vibatrol
    asapien is offline New Member

Default vibatrol

This doc is spelling out a medication (vibatrol), but can't seem to find it anywhere? Hint: He doesn't always spell correctly! Can someone help me out?

Thanks a bunch, Angela

Rainloveslife is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by asapien

This doc is spelling out a medication (vibatrol), but can't seem to find it anywhere? Hint: He doesn't always spell correctly! Can someone help me out?

Thanks a bunch, Angela

anna2009a is offline New Member

Furosimideis a diuretic, used to get rid of excess water.

getting reid of "excess" water is a quick (but ineffective) way to lose weight.

The trouble is, when the "excess" water is gone the Furosimide continues to work, and then "normal" water is taken out. This destroys the body's electrolyte balance, leading to heart attacks and kidney failure.

Warning Number One: Heart attacks are often fatal, and ALWAYS expensive.
    Warning Number Two: Kidney failure is often not reversible. The "cure" for kidney failure is a lifetime of dialysis, a nasty, painful connection to a machine to replace the kidneys. Many patients on dialysis die in 5-7 years.

Furosimide, when taken UNDER DOCTORS ORDERS is completely safe and effective. Furosimide, when "self medicated" is DEADLY.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Natural Medicine for Acne
    boarding schools

Anonymous Guest

duh...2004

midwestma is offline New Member

Hi,
    How long have you been a transcriptionist?
    I will share with you how I handled Doctors who by the way are horrible spellers.

If I exhausted all avenues on checking for the word they were using and couldn't find it anyplace, I no longer took the back seat and let them intimidate me. I paged them and asked them just what it was they were trying to convey and what exactly the word was they wanted used.
    We were dealing with peoples lives here, one wrong letter in a word or medical term made a huge difference, not only for the patient but also for a potential diagnosis.
    Don't feel intimidated, just go for it!
    Oh, I know this can be easier said than done, but have faith in yourself and pride in your job. Just reading your post I can tell you care about your job or wouldn't have gone so far as to post this question. Now build up your self confidence and call this doctor on the carpet. Most doctors cannot spell to begin with, and when it comes to medical terminology they are even worse.
    I hope this gives you a little help.
    Have a great day , good luck, and God Bless