18 days, no vicodin!
    pony1970 is offline New Member

Default 18 days, no vicodin!

finally.... i made it past the hump of an ugly detox. now i don't have any physical withdrawal symtops- thank god! i am just super out of it i am so disconnected that at times i have to look down to see if i actually remembered to put my clothes on! i still have anxiety but not even close to how i felt last week. i talk myself out of it right when my head starts racing. sleeping is ok. i am up to 6 solid hours a night as of the last two nights. not perfect but much better. i still have NO desire to take a vicodin! the only desire i have is for time to pass because i will be that much closer to feeling 100%.

good luck to everybody out there

Dave87666 is offline Member

Thats great to hear!Esp. the fact that you are not having cravings...I'd make sure to do a follow up visit to you Dr. and tell him/her that you just detoxed off of vicodin,tell the Dr. about the problems you're having(which is due to PAWS post acute withdraw) and see if you can get something to help with these problems..Anyway congrats on the sucessful detox,and keep up the good work!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

nnies0-not g8ood 88 eThat's great news Pony1970, it sounds as though you've made it through the worst part.You will never forget that feeling you went through and I guess in a way that's a good thing.
    Now that you're feeling alot better you should think about getting out for a walk twice a day.Once in the morning and then again after supper.A high protien diet for the next few months will help with your energy.Sport drinks like gatorade help replace electrolytes which will also help energy.Stay away from the energy drinks like Red Bull ect as they make the heart race,it's like taking a bunch of bennies, not good for you at all.
    So stay active both physically and mentally and be careful of relapse.You will have feelings of "well I'm better now so I can take a couple vic's now and then and control it".The next thing you know you're eating 20 pills a day again and have to go through all the withdrawl again.
    Enough of that now, we should be celebrating your sobriety.Congradulations as it's not small feat what you have accomplished.So give yourself a big pat on the back because you earned it.Good luck and keep checking in as a support factor......Dave

Dave87666 is offline Member

MVPT is right as far as keeping active,eating a proper diet etc...Also if you dont already have a hobby that is another good idea to keep your mind occupied..Another thing that he hit the nail on the head about is the relapse part,it happens to many of us basiclly what you call "chipping" you convince yourself that you can do a few here and there and next thing you know its right back to addiction.Trust me I've relapsed plenty of times on >>>>>> telling myself the same thing "oh I can just chip,and wont be an addict again" then BAM I'd be right back where I was(I've relapsed ALOT).Relapse can be part of addiction,but doesnt have to be if you dont let it ya know? It took me 10 rehabs(5 completed,and 5 I signed out of) and then follow up with the proper drugs to keep myself clean.IF I had not done my follow up work after my last relapse I can bet you that I would still be on a ton of >>>>>> like I was.

Again congrats on your sobriety,and I wish you the best!

P.S.-Going to NA meetings is a very good idea as well for many reasons,so if you'd like to just look into meetings local to you.You can,and will meet a great network of people just as you will on this site.

submom is offline Member

Default wooo hooo!!!

Way to go Pony!!
    reading your post is an inspiration. I cannot wait till onday i am opiate free. (suboxone and all) Thanks for giving me hope.
    Cheers, heres to wishing you a short and minimal bout with PAWS.

keep up the awesome work, your doing great!

markos3169 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pony1970 View Post
    finally.... i made it past the hump of an ugly detox. now i don't have any physical withdrawal symtops- thank god! i am just super out of it i am so disconnected that at times i have to look down to see if i actually remembered to put my clothes on! i still have anxiety but not even close to how i felt last week. i talk myself out of it right when my head starts racing. sleeping is ok. i am up to 6 solid hours a night as of the last two nights. not perfect but much better. i still have NO desire to take a vicodin! the only desire i have is for time to pass because i will be that much closer to feeling 100%.

good luck to everybody out there
    jkljjkl;lkk;oioi;hubkkjhbkh

caroline27 is offline New Member

Wink You should be SO PROUD!!!

I don't know you but I am very proud of your success in beating your addiction to Vicodin. That takes tons of courage, self esteem, and most importantly STRENGTH you have never probably knew you had. High Five!!!

I have been taking Vicodin ES on and off for about three years now, and the first year of that time I was taking ultram. Was first diagnosed with severe endometriosis, and now since June have been in non-stop pain all over due to a not yet named Auto Immune Disorder, doc suspects Fibromyalgia or Lupus. Who Knows? I was so severely addicted to ultram two years ago but Vics I could take 'em or leave 'em. I recall a couple of times running out of ultram and was just in a horrible condition, and this stuff isn't even officially considered a narcotic yet! I had hot/cold sweats, moodiness, depression the whole nine yards-even these things I called "glimpses"-It sounded like thunder when I would blink my eyes when waking up in the morning, I would kick my legs throughout the night. It was bad! However the V-ES was what really assisted me in getting off the ultram believe it or not! If I had not taken vics I would probably be taking 20 ultrams a day if not more because when I got off them I was allready pushing 6-8 throughout the day, I was basically taking double my dose, not too bad but abusing regardless. I am just glad that nightmare is over.

I feel very fortunate to still be able to take V-ES for weeks at a time and all of a sudden stop for a week or longer and not have any issues or withdrawals from them. When I have a lot of em' like 90 or so with several refills, I take like 6-8 a day due to of course increasing tolerance, and not to mention bouts of days where my pain is out of control. My script actually reads "take 1-2 pills every six hours as needed for pain" Not to exceed 8 a day. They do make me feel good and "euphoric", and motivated, mostly I think its because it does help my pain immensely. I can see why anybody would have adiction to V-ES, thats how ultram made me feel. When I see the reumatologist I want to get on a non-habit forming pain management plan, like they have a pain patch that is non-habit forming-licoderm??? or something. My mommy passed away in 2004 from methadone toxicity after only taking it for pain management for two weeks. Its just getting to dangerous people and narcotics don't mix well sometimes.

Anyway, sorry for babbling! Just tellin' ya my story! You are doing great, follow your heart always!!!

chijessi is offline New Member

18 days. oh my lord congrats. I wish i were in your shoes. I'm so scared. I'm on day seven of just WEANING OFF of oxycontin and I don't think I'm oing to make it...I thought I was through the worst...

submom is offline Member

Caroline
    No disrespect, however, I think you are playing with fire.
    Please be careful.

cagirl is offline Member

Default I Want to Quit!!!!

Hi everyone...I have been reading everyones posts on here and its nice to know Im not alone here...I have been taking vicodine and loratab for about 10 years.. At the most I take 5 a day I take them in half so I have enough for all day..I am tired of TAKING THEM to say the least and I am ready to quit...I see some people wean themselves off and others cold turkey...Well I think I would have to quit cold turkey I cant imagine taking just a half or one a day I would just want more..I would like to talk to others going through the same problem...12 yrs ago I quit smoking cold turkey went through withdrawls and all ,Guess if I can do that... I hope I will be able to kick this habit...I am finallly ready...Help anyone.....

jeannine06 is offline New Member

Talking

Great job..