Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
3 weeks off methadone, still sick!
  1. #1
    livinclean is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default 3 weeks off methadone, still sick!

    hello everyone, ive got off meth (walked off at15 mg.) recently and started taking suboxone. im currently at 2mg. but ever since i got myself down to 15mg meth ive been having cold symptoms, daily headaches, feeling lethargic, ect. thought this would go away once i got on suboxone, has anybody experienced anything like this before? is it supposed to be this way? thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livinclean View Post
    hello everyone, ive got off meth (walked off at15 mg.) recently and started taking suboxone. im currently at 2mg. but ever since i got myself down to 15mg meth ive been having cold symptoms, daily headaches, feeling lethargic, ect. thought this would go away once i got on suboxone, has anybody experienced anything like this before? is it supposed to be this way? thanks in advance!
    livinclean ..... Welcome to the forum at this time! Just a couple of questions or so for you please. How long how you been on the Suboxone and at what mg did you induct on? Also where you in moderate to severe withdrawals before you inducted with the Subs and were you also using the COWS (clinical opiate withdrawal sheet) sheet to score yourself at the time of your induction?

    These are all very important questions that we will need answers to before any suggestions can be correctly advised for you. Before you were first taking the Subs you needed to be in moderate to severe withdrawals or you may have be put into precipated withdrawals. Withdrawals would begin rapidly and would be extremely intense!

    Please post back with a little more info as there are several people here that can be of great help to you. I wish you the very best and look forward to your post. God Bless.....Denny

  3. #3
    sookie3 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livinclean View Post
    hello everyone, ive got off meth (walked off at15 mg.) recently and started taking suboxone. im currently at 2mg. but ever since i got myself down to 15mg meth ive been having cold symptoms, daily headaches, feeling lethargic, ect. thought this would go away once i got on suboxone, has anybody experienced anything like this before? is it supposed to be this way? thanks in advance!
    Hi livinclean I have just done the same thing but it was 11weeks ago I transferred over from the 25yrs of methadone to Suboxone initially 8mg.
    It took me about 3 weeks to settle on the stuff but I was constantly getting headaches and some lethargy..I could not cope with the headaches any longer so I got put on Subutex and the headaches stopped.
    I am now down to just over 1mg and feeling a bit edgy this morning as I have just dropped my dose again..
    I'm heading out to work right now but I will be back to check in this afternoon and I can fill you in some more if you have some more questions.
    You should be starting to feel better pretty soon as it's been 3 weeks for you but the head ache thing could be the Suboxone for some reason it can do that to alot of people, I just don't know ehy it has that side effect!
    Catch you later on...Sookie

  4. #4
    livinclean is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    livinclean ..... Welcome to the forum at this time! Just a couple of questions or so for you please. How long how you been on the Suboxone and at what mg did you induct on? Also where you in moderate to severe withdrawals before you inducted with the Subs and were you also using the COWS (clinical opiate withdrawal sheet) sheet to score yourself at the time of your induction?

    These are all very important questions that we will need answers to before any suggestions can be correctly advised for you. Before you were first taking the Subs you needed to be in moderate to severe withdrawals or you may have be put into precipated withdrawals. Withdrawals would begin rapidly and would be extremely intense!

    Please post back with a little more info as there are several people here that can be of great help to you. I wish you the very best and look forward to your post. God Bless.....Denny
    ive been on subs for 3 weeks, before the subs i was on 70-80 mg of meth for 9 yrs. i waited about 50 hrs.before my induction, and i cant remember the exact score on the cows sheet but it was pretty high (robert inducted me) i got inducted at 5 mg. but i had the headaches, cold symptoms ect. ever since i reached the 15mg. of meth (way before subs). im thinking maybe im feeling all the stuff that was just masked by meth, but i dont know what to do because my work is very physical and i dont have the time to be sick or lethargic on a jobsite. i hope somebody here can help me or maybe someones been through the same thing, and has some advice. thanks

  5. #5
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    is there any way to get your doctor to switch you to subutex. it hasnt got the naloxone in it and some people react badly to that (bout 15% apparently)

    hang in there mate. keep tapering, its soo worth it. im another long term methadone user, i used subs like sookie, and i have been clean now for over a year, and its awesome... keep it up...

    kiwi
    sookie3 likes this.

  6. #6
    livinclean is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    is there any way to get your doctor to switch you to subutex. it hasnt got the naloxone in it and some people react badly to that (bout 15% apparently)

    hang in there mate. keep tapering, its soo worth it. im another long term methadone user, i used subs like sookie, and i have been clean now for over a year, and its awesome... keep it up...

    kiwi
    thanks cheeky! i asked my doc to switch me, but he refused so ill just have to ride it out! is it possible im just feeling everything i shouldve been feeling but wasnt able to, because the meth was masking everything?

  7. #7
    sookie3 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livinclean View Post
    thanks cheeky! i asked my doc to switch me, but he refused so ill just have to ride it out! is it possible im just feeling everything i shouldve been feeling but wasnt able to, because the meth was masking everything?
    What was the docs reason for not letting you switch over to the subutex??
    They swear black and blue to me that it's not the Suboxone creating the headaches the chemist told me yesterday that is just the change over from the methadone to the suboxone and your brain getting used to it so I hope you start to feel better soon.

  8. #8
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    i hope you feel better too. yeh they wont give you subutex if you have a needle history. thats why they use suboxone. been there done that.

    hang in there tho, yeh methadone detox is covered by the subs, but you should be gettin thru the most of that with the subs now. mind you coming off cold turkey you are in for 8 weeks of hell, so you gota think, this is the less of two evils.

    you should be stabilizing by now tho. hang in there mate. it does get better
    sookie3 likes this.

  9. #9
    livinclean is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    i hope you feel better too. yeh they wont give you subutex if you have a needle history. thats why they use suboxone. been there done that.

    hang in there tho, yeh methadone detox is covered by the subs, but you should be gettin thru the most of that with the subs now. mind you coming off cold turkey you are in for 8 weeks of hell, so you gota think, this is the less of two evils.

    you should be stabilizing by now tho. hang in there mate. it does get better
    i understand what you guys are saying, but im really conflicted right now cuz i went to the drs. office (primary) and they checked me out and couldnt find out anything significant that would have me feeling this way ( i swear sometimes i wonder why they hold the title dr.) can u guys help me find out if these extreme cold symtoms is just the long dragged out proccess of meth withdrawal ( because of everything that was masked over the years)? or maybe guide me toward something or someone who knows, because just when i think im getting better, the next day comes and... boom im very ill again. ive gotten myself checked out for all STD'S and thank god im negative. i know i cant get a definitive answer but so far you guys help me out much more than those damn drs. *by the way im a 31 yr old male and other than my addictions in the past, i have no medical history. PLEASE HELP, im very much intouch with my recovery but sometimes this cold/flu (not opiate sickness) makes me wanna just give up, and ive come to far to give up. THANKS TO ALL FOR GIVING ME THE HOPE YOUVE PROVIDED THUS FAR!

  10. #10
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    i can tell you when i switched over to subs, i got real sick. but that was precipitated withdrawls coz i didnt wait enough. but after a couple of days i felt great.
    i dont know what is causing this mate. wish i could help you...

    what dose are you on.?

  11. #11
    livinclean is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    i can tell you when i switched over to subs, i got real sick. but that was precipitated withdrawls coz i didnt wait enough. but after a couple of days i felt great.
    i dont know what is causing this mate. wish i could help you...

    what dose are you on.?
    hi cheeky, tomorrow i start my first 1mg. dose. should i expect it to get harder as i get closer to 0? because going from 2mg to 1.5mg was uncomfortable.

  12. #12
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    just make sure that you dont drop more than 25% at a time. and make sure you feel stable before you do the next drop. thats important....

    keeping stable is the key...
    sookie3 likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22