Med name
    Bellelady is offline New Member

Default Med name

Please, what is this name Acltrella. This is what the Doc spelled.

Thanks

MarthaRuthyLu is offline New Member

In searching various spellings that might sound like the word you're looking for, I couldn't find much. It would be helpful to know in what context the word was used. For example, what is the person suffering from? That would narrow it down somewhat. Also, in my experience, words that sound like
    quote:a-c-l
    are most likely spelled
    quote:a-c-e-l
    or
    quote:a-psy-l
    , and so forth.

Have you already found the correct spelling and word you need? If so let me know. If not I will keep looking around.

<div align="left"><h2>Martha L. HaganHoffmaster</h2></div >>="left">

robo is offline Moderator

Could the drug possibly be Activella?
    Generic name: estradiol 1 mg with norethindrone 0.5 mg
    Manufacturer: Pharmacia & Upjohn

Estradiol is a form of estrogen. Norethindrone is a form of progesterone.
    Together, estradiol and norethindrone are used to treat the symptoms of menopause such as feelings of warmth in the face, neck and chest, or sudden intense spells of heat and sweating ("hot flashes" or "hot flushes"); to treat vulvar and vaginal changes (itching, burning, dryness in or around the vagina, difficulty or burning with urination) caused by menopause; and to replace estrogen in conditions such as hypogonadism, removal of the ovaries, or primary ovarian failure that result in a lack of estrogen. Estradiol and norethindrone is also used to prevent thinning of the bones (osteoporosis).

You will find more information at
    http://activella.drugs.com

Detailed information is available at:
    http://www.drugs.com/cdi/activella.html

Bellelady is offline New Member

Hey Martha abd Robo,

Thanks for the ideas and response. I apologize for the delay in the response. The spelling is what the nurse actually spelled it and she insists that is what written and told me to write it that way so I did. However, robo I think you were correct so I made a copy of the document with your spelling and sent it to the doctor with a note. (TO Cover my butt ha). Martha, that was a great explanation and I appreciate your help. Your suggestions will be kept in mind.

Thanks again
    Bellelady