Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    nico420 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by mpvt

Frances I'm on methadone and I too have a hard time getting started urinating.I'm inclined to think that it is side effect from opiods????I don't know,I see my doctor on the 22nd and I'll ask him.I'll let you know what I find out.As far as constipation goes, I have found the more active I am the more regular I am. I know too many people on methadone that just take thier dose and then do nothing but watch Jerry Springer all day and eat.You have to keep active........Dave[8D]

todd1 is offline New Member

I'm on methadone now and want to get off. Im on about 40mg a day but i hate going to the clinic even though i have six take homes. I would like to try suboxone and you sound like you have had good experience with it. Is there a certain amoung of mg i have to be on before switching over? And how much suboxone is a good amount to start with. I am six feet and very muscular at 230 lbs. Will that affect me? I live a very productive life and run a company, so i can't be feeling ****py or incapacitated at all. Any help would be appreciated.

T

Firedough28 is offline New Member

Does anyone know the weight loss drug that has been on tv about 2 months ago talking about use for extemely overweight people? cost $153 A Bottle?

DUDE is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by X-JUNKIE

ONCE A DRUG ADDICT--ALWAYS A CHANCE TO CHANGE!!!!
    If you believe that you'll always be a junkie,YOU WILL BE!!!
    I've been clean for 8yrs.,and I've tryed everything at least once. So,if you truly believe,you'll always be an addict,you've never used a drug in your life. Or--YOU'd KNOW THE PAIN OF KICKIN' IT!!!!
    And,how proud to know you have one more day...
    ALIVE!!!

Amen. This to all the negative replies. If you have not been in someone elses shoes do not judge. Addiction is a monster. I applaud you for your courage and honesty. I am proud of anyone who can accomplish what pain & agony I know you have endured.
    Peace

shredded20 is offline Junior Member

Leptopril is the fat-loss pill that costs $153 a bottle

WOrm28 is offline New Member

I am on Sub myself and would like to hear other peoples experience with it

Thank you

Baby Steps is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by todd1

I'm on methadone now and want to get off. Im on about 40mg a day but i hate going to the clinic even though i have six take homes. I would like to try suboxone and you sound like you have had good experience with it. Is there a certain amoung of mg i have to be on before switching over? And how much suboxone is a good amount to start with. I am six feet and very muscular at 230 lbs. Will that affect me? I live a very productive life and run a company, so i can't be feeling ****py or incapacitated at all. Any help would be appreciated.

T

Hey Todd!! Welcome! I suggest you jump over to the painkiller addiction site... there are so many awesome people over there that know exactly what you're going through like me and can give you some excellent advice! There's a guy Tom who went c/t off of meth 26 days ago and he's doing great now but he can help you. Please take my advice... I will pray for you and hope you are able to do this!! Hang in there... you have taken the first step for sure... Wanting to end this viscious cycle! It's not easy but it can be done.

Hugz,

Baby Steps 7 days clean and counting

eXistZ is offline New Member

I myself have fought a hard battle with oxycontin, about 3 80mg aday at the least for about a year, i had heard of suboxone and tried it once and WOW it really was a dream come true, no w/d , no cravings etc..etc, but around here theres like 1 doc thats like a hour away that prescribes it so i had to get it off the street... once that ran out, back to oxys i went, but i learned to taper myself off to percs, doing around 4-5 30mgs a day, then onto 4-5 15mg a day, but a few months later i met a new friend at work that was prescribed to suboxone and he was hooking me up with them as i needed them, i have been almost 2 months clean, i wont lie there has been a few times (maybe 6 times) that ive slipped and done a perc 15mg just for fun, but my goal was to get off oxys and that i did, about 2months oxy clean..so from experiance i do know subs work wonders..as for mixing with benzos, i have NOT had any side effects or anything, and for the constipation and such, yes those were worrible for me, but now those are gone after getting off oxys/percs..

kevin9494 is offline Member

I too take 16mgs of suboxone daily and really have a hard time urinating. I feel like I have to go (sometimes really bad) but It just won't come out. I have to sit down on the toilet and push and push and push. When I go to the doctor for my suboxone script I get a urine test. It takes me like 1 hour before I can give a sample for them to test. The nurse told me that alot of people on suboxone are having this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances Gail View Post
    I just started taking Suboxone for combination pain relief and to help get off of other pain meds. The biggest problem I'm having right now is it is very difficult to start urinating--not painful, I'm just not urinating nearly as much as I normally do. It isn't changed in color. I also am very constipated. Anybody else with similar problems.

cdhowlett is offline New Member

Default inconsiderate prick

Quote Originally Posted by kcollin4 View Post
    once a drug addict ALWAYS a drug addict!
    once a drug addict: listen here ******************** head, maybe you'll be driving down the road and someone will run a red light and T-bone you shattering two vertabrae, and lets see if you can make it without drugs asshole.

CairoKid is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by X-JUNKIE View Post
    ONCE A DRUG ADDICT--ALWAYS A CHANCE TO CHANGE!!!!
    If you believe that you'll always be a junkie,YOU WILL BE!!!
    I've been clean for 8yrs.,and I've tryed everything at least once. So,if you truly believe,you'll always be an addict,you've never used a drug in your life. Or--YOU'd KNOW THE PAIN OF KICKIN' IT!!!!
    And,how proud to know you have one more day...
    ALIVE!!!

Nicely said there X-man....
    I know substance abusers will always have to be aware that they are at added risk of slipping back into old ways. Nevertheless, I personally don't feel the need to go around saying "Hi, I'm so and so and I'm an alcoholic, addict, whatever...." Yes, the knowledge is there, but I may chose not to share it with anyone on that particular day.
    Just to be open, I have nothing against the 12 step, AA, NA approach. I happen to think they do a lot of good. But, like I said, on some days, some people won't get certain facts from me. In fact, I wonder if there is a need to share that tid-bit every day, but that's asnother story.

Best wishes to all.
    CairoKid.

iquitsmak is offline New Member

Default Methadone Is Your Best Shot

I started on vicatin to percs to oxy's to methadone. Then I wanted to get high again so I decided to shoot >>>>>>(really F*&%@ smart of me). At that point I was on 80mg meth and declining. I could not stop the >>>>>>. I talked to the doc at the meth clinic and he raised my meth. I am now on 240mg a day. Sounds high to some of u, I know. The fact is I have never felt better in my life. I used to shoot a bunch of H trying to beat the blockers in meth. now at 240 I would probably need a 1/4g. of pure H in one shot to get a tiny buzz. I hear all u people knock methadone but all you base your info on is hear say. Methadone works for a lot of people including myself. I was hopeless without it. I have done a complete turn around with help from methadone. If you stay in the program for about 2 years and abide by it your chances of staying clean for good are 50%. 97 out of 100 people on suboxone go back to opiates within a year after suboxone is stopped. 99.9% of people relapse at some point once off suboxone. Methadone is a long term treatment plan, if followed you have the best chances of being clean, better than any other treatment for opiates. Keep talking ******************** and enjoy your relapse narrow minds.

ydnarb is offline Junior Member

Default to todd

Quote Originally Posted by todd1 View Post

T
    hey todd, i was taking methadone for about 6 months around 30 - 40 mgs per day. i have been on suboxone for about 2 weeks now. The first day way rough cause the methadone wasnt out of my system...I took 10 mg friday morning and the suboxone around noon Sunday. Just make sure you give it time to get out of your system before taking it. Because of not waiting i had 1 day of down time, that was it. I feel amazing!!! I LOVED methadone, like you i didnt want to drive to get it, it would take 80 min drive just to get to clinic. I was hesitant at first, but trust me its worth it

staycleankim is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frances Gail View Post
    I just started taking Suboxone for combination pain relief and to help get off of other pain meds. The biggest problem I'm having right now is it is very difficult to start urinating--not painful, I'm just not urinating nearly as much as I normally do. It isn't changed in color. I also am very constipated. Anybody else with similar problems.
    hi i started suboxone 6 days ago i was a pill popper bad and yes i am also having trouble urinating along with the constipaton i see my counselor in the morn.i will go over this with her and let ya no but please if anyone else no any thing about these symptoms please let me no.

staycleankim is offline New Member

hi im a new member been poppin pills for about 6 years now 2nd time on suboxone now for 7 days tomorrow and doing everything else along with it just wanted to see and talk to others that are going thru pretty much the same things only this time it is a serious stopping point for me i have 2 teens that r 15 & 13 and i have taken so much away from them and the way i have changed since they was little to about now is unbelieveable in every ones eyes that no me even my kids and to be honest that is a horable thing but its not to late to go back to the old kim and i will.well thanks for listening to me i appreciate it and i also love feedback.

superbeast29624 is offline New Member

Default be carefull

I just got prescribed 16 mgs of suboxone a day. I also take klonopin 2mgs. I was taking around 16 loratab 10's a day and got to the point where it was like those evil pills were just trying to ruin my life. Well I missplaced 150 of my my pink ucb 910's and almost had a panic attack. Thats when I new I had to do something. Last night I took my first dose of my subs and in about 20 mins it was like I had took loratabs but did't crave anymore. I had took 6 mgs of klonopin earlier and about avout 30 mins later it was like I was drunk but it had been a few hours since I took the k's.I got to work and kept nodding off and the a little later I just got an incredible energy burst. I stock groceries an I was putting up stock like I had 50 arms. Is this normal. Does suboxone really give you your natural God given energy back. ps God is good all the time and that devil and his arsenal of disease and drugs is a freaking liar. Should I take klonopin at all with suboxone
    Last edited by superbeast29624; 11-06-2007 at 07:37 AM.

superbeast29624 is offline New Member

Thumbs up I know what you are going throgh

Yes Kim I am just like you sweetie. I have tried to kick my loratab habit numerous times but I always went back. I have been put on sub now for the first time and wish I would have found it yearsa ago. I am 28 and have been using since I was 16. I have a 3 year old son. But anyway I missplaced my loratabs and went balistic.I stopped long enough to see what I have become.This will be my 2nd day on sub and already feeling a huge difference. Good luck and God bless you and your family

Nik
    Nik is offline New Member

Wink Mixing opiates and benzo's ?

As far as mixing these two drugs , while its indeed its true that it can be a dangerous even fatal combination .We have all certainly heard the stories of those who have passed on due to mixing thse drugs ,alot of times drinking is also thrown into the mix ,which makes it a much more dangerous ? I just want to make one thing clear ,a opiate tolerant and benzo tolerant patient can safley take this combination (opiate & benzo) as long as they know their tolreance limits and do not go over what their system is tolerant to. I for one have been on a combination of methadone and benzos for several years ,I take 4mgs of klonopin in addition to my 150mg daily methadone dose .I never have had any close calles with overdosing or breathing problems either while awake or sleeping ! Again it all depends what your body it tolerant to ,this is when problems begin ,the first time user of oxy-cotin that takes a 40mg pill when this person has never taken a pain pill or any opiate based medication ,taking a 40mg oxy is like them taking 8 or more vicodins at once ,dangerous to say the least .I have found many Dr.'s do not know how to properly prescribe certain medications and one should always take care in what a Dr perscribes them and get a second opinion and of course the internet is a wealth of information that should be used by all medicial patients !
    Take Care Nik

Meoshell is offline New Member

My husband is on Suboxone he is using it to stop using o.c. He has been on it for almost six months he had that problem for about 3months. I believe it is adictive, he can't go with out he'll go through withdrawl.
    Last edited by Meoshell; 11-06-2007 at 09:33 AM.

mrsensi is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I am taking 16mg of suboxone a day. I am also taking 2mg of xanax daily. Now, I hear that this combo is dangerous? Anyone know why? I have never had any adverse reactions so I am curious. Any info on this topic would be apprecaited!

<>< Peace Sue
    yes the fact is the subuxone is a strong opiate. There for if anything you should feel good when taking both, with no adverse reactions except the nods. Except a serious withdraw. I was on suboxone 8mg along with 2 1/2 xany bars a day (2mg xanax) plus 1-10mg valium right before bed. When I decided it was enough of this feeling line ____ all day I stopped everything. Now I have come off of 400-500mg off oxycontin 8 bags of dope if the oc's werent around per day I was taking that much for about 2-3 years. I have kicked them all At diffrent times in my life but there were none that put me through the hell xanax subuxone put me through . I thought I was going to die and if I knew they wouldnt lock me up if I went to the E.R, I would have gone. They would of locked me up for sure I was sooooo sick like that . ALL I CAN SAY IS STAY AWAAY FROM XANAX SUBUXONE. SUE ALLL I CAN SAY IS WEAN YOURSELF OFF THE XANAX. DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU HAVE TO GO COLD TURKEY LIKE ME I WOULDNT WISH THAT ON MY OWN ENEMY, JUST TELL THE DOC TO WEAN YOU DOWN AND THAT SUBUXONE MED CASUES BRAIN DAMAGE. IT IS A NEW MEDICINE WITH NO REAL LONG TERM STUDIES ON IT. I HAVE HEARD FROM FRIENDS THAT LIVE IN PARIS WHERE IT HAS BEEEN LEGAL A LOT LONGER THEN US AND THEY ARE HAVEING PATIENTS GOING DELUSONAL, INSOMNIA SVERE,MEMOREY SEVERE. sUBOXONE IS A BAD DRUG. I KNOW I TOOK IT BUT THATS CAUSE ALL THESE DR.'S GET A KICK BACK OF HOW MUCH OF IT IS SOLLD BUT WILL NEVER TAKE IT AGAIN.

JPAUL0510 is offline New Member

Unhappy Help I Am Terrified

I Am Going To Suboxen Dr. In The Morning .i Have Been On Methadone For 3 Years I Am Getting Nowhere I Need This To End Does Suboxen Really Make The Wd's All Go Away .plus I Have Never Experienced Methadone Wd's Yet Some One Help Me Feel Like I Can Do This

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You need to be at 30 mgs or less and be stable on methadone before you can make the switch to buprenorphene (suboxone,subutex).once you get there then you need to stop your methadone completely for at least 72 hrs before you start the buprenorphene otherwise you will suffer terrible perecipatated withdrawls.If you're not stable on methadone then it's quite likely buprenorphene may not help.
    What sort of problems with methadone are you having,also what dose are you at and have you ever been stable on methadone (meaning, no withdrawls and no cravings,you just feel normal)???......Let me know the info and I can give you a more informative answer....Good luck.....Dave

animal lover is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrsensi View Post
    yes the fact is the subuxone is a strong opiate. There for if anything you should feel good when taking both, with no adverse reactions except the nods. Except a serious withdraw. I was on suboxone 8mg along with 2 1/2 xany bars a day (2mg xanax) plus 1-10mg valium right before bed. When I decided it was enough of this feeling line ____ all day I stopped everything. Now I have come off of 400-500mg off oxycontin 8 bags of dope if the oc's werent around per day I was taking that much for about 2-3 years. I have kicked them all At diffrent times in my life but there were none that put me through the hell xanax subuxone put me through . I thought I was going to die and if I knew they wouldnt lock me up if I went to the E.R, I would have gone. They would of locked me up for sure I was sooooo sick like that . ALL I CAN SAY IS STAY AWAAY FROM XANAX SUBUXONE. SUE ALLL I CAN SAY IS WEAN YOURSELF OFF THE XANAX. DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU HAVE TO GO COLD TURKEY LIKE ME I WOULDNT WISH THAT ON MY OWN ENEMY, JUST TELL THE DOC TO WEAN YOU DOWN AND THAT SUBUXONE MED CASUES BRAIN DAMAGE. IT IS A NEW MEDICINE WITH NO REAL LONG TERM STUDIES ON IT. I HAVE HEARD FROM FRIENDS THAT LIVE IN PARIS WHERE IT HAS BEEEN LEGAL A LOT LONGER THEN US AND THEY ARE HAVEING PATIENTS GOING DELUSONAL, INSOMNIA SVERE,MEMOREY SEVERE. sUBOXONE IS A BAD DRUG. I KNOW I TOOK IT BUT THATS CAUSE ALL THESE DR.'S GET A KICK BACK OF HOW MUCH OF IT IS SOLLD BUT WILL NEVER TAKE IT AGAIN.
    The truth is SUBOXONE may be a fairly new medication, however, the two drugs that makeup SUBOXONE have been around for decades. Buprenorphine was used in hospitals for pain medication years and years ago. Studies have been done on these drugs for years, and proven to be safe. It has been used in France, with great success. Do some research on the web and you will find this to be true. I have been on SUBOXONE for only a short period, however I feel that it has saved my life. The other ingredient in Suboxone is a drug that blocks you from actually getting high. Hope this helps, over and out! Animal Lover

ahendrix656 is offline New Member

Very dangerous , can cause upper respitory falure among other things . I work at a suboxone office and no benzos are allowed with suboxone due to the naltraxone........ wish u the best .

jwomiller is offline New Member

Default Know about your medicine

If your someone is has medical problems and have been taking opiates for pain and want to get off them, then the best way to do so is with your doctors help have in cut down your medicine slowly so you do not go into a bad withdrawal.
    Suboxone is 50 times stronger then morphine and has alittle medicine that works on your brain receptors to get rid of the other opiates it does not give you the same feeling as opiates but your really going from on drug to another. I also have learned from alot of research do not take Xanax or any other medicine that can so down your central nervous system it can be dangerous. Look and Research on the web. Even Doctors have Posted on the Web that alot of patients are not told the truth about Suboxone. I was on of them and went through hell coming off Suboxone and i was on it for only 3 months. I have a thread misinformation on Suboxone read it if you want. It does work for many people and many people like myself had a horrible time with this drug. if anyone tells you i am wrong well tell them to do their research. Good look to you. It is scary not knowing the facts. The best of luck to you

crazykelli is offline New Member

Smile It sucks

I have been am opiate user for 6 years now and cannot believe how it has changed my life. It effects every single area of my life! And lets now even talk about the money loss and lies to get them. MOst of all the saddest thing is my children. I am not the mother I once was. I am always worried where and when I am going to get my next pill-"fix" You would never know by looking or talking to me that I am highly addicted to them, but that is not the point. I am taking sub now and I feel it is just as addicting as the vikes, percs, and oxy's, but I feel better taking them and much cheaper at that and also under a dr's care. I so agree with some of you I feel they are potentially dangerous. God bless to you all and pray we all get through this alive and most of all for our families!

rxqueen is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Know all too well

The combination of Suboxone/Methadone and benzodiazepenes can be deadly. It promotes severe respiratory depression. Last year on 3/4/07 I mixed Methadone and Klonopin and almost died. I was not informed by the Doctor who was prescribing me Methadone that these two catergories of drugs were deadly when mixed. I took my usual dose of 1 mg of Klonopin prescribed by my Regular Physician before bedtime and had taken 60 mg of Methadone that day at the clinic. My ex-husband woke to find me not breathing, lips purple, and obviously not concious. Luckily I was revived in the hospital. I was not concious for three days. The dose does not matter, nor the tolerance. Using this rationality is playing with fire. These combination of drugs can kill you. I would not take any chances. The Doctor that is prescribing you this mix should be reported, (maybe even shot) and you should consider finding a new one. I'm not just bitter because it happened to me, it's happening to people all around me too.

In my community, in just the past year, there have been 8 deaths due to methadone/suboxone & benzo mixing, most of them very young people. One of them was a young man that worked for me. He was just 18 years old. It's so sad and so depressing that the local police have formed a prescription drug task force and are seriously cracking down in the community. They have formed another task force to investigate these deaths in depth. They have arrested several people for alledgedly selling the methadone to some of the 8 people that died from it. Not only will they be charged with distribution, the Police are looking to charge them with the death/s of these young people. One of the dealers was arraigned in his hospital bed after suffering a stroke while awaiting his arraignment.

Bottom line, these drugs DO NOT mix. I am living (luckily) proof of this. There are alternate ways to deal with anxiety when you are taking suboxone/methadone that are very effective. Not only behavioral, but natural supplements. Kava, Valerian, Melatonin and GABA are all natural supplements/hormones that can help with anxiety, without the side effects and addictive properties of the benzo's. They do work. Valium is actually derived from Valerian, and GABA performs the same exact functions that the benzo's do in your brain without the nasty side effects. However, Valerian and GABA cannot be patented so the drug companies can't make any money off them. They'd rather have you addicted to their products, ensuring future profits, then taking care of your anxiety with natural remedies that cost under $10.00. Just my two cents...
    Last edited by rxqueen; 03-02-2008 at 09:36 PM.

MrNenni is offline New Member

Talking Suboxone is a good choice

Suboxone has been a great help for me. I used opiates from my 9th grade year up until my 5th year of college. I have had methadone, which had its own polsitive features, but it didn't seem to help anything in the long term..... We all know that the withdrawl is like from opiates (If you're quititing) .... Suboxone gives you a feeling of almost normal, no highs like methadone ... Suboxone helps make the transition period very very easy.

I started out one night on half a suboxone 8/2 tablet... the feeling was amazing, and gave me hope to truely get better.... the next week I alternated between halfs and smaller quarter pieces...... Honestly, I would dissolve the halves under my tounge, but the quarter pieces (2/0.5) I would snort........... After 28 days, I started to flip flop quarter pieces with nothing at all ..... then i used the same technique but used even less suboxone. Just small shavings ...... Eventually I forgot to take my morning piece and I felt great.....

Since then, I feel just as good not being high. We all know that after so long, the drugs just make you feel a good "normal". But using Suboxone will get you back to your normal self..... I hope everyone with serious addictions, who tries this technique" is ready to remember who they once were..... Some of us have soo many problems that we change on the drugs all the time..... Stop being the show off, and get back to being the computer nerd....

Take care everyone ..... We all can get better

thelonegunman is offline New Member

Don't be mebarrassed tot ry NA. Everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE, knows your story. You will not be unique not matter how uniqiue you think you are. You willbe supported. They only stay clean by helping you stay clean. That probably doesn't makes sense to yo uright now, but it works. Ignore all the stuff that doesn't makes sense, or anything remotely spiritual if that's not your bag, but Go To A Meeeting and raise your hand. Therere are all types there, but you will identify with everyone. You may not like everyone, trust me you won't, but you will find help and exncouragement.

Yeah, sure some people quiton thier own, but a lot don't because of thelonliness, the isolation. That was the hardest part for me. Talking to strangers, and believe some seemed strange. But they care, and they get it,most of all.

Do the hardest thing you'v e ever done in your life, raise your hand and say "I'm an addict" you will be surprised how syaing those three little words outloud can change lyour life.

And believe me, I'm not trying to push theprogram on you, you take what works for you and leave the rest. But youwill meet a lot of people who know you, btter than you know yourself. trust me on that.

suboxone is offline New Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I am taking 16mg of suboxone a day. I am also taking 2mg of xanax daily. Now, I hear that this combo is dangerous? Anyone know why? I have never had any adverse reactions so I am curious. Any info on this topic would be apprecaited!

<>< Peace Sue
    listen to your doc. i'm on suboxone FOUR TIMES a day (8/2)

In addition, I NEED my Xanax - 1 mg 2-4 times daily

It's better than what I was doing with the percocet and vicodin or whatever else I could get my hands on

I'm a successful, well educated (postgrad) professional. There is NO ONE immune from drug addiction so I hate when I hear the "junkie" comments. I am who I am and I'm proud to live my life - the rollercoaster that it is.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast