Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ARTIST658
13 days clean and noooo energy..when will this go away
    stacirenee41 is offline New Member

Unhappy 13 days clean and noooo energy..when will this go away

i know that everyone is different and i have read on here peoples experiences but honestly i don't even want to lift a finger to itch my nose.. ive taken just today 5 hour energy, coffee, ephederine and etc.. i have no clue what to do to get energy.. who has any suggestions on what to do to get a jolt or even just a little bit of energy.. ive heard people say exercise but i can't get myself up to even try that! what can i do to make me feel normal again.. i have b12 vitamins and tylenol but nothing is working..

tomslf is offline Junior Member

13 days man oh man im sorry to here that im only at 5 days and couldnt handle it keep it up will power. i found that walking or doing push ups against a way would help for a small period of time, gotta get the brain to release endorphins i believe good luck

tomslf is offline Junior Member

opps sorry push ups against a wall would help

Sundwn is offline Member

41, what was your DOC ? And daily dosage? Milligrams a day and how long you were using? If your DOC was in the oxychodone family. I may be able to help shed some light on your wd,s. everyone is different. But I would need to know the answers to he above questions to be able to help. OK ?

i mostly stuck to just norco or lortabs.. and roxys .. nothing stronger...i would do about a roxy 30 a day and/or 8 vicodin norco 10s a day max. doesn't really seem extreme to be having what to me seems like withdrawls now.. since my day one off vicodin i have been taking suboxone and quit that 3 days ago and the the "withdrawals" started just now.. before then i didn't feel anything..no tiredness no pain nothing... so im guessing being off the subs have made me finally start detoxing..but i only did a 8th of a sub strip at a time and only a quarter a day for 10 days.. thats it..i figured if i did that i could just bypass the detoxing off of vicodin...

now im not sure what im doing..if im detoxing or if its just mental or what

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by stacirenee41 View Post
    i mostly stuck to just norco or lortabs.. and roxys .. nothing stronger...i would do about a roxy 30 a day and/or 8 vicodin norco 10s a day max. doesn't really seem extreme to be having what to me seems like withdrawls now.. since my day one off vicodin i have been taking suboxone and quit that 3 days ago and the the "withdrawals" started just now.. before then i didn't feel anything..no tiredness no pain nothing... so im guessing being off the subs have made me finally start detoxing..but i only did a 8th of a sub strip at a time and only a quarter a day for 10 days.. thats it..i figured if i did that i could just bypass the detoxing off of vicodin...

41, my opinion. You do not need suboxone. Robert 325 ( and I quote directed to someone with a 100 mill habit ) using suboxone for this is like ...." using a shotgun to kill a fly". You will have a whole different and much worse problem if you get addicted to subs. Looks to me that you have or had a 110 mill daily opiate habit. Two weeks is a pretty long time to be as lathargic as you have posted. But.....everyone is different. I truly believe you will start to see a good deal of improvement in the next few days. The hydro has a shorter wd period than the roxys. So this may be why it is lingering. Please stay away from the subs though. Especially now......you are pretty much through this thing.. Others will come on here to help you also. Maybe later today with folks working etc. ......hang in there

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Sorry you are having no energy.. The thing is, once you go down the SUB route what happens is it starts to build up in your system and the WD starts later and lasts longer.. Assuming you are using 1/8th of a 8 mg strip, that is still 1mg. I do agree that you probably should have just toughed it out with just coming off of the pills (NORCO etc).. That would have given you a 5 day flu... But then you added the SUBS to the equation, which in turn lengthened your WD.. To answer your question, yes... Energy will come back, but it takes time. Think of it this way, you have been taking pills for so long, you cannot expect to be all better in a few weeks. This addiction thing is a process, not an event... There is no magic formula that Says... One week.... your fine. So just hang in there and as long as you keep making the next right decision you will be better sooner, than later... I also WOULD encourage you to try each day to get in some cardio or a work out.. Even if it is just a short walk. You need to get your body producing natural endorphins again... That will Help... Sorry Robert has not been on... He has been super busy lately and unable to get on here. All my best, Reid

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Sorry you are having no energy.. The thing is, once you go down the SUB route what happens is it starts to build up in your system and the WD starts later and lasts longer.. Assuming you are using 1/8th of a 8 mg strip, that is still 1mg. I do agree that you probably should have just toughed it out with just coming off of the pills (NORCO etc).. That would have given you a 5 day flu... But then you added the SUBS to the equation, which in turn lengthened your WD.. To answer your question, yes... Energy will come back, but it takes time. Think of it this way, you have been taking pills for so long, you cannot expect to be all better in a few weeks. This addiction thing is a process, not an event... There is no magic formula that Says... One week.... your fine. So just hang in there and as long as you keep making the next right decision you will be better sooner, than later... I also WOULD encourage you to try each day to get in some cardio or a work out.. Even if it is just a short walk. You need to get your body producing natural endorphins again... That will Help... Sorry Robert has not been on... He has been super busy lately and unable to get on here. All my best, Reid
    41, read again what Reid has posted. Sounds like this is where you are. Lots of people here that are very knowledgeable. Thing about this site is that if I or someone else cannot answer or not sure how to. Their are folks like Ried here who can. .......keep posting 41. You can surely do this .....

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stacirenee41 View Post

Reid is correct - this is probably the prolonged detox due to the subs. There really is no way to get off the opiates without feeling some of the withdrawal, sooner or later.

What I wanted to add is that the mental aspect of addiction is certainly going to play a part right now. There is often depression and/or anxiety that occurs after we stop the pills. We're basically "mourning" the loss of our best friend. The inclination is to seek out help from another pill, even if it is just tylenol or B12. We're used to putting a pill in our mouth for just about any uncomfortable feeling.

But recovery is not about the quick fix of a pill. It's about learning how to navigate the tough times and the difficult emotions without a drug. This takes time to learn. But the best possible step you can take toward progress with this would be by attending some NA or AA meetings. That's where we learn the coping tools we need, as well as being supported by others who have walked in our shoes. Some days, the best I could do was to drag my sorry self to a meeting - then go home to bed. But I was fueling my recovery with daily meetings, and that's what was key. I was told to "plan my day around a meeting" and that's just what I did. In time, I was able to do more.

In the meantime, rather than popping vitamins, try eating well and going for a walk at least once a day - if only briefly. The fresh air, exercise and healthy eating WILL help.

God bless,
    Ruth
    caughtagain likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

41.... Just popping in to see how you are doing? Give us an update.

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    41.... Just popping in to see how you are doing? Give us an update.
    Hey! I actually have been stuck in bed for three days due to kidney stones and uti (tmi) and haven't had to take any subs or anything the doctor did try to give and prescribe me vicodin but I strongly declined.. Now with this pain I wish I would have.. I feel that after this is through I will be just fine.. Since I was only taking about a 16th to an 8th a day for a short period I should be able to do this

raymie919 is offline New Member

I EXPERIENCED THE SAME THING. For about 2 weeks I was so weak that I couldn't work. I am a workaholic and I used to run 10 miles a week. So having energy was not a problem. I thought I had Diabetes. Anyways I changed my eating habits. Basically I ate like I was Diabetic. Before that I was popping 20 mg. oxys and drinking 3 beers every day after work. Then I would eat something. That's when it occurred to me that my diet sucked. So if your looking for a quick fix, It ain't happening! It will take weeks to undo the damage. So be patient and start a good diet. Most of all no sugar. The Diabetics Diet is for everyone. Even if you use it as a guide to what foods are good for you. For example white bread. (no good) Soda (no good) If you eat three good meals a day. you will be back in 2 weeks. Good luck.
    I'm not a doctor. This is just what I have experienced.
    Last edited by raymie919; 04-09-2013 at 11:47 PM.