Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CRYintheNIGHT
  • 1 Post By Crystalclear651
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
1mortim's sub thread--need sub help please
  1. #1
    1mortim is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default 1mortim's sub thread--need sub help please

    Hi, I have been trying to reach Robert but understand he is banned for 1 week. I did this before a few years ago with Robert's help. I came in from a Sub clinic on really high doses of Subs and then continued to mess up because I misunderstood Robert's instructions. He helped straighten it out and I finally tapered off of them. I didn't leave well enough alone and when I had surgery last year quickly progressed from Percocet to >>>>>>. I have no narcotics now, I have suboxone, and I have Robert's induction plan and the COWS worksheet. I am in withdraw but not near the 26 required to induct. I am looking for someone to moniter what I do because left to my own devices I have proven not to do too well. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you and good luck to all of you. It is a fight that is worth winning.

  2. #2
    caughtagain is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Below is a link to your instructions to follow. They work like clock work if you follow them to the letter... The first key to this whole deal is hitting the number 26. Keep posting and keep asking. We all do our best to help, but understand all your answers can be found in this link:
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    All my best, Reid

  3. #3
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mortim View Post
    ...because left to my own devices I have proven not to do too well.
    hi 1mortim..
    maybe? without knowing, or realizing it, you have posted your own secret weapon (below) for not giving in to your own devices..

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mortim View Post
    It is a fight that is worth winning.
    plus, with reid's advice..
    and the many others that will come along to support you.. you can do this!

    alll my best! and prayers!, too!
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

  4. #4
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    cmon mate. you need to get it together, this 'left to my own devices' is a cop out... in my opinion you have done this before and you know what to do.... time to step up and take responsibility for yourself matey....

  5. #5
    1mortim is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default not cool

    I hesitated to post back because I am in a bad mood and dont feel good but after thinking it over I decided to. Cheeky- I did not come on here to get a mini lecture from you-- whoever you are. I am not saying anything for a cop out and you really don't know how responsible I have or haven't been. People come on here ,especially in the beginning, for support, not to be chastised by someone they don't even know. Please don't post to me again- I don't care how much knowledge or experience you have- your a smart ass. Thank you Reid and Mom for your posts.

  6. #6
    murphy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    31

    Default

    1mortim - You have a damn cheek criticising Cheeky, especially after only 5 posts. You may have been here before but the fact you are back again seeking help speaks volumes.

    Cheeky shoots from the hip and calls things as she sees them. She has been thru a sub taper herself so is very knowledgabe. What she says is 100% true – you need to man up and take some personal responsibility here, not push away the person who is trying to help you.

  7. #7
    CRYintheNIGHT Guest

    Default

    Hi mortim,

    Sorry you've found yourself in trouble again. Most people have been in trouble with drugs for years and have tried for years to get clean. I feel sometimes people that have been clean forget sometimes, not all, but some. So when they come across a post such as yours the first thing that comes out of there mouth is,"get it together, you've been here a 1,000 times, you know the drill

    " NA states "its not about how many times one gets it wrong, but the strength to come back and ask for the help they need is the key to success" It's hard to lift your embarrassed head up AGAIN and ask yet AGAIN for help.

    BUT Keep asking, it's your LIFE!
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

  8. #8
    Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Cheeky gives some tough love, it doesn't always sit well with others but that girl has been thru EVERYTHING n knows her stuff. She's checked me a few times which made me get real with myself. I have her (and others) to Thank for getting myself back on track. She sure doesn't sugar coat stuff n that may not come across well to u being vulnerable but plz don't get "put off" by her straight shooting...she doesn't beat around the bush lol. But don't give up n hang in there. Just giving u some advice from Someone who takes her advice to heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    1mortim - You have a damn cheek criticising Cheeky, especially after only 5 posts. You may have been here before but the fact you are back again seeking help speaks volumes.

    Cheeky shoots from the hip and calls things as she sees them. She has been thru a sub taper herself so is very knowledgabe. What she says is 100% true – you need to man up and take some personal responsibility here, not push away the person who is trying to help you.
    Strong Desire likes this.

  9. #9
    1mortim is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Think before you speak

    I would really like you to explain to me and anyone else reading this what volumes are spoken by the fact that I am back again. I am very interested in what you think that is? I also would like to know what personal responsibility it is that I am not taking? I believe I said I have no narcotics, Robert's induction and taper plan and the Suboxone. I had wanted a little support so that I didn't induct too early. Please answer when you have time.

  10. #10
    1mortim is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Murphy

    My last post was to Murphy. I am sorry, I am really not sure how these postings really work yet.

  11. #11
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mortim View Post
    I hesitated to post back because I am in a bad mood and dont feel good but after thinking it over I decided to. Cheeky- I did not come on here to get a mini lecture from you-- whoever you are. I am not saying anything for a cop out and you really don't know how responsible I have or haven't been. People come on here ,especially in the beginning, for support, not to be chastised by someone they don't even know. Please don't post to me again- I don't care how much knowledge or experience you have- your a smart ass. Thank you Reid and Mom for your posts.
    well dont blame me for your bad mood mate. this is what you said. "I am looking for someone to moniter what I do because left to my own devices I have proven not to do too well. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    that is the point i was focusing on... you have the taper link, you have done it before, yet you want someone to direct you again. sooooo you know the drill, read the taper plan.

    YOU have to take responsibility for your own recovery. not me... truth hurts mate. and i certainly havent forgotten how hard it is to get clean. but i remember its up to ME, no one else... to follow the plan. just like you have to.

    call me a smart ass all you like, but with robert away, and basically run off his feet with sub requests, its time people realized its all there in black and white on the taper plan. you have that. you have the cows sheet. carry on posting. there will be people who will hold your hand. yup. but then what ya gonna do. see my point. time to get it together for you.... YOU .....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-24-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    caughtagain likes this.

  12. #12
    1mortim is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Cheeky

    You should really listen to what people say instead of responding with tired cliches that have little to do with what was being said. To begin with I in no way blamed you for my bad mood, I was in it before I had even heard of you. I should have been more specific when I asked for someone to point me in the right direction. If you read my post I said I was waiting to make it to 26 on the COWS worksheet. I knew what to do, I just wanted to talk with someone ..hoping that a few encouraging words could keep me from inducting to early. I was doing the induction alone and the last time i took it to early. I did not want to repeat the same mistake.Not that it would be anyones fault but mine. I know that I need to follow the plan and I know that I am responsible for my own recovery..I would like to know when it was that I even remotly asked someone to be responsible for me or when I balked at following Robert's plan to the letter.If everyone thought as you, why even bother with a forum at all? Just post Robert's induction and taper plan and say Good Luck. Is that what you wanted when you first came here? I don't think most people come on here to have someone hold their hand and I know that I did not, but because of the bond that is so easily formed when people are going through the same experience. It makes a big difference that these people that you never met are pulling for you to make it, sometimes that is all they have. It makes me sad that this forum has become like this. I was on here for a couple of years, I stayed about a year and a half to help people after I got clean. I was close to Robert and Melinda and I have tremendous respect for them both. I know how hard they work and I dont think Robert would have jumped in my **** if I asked him to moniter my induction. You seem to take pride in the fact that you don't sugar coat anything and you say it like it is. Robert doesn't sugar coat either but the difference between you two is he knows when to use it, as sometimes it is necessary. It was with me on a couple of occasions. He also knows when it is time not to use that approach but to be caring and supportive-not hand holding.

  13. #13
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    sooo the right direction, is to get to 26, an honest 26, and then start with small amounts of sub...

    what is your score now.?

  14. #14
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Below is a link to your instructions to follow. They work like clock work if you follow them to the letter... The first key to this whole deal is hitting the number 26. Keep posting and keep asking. We all do our best to help, but understand all your answers can be found in this link:
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    All my best, Reid
    have you read the link properly, and do you know what your first dose is when you get to a 26...?

  15. #15
    1mortim is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I think you should be more compassionate ,especially if you're the first thing anyone is going to meet when they come to this site. I have finished my induction and I have Robert's taper plan right here in black and white, so that is all I'll be needing. Thank you to those who were kind and encouraging. It meant alot.
    By the way Cheeky, you're truth doesn't hurt at all because what you said was not true to begin with. Listen

  16. #16
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    blah blah blah, frankly i dont give a rats ass what you think. so what are ya raving on about then. get over it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22