• 1 Post By notime
  • 1 Post By justhadit
  • 1 Post By straggler13
  • 1 Post By Comeback Kid
  • 1 Post By notime
30 day's and counting
    notime is offline Junior Member

Default 30 day's and counting

Hello all, figured I would check in on my one month mark. Things are going well, had one close call last week but was able to avoid it. The moments of weakness are becoming fewer and fewer, but I mentally prepare for them just in case every morning. It is becoming easier to do the things I use to do before the pills without thinking about them. Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to get this far, it will always mean a lot to me. I do not post much, don't really feel that I have a lot to offer, but I check in every day or so to make sure that everyone is ok. Life is good my friends, we just have to live it. I found a quote yesterday that I wanted to leave the parents with, gives me peace when I read it.

"IF THERE MUST BE TROUBLE, LET IT BE IN MY DAY, THAT MY CHILD MAY HAVE PEACE"

Sunny mom is offline Member

What an awesome quote, notime...as a mom, I can TOTALLY relate to that! So glad you're doing well and checking in...keep not using and things will continue to get better!
    toni.s. likes this.

Comeback Kid is offline Member

Great quote! thanks for sharing. So glad to hear you are at the 30day mark! Well done NT! Keep up the good work.
    toni.s. likes this.
    Quotes that keep me going:

"Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    "If not now, when?"
    “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.”

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Char123 is offline Junior Member

I will hit 30 days on Thursday. Sounds like such a short time but for an addict it is a huge achievement,
    Comeback Kid likes this.

That's awesome Char, maybe we can meet up again on day 60!

Today my father reminded me of my 7months. I have forgotten the last 3 months. You will all get to that point as well. You wont even think about it when you look back. Don't let your guard down EVER. Keep it up y'all.
    Sunny mom likes this.

"If not now, when?"
    “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.”

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Comeback, I thank the lord that I got this under control early into my problem. I was honestly doing what I thought was the right thing listening to my doctor, "which I'm still pissed about". It's so good to feel normal after a year and a half of use. I'm so much more stable now, my anger is under control, and I simply could not control it while using. I had forgotten who I was and these doctors should be ashamed of themselves, but I know the all mighty $ means more than we ever will. I'm looking forward to month 7, such a huge accomplishement my friend.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

justhadit is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Comeback, I thank the lord that I got this under control early into my problem. I was honestly doing what I thought was the right thing listening to my doctor, "which I'm still pissed about". It's so good to feel normal after a year and a half of use. I'm so much more stable now, my anger is under control, and I simply could not control it while using. I had forgotten who I was and these doctors should be ashamed of themselves, but I know the all mighty $ means more than we ever will. I'm looking forward to month 7, such a huge accomplishement my friend.
    I am right there with you! I'm off oxy for 10 months now. I had to just count it cause I don't even think about it anymore BUT, the old saying " it is important to remember the past in order to avoid repeating it" is applicable here. Congratulations and keep it up! I'm not sure what you are off of but at 30 days I still had bad leg cramps.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

straggler13 is offline New Member

Sorry to butt in, but I am not familiar with all of the procedures here. But:
    I have read " justhadit" 's posts and I have a similar story. I was on 210 Mg/day special compound OxyCodon ( Vicodin ) for many years. Went clean 17 days ago. I am still quite weak. I have chronic bronchial congestion from post nasal drip, and cannot smell things properly. I either get a soapy smell or things just don't smell right. I fear that I have permanently damaged my health by getting off this dope in a three week taper rather than taking a few months.
    Can you tell me if you had any of these symptoms? If so, how long did it take for them to go away?
    A friend told me yesterday that he thought these symptoms might be with me the rest of my life! I do not think I can accept that.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Straggler. Don't take advice from a "friend" on your prognosis He's not a Dr. just like most on this board are not. However we will give you a bit more sound advice. Your symptoms sound like you may have a sinus infection or some sinus problems. You will not be stuck with post nasal drip the rest of your life. lol. Without knowing your full history of usage and how you tapered. Only little can be said, but I can assure you even those things will pass. You are only on day 17, give it time. You didn't get to 210mg/day habit immediately. Well your body isn't going to repair itself immediately. Im 7 months clean, and still have sinus problems. I don't equate it with detoxing from opiates though. Good luck, and keep fighting. Don't let some friend's advice let you down. You know what we all do when we get down
    winged eagle likes this.

"If not now, when?"

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Straggler, for me the smell was like "metal", I could not get rid of it. It make me sick to my stomach every day for about 20 days and then it was gone. I also developed a sinus infection, seems to be a common trait when quiting. Everything did clear up, but it took time. I was on 40-660 mg of hydrocodone for about a yera and a half after being run over by a car while on duty. It will pass my friend, just hang in there.
    Comeback Kid likes this.