sounds like perketsol?
    isis22 is offline New Member

Default sounds like perketsol?

I am currently taking a medical transcription program. In a cardiology surgery report doctor dictated, "patient was given 1 gram of Ancef, perkepsol?? IV preoperatively." I have searched every drug site, I even used the phonetic and wild card search on drugs.com. I don't know if it's a drug or some kind of cardiology slang? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

crystalwoo is offline New Member

Default Same Problem

Did you figure it out? I have been searching the same thing forever now. I am tempted to just hand in my assignment but I don't want to give up. Someone else wrote it was "the patient was given a gram of Ancef with Kefzol" but it sounds different to me. If anyone could please help I would appreciate it

barbles2413 is offline New Member

Wink could this be 1 gram ancef, prophalaxsis prior to surgery

Quote Originally Posted by isis22 View Post
    I am currently taking a medical transcription program. In a cardiology surgery report doctor dictated, "patient was given 1 gram of Ancef, perkepsol?? IV preoperatively." I have searched every drug site, I even used the phonetic and wild card search on drugs.com. I don't know if it's a drug or some kind of cardiology slang? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!
    Could this be 1 gram ancef prophilaxis prior to surgery? Which mean yjey are administering an anti-biotic to as a precaution for infection. Very common i the O.R. Hope this helps