat, and my sinus just flowing. I haven't cried in years, but the past few days it's like a river. I definitely like getting some melancholy emotion back, not the hyper, uptight, detached, anger I have been feeling for years. I don't know if I am wallowing in it, but it's there. I'm waking up. I just have to say thank you to all of the incredible people who post and offer their experiences and their support to each other. Reading all of your different threads, knowing what to expect, knowing what my options are, has been a God send.

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolls View Post
    I am in the middle of my 4th day of not using percocet (cold turkey). I used 3 to 4 pills per day for the last two years, and prior to that was using vicodin for 2 years off and on. Although I was prescribed the percocet, my back pain is very tolerable, yet I lied to my doc. Thank God she moved. She wrote me three rxs to last 3 months in Sept. and those are gone (I flushed my last pill this morning). Making it to the 4th day has been very difficult, especially going to work, and trying to be sane around my kids and wife at home. All of the symptoms I have read about on this forum are happening to me. Aches, pains, insomnia (I finally slept last night), some gi distress. The big ones for me are big time spacyness, fatigue, weird chills and sweat, and my sinus just flowing. I haven't cried in years, but the past few days it's like a river. I definitely like getting some melancholy emotion back, not the hyper, uptight, detached, anger I have been feeling for years. I don't know if I am wallowing in it, but it's there. I'm waking up. I just have to say thank you to all of the incredible people who post and offer their experiences and their support to each other. Reading all of your different threads, knowing what to expect, knowing what my options are, has been a God send.
    Thebelltolls,

It will all pass buddy when you are finally clean and free. Opiates take time to release its hold on you and even though the chemicals may be out of your body the lasting symptoms of W/D seem to just hang on and on. Imodium AD for diarrhea. Advil or Ibuprofen for the aches and pains. Tylenol is okay but does not contain an anti inflammatory agent and is mainly a fever and pain reducer not to mention harder on the liver. HOT BATHS BUDDY! I practically lived in my tub and as absurd as it may sound it really works! It also helped me a lot when I took one before I went to bed as I always had sleep issues but more so after getting my head out of my butt and getting clean. It really helped with the muscle, joint, and bone pain I felt. Also it was my own quiet down time where no one bothered me and I could just soak and enjoy without tending to other things that happen around the house. Opiate W/D has for the most part common symptoms which is mainly “flu like” symptoms. Chills are normal and the sweats are the pits. Torrents of sweat and it strikes at no set schedule and can be quite embarrassing when it does and you happen to be in front of other folks. Adding a bit of humor here but I was in a conference with many others around the table and I had one of my sweating episodes. The guy next to me was very concerned and thought I was having a heart attack because sweat was literally dribbling off my face onto the table. Everyone feel silent and watched and embarrassed me all I could think of to say was “sorry folks just a touch of the swine flu”. I have never seen a room full of people clear out so fast in my life! Lol!
    Don’t worry about the crying because believe me you will. For no reason too and at no specific time. Mainly though it was late at night when everyone was asleep and you feel all alone and vulnerable, weak, depressed, and feel like a failure.
    Hang in there buddy and you will make it. Since you read this forum you know there are ways to handle your C/T. Just remember one thing though and that is no matter what the experience you have experienced, the knowledge you have learned, the dues you have paid, and the struggles you have gone through are all worth the prize at the end which is being clean. Once there you can hold your head high and rightfully be proud of your accomplishment because you far supersede the masses out there and only you know the truth for sure.

Henry

thebelltolls is offline New Member

Henry, Thank you for the post. I appreciate your advice. I've been taking Tylenol, but considering that the Percocet has had Tylenol in it, and I've been taking it for years, can't hurt to switch over to Advil. Always did wonder about the effects on my liver, although my doc said the amount of Tylenol would not be harmful. I have glimpses of the end of the tunnel. Stopped by the beach on my way to work today and for the first time in a long time marveled at the beauty. Something I have been unable to do for so long. I always felt like I had to get somewhere, but I usually ended up on the couch. The energy which Percocet gave me was really messing with me. At times it got me going. And other times it made me nod out. Funny story about your meeting. I'm sure I have funny stories from when I was stoned, interacting with friends and co-workers and kind of screwing up. Yes, there have been some big screw ups. But right now it doesn't seem very funny. So for now my goal is to be clean, stay clean. I have a drs appt which I scheduled a month ago knowing this new doc will be liberal with meds. I'm going to call and cancel. Thanks for the words.