Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    Sue2013 is offline New Member

Default Xanax and Suboxone?

I am taking 16mg of suboxone a day. I am also taking 2mg of xanax daily. Now, I hear that this combo is dangerous? Anyone know why? I have never had any adverse reactions so I am curious. Any info on this topic would be apprecaited!

<>< Peace Sue

jayjay is offline Member

Taking these two drugs together can cause additional drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion or respiratory-depressant effects in some people.

henshinag0go is offline New Member

I too was once on suboxone. Suboxone is an NU agonist opioid. Xanax is a depresent. The mixture of both of these drugs can evolve to extreem respritory depression, and causing your body to fade away in it's sleep. Be carefull when mixing the two and ask your doc for a recomended dose.

Frances Gail is offline New Member

I just started taking Suboxone for combination pain relief and to help get off of other pain meds. The biggest problem I'm having right now is it is very difficult to start urinating--not painful, I'm just not urinating nearly as much as I normally do. It isn't changed in color. I also am very constipated. Anybody else with similar problems.

Neuromind01 is offline New Member

Im currently taking suboxone at 16mg a day along with Klonopin 3mg a day plus adderall 40mg a day. I absolutely have no problems and love this combo. It keeps my cravings down, and i feel motivated to do things, but not panicy or anxious. Some say not to take benzos with suboxone, but i personally dont find a problem as long as you dont take to much. I take 1mg of klonopin every 6-8 hrs. Never any more at once. The adderall does help with motivation and concentration and a bit mood lift. Buprenorphine alone can be an antidepressant. Although im slowely switching to alternative methods, eliminating one drug at a time. I was taking 5 meds, now down to 3. Hopefully if and when i stop suboxone, i dont have bad cravings.
    nm

GM

kcollin4 is offline New Member

once a drug addict ALWAYS a drug addict!

mstraple is offline New Member

True!!!

Helping_Person is offline New Member

Addiction is a desease and suboxone has helped me and many other people to stop perpetuating the illegal drug trade.
    fish187 and robinginnette like this.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Frances I'm on methadone and I too have a hard time getting started urinating.I'm inclined to think that it is side effect from opiods????I don't know,I see my doctor on the 22nd and I'll ask him.I'll let you know what I find out.As far as constipation goes, I have found the more active I am the more regular I am. I know too many people on methadone that just take thier dose and then do nothing but watch Jerry Springer all day and eat.You have to keep active........Dave[8D]

X-JUNKIE is offline New Member

ONCE A DRUG ADDICT--ALWAYS A CHANCE TO CHANGE!!!!
    If you believe that you'll always be a junkie,YOU WILL BE!!!
    I've been clean for 8yrs.,and I've tryed everything at least once. So,if you truly believe,you'll always be an addict,you've never used a drug in your life. Or--YOU'd KNOW THE PAIN OF KICKIN' IT!!!!
    And,how proud to know you have one more day...
    ALIVE!!!
    robinginnette likes this.

stanley6415 is offline New Member

X- Junkie, Why would I or anybody else that takes pain med's for pain relief to try and have some sort of life be called a junkie? First of all, they would not invent these drugs unless there was a real need for them and secondly if you take them as prescribed and do not go doctor shopping you have nothing to worry about. I resent the fact that you generalized most folks into one group and basically called us junkie's because we want to have some type of way of life, now whether that involves opiods or other strong analgesics then so be it , but don't bunch people together just for the simple fact that you could not control yourself and are now a ex-junkie ! LATER !!!
    slumdog71 likes this.

yass is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by Neuromind01

Im currently taking suboxone at 16mg a day along with Klonopin 3mg a day plus adderall 40mg a day. I absolutely have no problems and love this combo. It keeps my cravings down, and i feel motivated to do things, but not panicy or anxious. Some say not to take benzos with suboxone, but i personally dont find a problem as long as you dont take to much. I take 1mg of klonopin every 6-8 hrs. Never any more at once. The adderall does help with motivation and concentration and a bit mood lift. Buprenorphine alone can be an antidepressant. Although im slowely switching to alternative methods, eliminating one drug at a time. I was taking 5 meds, now down to 3. Hopefully if and when i stop suboxone, i dont have bad cravings.
    nm

GM

oxypast is offline New Member

How much Suboxone were you taking? I am taking it now to get off of Oxycontin. I was taking about 200mg a day. I was using for about 1 year after I had a surgery. I know exactly what you are talking about when you say it is difficult to start urinating and trouble with contipation. However, all of those problems stopped when I stopped taking Oxy and switched to Suboxone. My doc had me on 8mg once a day for 4 days then 4mg once a day for 4 days. How long do you plan to be on Sub?

Mike

quote:Originally posted by Frances Gail

I just started taking Suboxone for combination pain relief and to help get off of other pain meds. The biggest problem I'm having right now is it is very difficult to start urinating--not painful, I'm just not urinating nearly as much as I normally do. It isn't changed in color. I also am very constipated. Anybody else with similar problems.

SotaWorks is offline New Member

I am prescribed Suboxone also....I was buying Oxys illegaly off the streets and was also taking them at 200mg a day, Since then I checked myself in and got on the program of taking the suboxone..I take 8mg of Suboxone everyday 4 times a day and decrease about 2 mg of it every two weeks that I see my doctor. I am prescribed Xanax also and Serequel. Now to answer two questions on the forum, I have not had any side effects taking my Xanax and Suboxe together at all and I am on a very high dose of Xanax I take 6 0.5 Xanax throught the day and feel fine without any side effects, so I feel you shouldnt be worried about mixing them. The other post im replying to is the one about the constipation and the urination problems...I have occured some constipation but nothing to extreme and urination hasnt been a problem...I believe it just varies in the type of people and how there body reacts...Im sure that your doctor will have a cure to take care of constipation or any other symptoms out there. I wish everyone else on here that I see is making a effort to get off of drugs the best of luck and dont listen to those idiots that say "Once a Junkie always a junkie". If you want to overcome something and believe that you trully can do it and believe in yourself, You will succeed with anything you put your heart into! Good luck Guys!

crony419 is offline Junior Member

First, BADDD idea to mix benzodiazepines with any narcotic. I accidentally overdosed 5 years ago when i was taking methadone for pain, and klonopin for anxiety. I was on a high dose of Klonopin and had taken them together for a while. I was having really bad anxiety and took more than normal, but not a dangerous amount of klonopin alone. My breathing rate dropped to two breaths per minute and I almost died. Even if taking them together works for you, I don't recommend it at all. And if you plan on drinking, forget about it, you'll be dead with that combo.
    slumdog71 likes this.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I agree with crony!!Benzo's and narcotics can be a dangerous mix.If you are prescribe benzo's make sure your dr. is aware your also taking narcotics and stick to his/hers instructions.By the way,a 48 year old woman was found dead on her toilet on Monday due to a methadone-benzo overdose,so be careful.....Dave

amg03 is offline New Member

Francis - When you say that you were having trouble starting to urinate - meaning what? I hate to be so personal but my sister started doing that a few days before she passed away and we are trying to figure out what was going on with her. She would literally sit on the toilet for 2 hours and couldn't go urinate - she did tell us that it didn't hurt or anything but it was something that she had never felt before. I don't know that she was on the same meds you are on, but I do know that she had scrips for Oxycontin and xanax.

zeukii is offline New Member

ALL narcotics are a respritory deppressant. Adding ANY benzo to the mix (because the high is SO good seems worth taking the risk). Just because some say they are able to do this doesn't mean everyone can. Benzo's build up in the fat cells of or bodies. So, you take what you consider a 'safe ' amount of your narcotic..from >>>>>> to suboxone and you take your 'usual' amount of your benzo but this time you lose and this time you have no idea that you don't even know or ever will wake up. I know from the painful and hard way. Everyone , I KNOW, has told you this. Hey...isn't your life worth SO MUCH MORE? Get a grip. You are in my prayers. Believe it or not ...prayer's do more for a child of the One how made you then ANYTHING else.

zeukii is offline New Member

[|)]kcollinn4..found your answers/questions to your generic oxycontin 80mg.s question yet? Do you take them for recreation..fun? Just asking.I think your answer will tell me a wee bit of you. I'm waiting. Oh, and by the by , there are addict's who try and do go on to productive live's. For the majority of those how espouse that getting 'straight' is 'IMPOSSIBLE' they are WRONG!Those who don't want to give up their addiction will claim that they are still and forever will be physically addicted. I've played all the games all the angles.Abstenence is a real thing..a way of life. Ten years ago I would have scoffed at such a notion. I grew up. Looked around. People I knew...wicked WAY stonies (ME..ME) and needle cushions(ME) began to change and I guess you'd call it cold turkey posistion, a kind of status ( ludicrous because after their initial programming they steered CLEAR of the drugs and clinics that would have kept them slaves to the little van on the corner of Essex and Gardner St.s for ther daily fix of methadone. Need I say more?
    What I'm trying to say is ALL dopers, NO matter how or how much they've been doing, they CAN GET FREE...free of that demon that only work's to eventually see us ALL dead. When I say I KNOW...Lord know's I KNOW!!! Drug's that keep us bound to them, held fast,constrained, compelled and in a weird sense that one can't control, we feel physycally 'obligated to.
    I know that this answer seems like fluff especially to such a heavy question/problem but someone had to answer it. I've known many good folks who've mixed it up and planned on a just doing the "RIGHT" thing...planning on a good time. They were found an toilet's at the s>>>>iest get to togethers and some nice skiing trip's that by ourselves we never could have arrainged ....I won't go on. There wern't all that many 'blow out weekends' but we had our own really fantastic folk's and and tried to stay on very, and I mean oh so VERY BEST BEHAVIOR " for our parents and siblibg's and Aunt's and Uncle's and Nana's and Grampa's. It didn't alway's work. It didn't alway's we work because we thought we knew more, we knew better. Some reunions ended in anger..some in the older set against their younger family members and finally those who were screaming back and forth so much that it took an hour or two before they finally realized one of my strapping, healthy, handsome, loving and pride of the CLAN'S litter had stopped breathing down by the boathouse.[?][?]

goinseagle is offline New Member

I so agree with zuekii I am sick and tired of people who saY "once a junlie always a junkie" Do they just get their kicks coming into forums and putting people down who are here legitimatly voicing their opinion or just asking for advice. GET A GRIP Leave people alone you are part of the problem not part of the solution!!!!!!!!

rdgjun2 is offline New Member

I am on Suboxone, and take 2mg of klonopin, my doctor says its no problem with me being on 2mgs of the klonopin. But I must warn you, if you take too many mg's of a benzo, it can be a deadly combo, for your breathing will get so shallow that it can be fatal.

bobl101 is offline Junior Member

hi everybody, I don't know if you remember me but I was on long ago. Serious pain pill addiction. All and any. I am so happy to say suboxone saved my life. I wanted to mnake sure it worked before I came back. It has been only 2 weeks and I am down to a chip of the pill a day. (just for security.) there are two left and I am done. This has been 10 yrs of torture and financial ruin and now I feel alive again. I get up happy every day. That was very unusual for me. I used to reach for my pills before I even got up. Whoever is having this problem SUBOXONE!!!! iT does work. No craving, no w//drawl nothing. Good luck everybody. I do think about popping a pill all day from habit, so I go in the cabinet and pop a B-12, then a multi vitamin. At night I take a half of a zanax to relax but I think it is in my head. It can be done. If I can do it, I promise, you all can. BUT, you have to be ready. I had to hit rock bottom before I realized the damage to my body and my life. Best of luck and keep me informed on all your progress. This site sav3ed me. Thank you all.

bobbie

lillier is offline New Member

I have combined every combination of drugs possible ... except >>>>>>, simply because I know I'd love it. The truth is, **** it all. Seriously, you have to love yourself. NO ONE is going to rescue you! If you want to recover, learn to love yourself and then seek the help you've always thought you needed. I have just discovered that I am the little girl who was given everything she wanted and nothing she needed. So what am I to do? ... give up and be despondent?... attack everyone I love for giving me everything I wanted? ... Or, sit here talking to ya'll and questioning my motives? NO, NO, NO! If I am aware of my inadequacies, I need to change them ... so should you right? Life ****ing sucks sometimes ... but at least I'm living. I love you all
    lillie

Heathesq is offline New Member

[:I]Hi: Just want to comment that in regard to constipation issues with buprenorphine, I have found after trying different products that glycerin suppositories liquid or solid work wonders on a daily basis for making me regular and eliminating the build up of toxins in my body, also no addictive qualities there and nothing to harm the body. [:0] Also have a question, what are the long term effects of buprenorphine (i hear it is pretty safe long term in recommended doses is that true?) and is it difficult to wean off of buprenorphine? I take it for long term chronic back pain from a serious car wreck three years ago (tears in the spine and disc herniation) thanks...[?]

horseybucs is offline New Member

Benzo's, which Xanax is a member of the Benzo family should never be prescribed with Suboxone unless in a hospital/in treatment situation

LINN

massi2u is offline New Member

I've been on 40mg Suboxone,5 pills/day for 2 years off & on.then I started Xanax about same time cause my wife was prescribed them during her chemo. I've had some very strange things happen to me since starting Sub.and Xanax
    The worst physical was my right foot then calf swelled to at least 3x
    normal then turned bright red,progressing to purple w/blood blisters all invovled.Finally red lines started up my leg.I saw my PC Dr. said it wasn't cellulitus,sent me for ultra sound to rule out blood clot.It wasn't,so next went to specalist(Rheumatoligist}. He ordered a CAT Scan, said he wasn't sure what was wrong but put me on sterorids and Antibiotics(several differant kinds).Nothing seemed to help, my leg was messed up for months.The worst was yet to come.I was a recovering addict for 11 yrs,but when my wife got breast cancer and my bad back started talking to me. I began to take her pain pills(Vicoden then Vicoprofen)w/Hep.C gotta watch the Tylnol intake esp. when your taken between 112-188 mg Hydro/day(was on Methadone for yrs)high tollerance.Then I was in for a real surprise when the Xanax ran out,I've been though some bad detoxes before but cold turkey Xanax was a Nightmare, I've never had anything effect me[8] in such a terrifying psychological process,to include bodyslam seizures.I couldn't even force myself to go to the ER, scared they wouldn't help me. I didn't sleep, or eat(except Ensure)for 6 weeks.I just starred at the History Channel 24/7.Then a friend brought over some Klonipin, which instantly returned my sanity but now I'm addicted to them. Like I said I now use the Sub.to detox when I run out of Vicoprofen.
    If I use the Sub.for more than a few days my foot starts to swell.
    I'm sure that was way to much info.I agree mixing Sub, and Benzo's can be dangerous. Most Junkies do it to catch a nod.Never Ever add Alcohol to the mix!!! The Sub. is great for coming off other Narotics, just be careful the Narcotics are out of you system before
    taken the Sub. Most pain pills are safe after 12 hrs.I made the stupid
    mistake of taken the Sub.after having waited only 3 days after having Methadone.Made me sick out of both ends in only 15 mins.

amishgirl36 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by zeukii

ALL narcotics are a respritory deppressant. Adding ANY benzo to the mix (because the high is SO good seems worth taking the risk). Just because some say they are able to do this doesn't mean everyone can. Benzo's build up in the fat cells of or bodies. So, you take what you consider a 'safe ' amount of your narcotic..from >>>>>> to suboxone and you take your 'usual' amount of your benzo but this time you lose and this time you have no idea that you don't even know or ever will wake up. I know from the painful and hard way. Everyone , I KNOW, has told you this. Hey...isn't your life worth SO MUCH MORE? Get a grip. You are in my prayers. Believe it or not ...prayer's do more for a child of the One how made you then ANYTHING else.

One of the side effects of Suboxone is Constipation. You should be drinking at least 7 glasses of water per day, eat watermelon. Ice tea- etc.. it is dangerous not to push fluids. Suboxone is a miracle drug i tell you that!- Dont get started on Methadone to get off vicodin or oxycontin. Suboxone is the safest if used properly

hey guys it feels so good to know theres others out there, ive been living a scary cold dark life. i started with vicodin till they didint even faze me anymore went on the percocets, on to oxycontin and morphine, onto >>>>>> 4-5 times. after irealized im using such a horrible drug like >>>>>> i had to do something. i am know seeing a specialist that prescribes me suboxone. i started with 8 mg a day on to 12 a day on to 24 a day on to 12 a day and now im on 8 as day again. its been two weeks that im clean but i smoke alot of weedt to now think about doing ox. im so happy im atleast trying to stop but i dont know if this will work. ive tried mixing suboxone with benzo's but i liked it so much i stopped. please responmse wiht any words of advice iwould love to hear from anyone, ive neever been able to speak to others in my situation. im embaressed to try na. any reply wiht any positive comments would be amazing. im tired of this bull**** life its time we all take control and become succesful, good bless all of you and thanks for taking ur time to read. 21 yr old male, ny. thanx again good luck

hey guys it feels so good to know theres others out there, ive been living a scary cold dark life. i started with vicodin till they didint even faze me anymore went on the percocets, on to oxycontin and morphine, onto >>>>>> 4-5 times. after irealized im using such a horrible drug like >>>>>> i had to do something. i am know seeing a specialist that prescribes me suboxone. i started with 8 mg a day on to 12 a day on to 24 a day on to 12 a day and now im on 8 as day again. its been two weeks that im clean but i smoke alot of weedt to now think about doing ox. im so happy im atleast trying to stop but i dont know if this will work. ive tried mixing suboxone with benzo's but i liked it so much i stopped. please responmse wiht any words of advice iwould love to hear from anyone, ive neever been able to speak to others in my situation. im embaressed to try na. any reply wiht any positive comments would be amazing. im tired of this bull**** life its time we all take control and become succesful, good bless all of you and thanks for taking ur time to read. 21 yr old male, ny. thanx again good luck

abey042000 is offline Member

May I say to anyone and everyone, that The lord Jesus Christ has saved me and delivered me from my addictions. Have faith and keep praying.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast