Need help with drug name
    coo
    coo is offline New Member

Default Need help with drug name

The patient suffers from metastatic rectal cancer, DVT and lung disease. Medications include Percocet, Coumadin, Decadron and what to me sounds so much like "cyanide" which just does not make sense. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

antony07 is offline Junior Member

Here is some information related to metastatic rectal cancer
    When rectal cancer cells break away from a tumor and spread to other parts of your body through the blood or lymph system, this is called metastatic rectal cancer. These cancer cells can settle in new places and form new tumors.

Even when cancer has spread to a new place in the body, it is still named after the part of the body where it started. For example, if rectal cancer spreads to the liver, it is called metastatic rectal cancer. When cancer comes back in a person who appeared to be free of the disease after treatment, it is called a rectal cancer recurrence.

Treatment for metastatic rectal cancer will vary based on your individual situation. When a rectal cancer metastasis is confined to the liver, or another single organ, you may benefit from a local treatment targeting toward the site of metastasis. The liver is the most common site for metastatic rectal cancer.

You may receive treatment that is similar to your primary cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and/or radiation. Your physicians may also offer treatments to relieve pain and other symptoms you may be experiencing.So you must go for the dirrernt medications which can help to to cure this disease.Complementary and alternative medicine encompasses a broad range of healing philosophies, approaches and therapies. At Cancer Treatment Centers of America, complementary and alternative medicines complement conventional rectal cancer therapies such as surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.

Example of some of the Rectal cancer Complementary and Alternative 1.Therapies available at CTCA:::
    2.Naturopathic Medicine
    3.Nutritional Therapy
    4.Mind-Body Medicine
    5.Pain Management
    6.Physical Therapy
    7.Spiritual Support

I hope that this informatio will be beneficial for you.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Perhaps it was Cyclandelate? It is a Vaso Dilator.

http://www.drugs.com/cons/Cyclandelate.html

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

coo

Maybe it's Sine-Aid IB, for pain??? It sounds the closest. Thanks zippygoddess and antony07 for the info.

coo

Turns out that the drug name was Senna...