Free line count software
    adamadam is offline New Member

Default Free line count software

Hi,

does someone know of any free line count software so that I can count the number of lines in my transcripted document. I do not belive my client is doing it correctly as there has been a significant drop in my revenues.

Adam

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Sorry, I don't know of any, but I do know that various word processing applications have that feature, you just have to look for it in the features or usage menu and turn it on.

I do a newsletter for a site I work for, and there is no maximum line or word count, but there is a minimum so I have turned on that feature in Microsoft word to make sure I stay where I am supposed to be before sending the newsletter to our compiling person.

So you might be able to use that, if you have it in your PC, or download a free one that has that type of feature, then copy and past your stuff into there, run the count check and keep track that way to make sure your money matches your work.

One of my husband's professors was very picky about how many words and lines per page, had to be in his reports and research projects, so even when it was something he had to submit over the school website, by typing it in there, we would copy and past it into word, so we could adjust according to fit her parameters.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

mikibisht is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Hi,

does someone know of any free line count software so that I can count the number of lines in my transcripted document. I do not belive my client is doing it correctly as there has been a significant drop in my revenues.

Adam

Yes, you can use MP Count by Emmaus...it is free but it is not accurate...i have been using it for the last 5 years for transcription purposes. It might differ a little bit but affordable from my point of view...it can differ around 200 lines in 10,000 lines...if you want, go for it or i can send it to you...

With Warmest Regards,

Mukesh Bisht
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-10-2011 at 03:33 AM.

mikibisht is offline New Member

Default Free Line Count Software

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi use MP Count by Emmaus (Free line count software)

You can get it from me.

Regards.

Mukesh Bisht
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-10-2011 at 03:32 AM.