Like Tree1Likes
31 days clean
    shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

Default 31 days clean

I can't believe I made it a month. I am truly proud of myself, and I am actually feeling kind of happy. I do not feel like I am on a pink cloud because I know I am always going to be 1 pill away from relapse, and i know I can NEVER take pills like a normal person, But i DO feel with all my heart and soul I am gonna be able to continue to stay clean. With all my previous half hearted attempts at sobriety I always had so many doubts about recovery and I was constanlty battling wanting to get clean with wanting to use. I wanted my cake and eat it too. I wanted to be able to use without the bad stuff. WEll, That is impossible for me, I know that now. As much misery as I was in last month around this time from detoxing, I am SO glad it WAS so horrible, mentally and physically. That week will always be fresh in my mind. THE WORST DETOX EVER! It was so bad I was having terribly bad thoughts that i prefer not to get into.
    For those of you struggling with the decision to get clean, or stay cleAN, PLEASE..PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE. How do you know how better your life can be if your clean if you dont give it a chance? The way i looked at it at first, was that pills would always be there. I deserved to see what my life could be clean and sober. And 1 month into it, I realize this is just the stepping stone. One thing I have learned is to NEVER give up on yourself.
    \Sorry for the rambling...

HumHun is offline Member

Lightbulb

How awesome. I am now at one month plus a week. I cannot believe that I could feel this good. The last month was probably one of the hardest months of my life but there is so much light at the end of the tunnel. Freedom feels good.

Anonymous Guest

SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU !!!
    Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Great job!

cryin out is offline Member

Yay chica. You were a huge part of my personal plunge to do this as you were so strong. May your days be filled with joy and light. Keep on sista!