Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree10Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    go hard is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I am taking 16mg of suboxone a day. I am also taking 2mg of xanax daily. Now, I hear that this combo is dangerous? Anyone know why? I have never had any adverse reactions so I am curious. Any info on this topic would be apprecaited!

<>< Peace Sue
    If u take it slow it won't hurt u,,ivebeen takein samell dosagen for yrjust be safe

go hard is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by go hard View Post
    If u take it slow it won't hurt u,,ivebeen takein samell dosagen for yrjust be safe
    Does any one k ow what dosage to start with

Oxynarcs is offline New Member

Default mixing

for two years i mixed about 60mg a day with about 150mg oxy.. lucky im not dead. Im now quitting because i was given a dui for taking the meds even though perscribed and they were destroying my life. i want to take suboxone but i figure to just deal with the withdrawls use less xanex and not substitute things for narcs. It is a sick painfull lowlife way to live, even if taken as perscribed you still go through hell many times. I have chronic pain, but i would rather feel the pain and feel alert and alive then be a hermit sitting on my ass taking pills all day. You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. Some people never stop, but any one can when they want to, its no magical drug, just a crutch. time to learn who to walk alone and leave your crutch to the next guy.
    much love to all, even the people who are here to discourage, words have no effect so make the choice for yourself, only u can do it
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-07-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    L0rdN1k0n likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

above post has been amended
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-07-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

fenciksdisciple is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frances Gail View Post
    I just started taking Suboxone for combination pain relief and to help get off of other pain meds. The biggest problem I'm having right now is it is very difficult to start urinating--not painful, I'm just not urinating nearly as much as I normally do. It isn't changed in color. I also am very constipated. Anybody else with similar problems.
    All opiates will make it difficult to begin urinating. AFOAF used to use >>>>>>. He would sit on the toilet just waiting. Then he would nod for so long he his legs would fall asleep and he couldn't stand. I don't reccomend the sit method. At best it will frusterate you. If i were you I would try blowing on it. The cool air signals to your brain that its time to go. if it gets to the point of extreme discomfort, get in a warm shower. DO NOT USE DIURETICS. They create urine not help you go. Good luck

njones0623 is offline New Member

Default no mixing

I am afraid that the doctors who let you mix that cocktail of drugs are wacco's.
    I know someone who takes xanax and suboxone and he is just as loopy as he was on pain pills, no even more sometimes. Go to detox, start a program, and don't say you can't afford it. Suboxone are very expensive and you will be on them forever if your doctor is a wacco.

I do believe in seeking medical attention to get off them and taking an anti anxiety, but not together!!! You will be if you are not already, addicted to the xanax. It is not a harmless drug; it's a killer too.

njones0623 is offline New Member

Reply to sue

read my post below!! or above...yes, its crazy.
    Last edited by njones0623; 06-15-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: forgot to reply to post

Default Xanax and Suboxene

Both are kind of dangerous in combo, b/c both can slow down breathing. Xanax, a benzodiazepine drug is like Valium, Dalmane, Ativan, Kolonopin, except it is the strongest benzo out there. Works good for panic attacks. Suboxene has an opiod in it, but when put under tongue, opiod blocking agent does not work, so both have a high potential for abuse. Do not take them together, could slow breathing down and that is def. not a good thing. Just be careful with your meds. Hope this helps.

shannonhartfield is offline New Member

Default Suboxone w Xanax

I began Suboxone tx 5 yrs ago. Thru several Drs., and the HERE2HELP nurses, (hotline for Sub patients) Ive been told mixing Xanax and Subs are deadly, due to the afore mentioned respiratory depression, i.e. you stop breathing. Yes, Im certain low doses and extreme caution can juggle the effects, BUT SEEING AS THAT A VAST MAJORITY OF US ARE ADDICTS, in recovery or not, I wouldnt 100% rely upon our ability to "maintain" AND successfully juggle such a game of roulette. ALSO, for the uneducated ppl claiming opiate withdrawal only occurs in ppl who abuse pain pills, FYI: WHETHER YOU TAKE 1-2 EVERY 4-6 HOURS, or even less, ON A NORMAL BASIS, usually daily, THEN WHETHER YOUR MENTALLY ADDICTED OR NOT, YOUR BODY BCOMES PHYSICALLY ADDICTED, ergo physical w/drawal occurs. This has nothing to do w will power or the like, our brains opiod receptors constantly change based on what we put in our mouths (u are what u eat), as they create more receptors, they request more, then hurt you like hell when they havent had enough to eat. Just so you know.

shannonhartfield is offline New Member

Default Subonxone cont

Also, Ive read many forums, and I must say this has been the most authentic. When a person claims to not have physical dts, or that quitting was painless, easy and you suffer no recourse, and you suggest everyone's experience should be just as easy, please, save it for yourself. If you were physically depended on opiods, then "painless and easy" would NOT be parts of your vocabulary. It gives ppl a false sense of the ease you claim, and it sends false messages that makes others who have been truely addicted to opiods and/or Suboxone dout themselves. As an opiate addict, Ive had many ppl tell me its "all in my head" or it will "be over in 3 days" or Im just weak or w low tolerance to pain. Not until several of them experienced it themselves, the men in the fetal posistion crying for their mommies and begging for mercy, did they TRUELY comprehend my experience. We reach out for help and advice in these forums, so to convey your addiction and claim such ease w/out pain only reiterates the often suggested dout that it may be "ALL IN OUR HEADS"

JerseyRy is offline New Member

Thumbs up Need Help with Suboxone Please Anyone

Hey Everyone,

My name is Ryan and I'm a 31 year old drug addict currently on Suboxone ( this new epidemic ! ) You know it's so funny, I remember looking at these posts for years on all sorts of stuff helping me get high, and now it's that time in my life with a loving wife and 3 kids I'm finally looking to help stop...THANK GOD!!! Thanks to everyone for all of your plentiful insight. Anyway, my doc here wants me to take 2 - 8/mg strips per day for a total of 16. I personally think thats way to high and am totally fine with one. Now, I'm really looking for a good way to taper off of this stuff because I'm so tired of my happiness and my life for that fact depending on this dam drug. Granite, it did help me getting off the >>>>>> but now obviously this has become my new romantic relationship. I've seen so many answers as to how to taper off this stuff from different docs and people as well. I guess it depends on that everyone is different and can tolerate certain things. I'm not to keen about the whole rapid detox stuff...but whatever it takes to minimize the pain I will try my best. Also, since I only take one a day and I get prescribed 2/day every month now I have 30 left. I literally have about 200 Sub strips sitting around...would it be wise hanging on to them>??? Or should I just throw em out?? I don't know. I have been on it roughly 2 years now. Plus, I have severe..I mean severe depression already with it and have tried every anti-pill in the book. The only thing that really helps is tons of caffeine / sweets, etc. My old doc suggested getting prescribed Adderall with the subs....any thoughts from you guys would be highly appreciated. Again, thanks to all..from Atlantic City, NJ :0)

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRy View Post
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Ryan and I'm a 31 year old drug addict currently on Suboxone ( this new epidemic ! ) You know it's so funny, I remember looking at these posts for years on all sorts of stuff helping me get high, and now it's that time in my life with a loving wife and 3 kids I'm finally looking to help stop...THANK GOD!!! Thanks to everyone for all of your plentiful insight. Anyway, my doc here wants me to take 2 - 8/mg strips per day for a total of 16. I personally think thats way to high and am totally fine with one. Now, I'm really looking for a good way to taper off of this stuff because I'm so tired of my happiness and my life for that fact depending on this dam drug. Granite, it did help me getting off the >>>>>> but now obviously this has become my new romantic relationship. I've seen so many answers as to how to taper off this stuff from different docs and people as well. I guess it depends on that everyone is different and can tolerate certain things. I'm not to keen about the whole rapid detox stuff...but whatever it takes to minimize the pain I will try my best. Also, since I only take one a day and I get prescribed 2/day every month now I have 30 left. I literally have about 200 Sub strips sitting around...would it be wise hanging on to them>??? Or should I just throw em out?? I don't know. I have been on it roughly 2 years now. Plus, I have severe..I mean severe depression already with it and have tried every anti-pill in the book. The only thing that really helps is tons of caffeine / sweets, etc. My old doc suggested getting prescribed Adderall with the subs....any thoughts from you guys would be highly appreciated. Again, thanks to all..from Atlantic City, NJ :0)

Ryan ........ Here is a link to the process I did for myself with subs and have shared it on this forum successfully for years. I would read it carefully, especially the INDUCTION section and TAPER section. Taking two 8mg strips a day is ignorant! I can induct you right here on the forum, just starting over again, at around 2-3mg total. That is a fact based on the countless times I've done it and have you totally clean off the subs too in about sixty days.

I am signing off the forum for a while but will be back later. Let me know if you want my help. I simply require that you follow what I ask to the letter to assure your success if you can be that naive enough to listen to me. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 11-25-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

jlmnop is offline New Member

my dr told me to take 3 8mg strips a day if needed.. i cut them down and take 2 mg strips 3 times a day i was taking 600 mgs of oxycontin daily for 10 years and its finally time to try and sober up.. most of all i miss my sex life with my wife,,it doesnt exist when taking oxycontin

jlmnop is offline New Member

6 mgs a day is plenty Ryan

butcherfri is offline New Member

Default Ryan

Ryan,

I'm 62 years old and new to this. I don't feel comfortable publishing here for everybody to see. My name is Butch. I think I can help you
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butcherfri View Post
    Ryan,

I'm 62 years old and new to this. I don't feel comfortable publishing here for everybody to see. My name is Butch. I think I can help you

Butch ..... this is a totally anonymous forum. If everyone emailed messages to help people you would have never seen anything of value for you. We do our work here on the forum. Sure you understand. We wouldn't even need a forum if everyone just did emails. God bless.

This is Butch, Ryan. Please email me.

Quote Originally Posted by butcherfri View Post
    This is Butch, Ryan. Please email me at butcherfri@yahoo.com

Do you not understand how and why a forum operates? The forum is for the benefit of everyone here. There is no reason for anyone to have to work via private emails. God bless.

Whoops! Sorry
    Butch

OBG
    OBG is offline New Member

Default Suboxone and Xanax together.

I've been on Suboxone 16 mg a day along with: 2.mg x4 mg of Xanax and 150 mg of *trazodone a day (*to sleep)
    And I just feel a lil tired during the day. Thats all... Xan-Helps my anxiety. The Traz-helps me sleep at night and subs-it keeps me off opiates as well it helps with the pain.
    I've Had little to no problems.. Besides being sleepy. Not to the point where I can't function though.
    -rc

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    Taking these two drugs together can cause additional drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion or respiratory-depressant effects in some people.

randymiller00 is offline New Member

I agree very much with what you said Stanley, but you are actually a minority, the majority of regular users are just that Users. The few that I know who actually take to maintain a better life and don't abuse pain meds are people who wouldn't even take one unless they had to. I really hope your pain goes away but getting off of them is a serious problem, if you've ever had to go without for a day or two them you know what I mean.

sssandy is offline New Member

ive just started taking .5mg zxanax. 2xday to hlp with withdrawel from nucynta. I hve hd chronic pain for 6 yrs now and i will try anything to get rid if this awful pain. I am 60 yrs old and expect to be in pain the rest of my life, so I am not worried about hetting hookd.

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sssandy View Post
    ive just started taking .5mg zxanax. 2xday to hlp with withdrawel from nucynta. I hve hd chronic pain for 6 yrs now and i will try anything to get rid if this awful pain. I am 60 yrs old and expect to be in pain the rest of my life, so I am not worried about hetting hookd.
    If you are going through proper pre-causion, what your Doctor suggest you according to your health issue, then it would not be panic for your health.Such kind of medicine should be taken through proper guideline.

BelieveMeIKnow is offline New Member

Default Why

Quote Originally Posted by kcollin4 View Post
    once a drug addict ALWAYS a drug addict!
    What's the point of this comment? I WAS an opiate addict, got on suboxone and even going a week without subs I still never craved anything else, also I've successfully quit subs/drinking/smoking. Everyone's different , I don't consider my addiction a disease..... I consider it an accident... I'm not knocking anyone who battles addiction obviously, but it seems you might be.... Don't be an idiot, hiding behind a computer screen talking >>>> makes you feel better? Sounds like you have a skeleton or two... Everyone out there fighting addiction, don't make it a battle.... If I can do it so can you...... Fight it, beat it, be done with it, see a doctor for help, but don't let them tell you this is a life long thing or an everyday battle because it doesn't have to be. Try to remember how life used to be before the pain,sickness and withdraws. Fight through that and you'll love yourself when it's over.....

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveMeIKnow View Post
    What's the point of this comment? I WAS an opiate addict, got on suboxone and even going a week without subs I still never craved anything else, also I've successfully quit subs/drinking/smoking. Everyone's different , I don't consider my addiction a disease..... I consider it an accident... I'm not knocking anyone who battles addiction obviously, but it seems you might be.... Don't be an idiot, hiding behind a computer screen talking >>>> makes you feel better? Sounds like you have a skeleton or two... Everyone out there fighting addiction, don't make it a battle.... If I can do it so can you...... Fight it, beat it, be done with it, see a doctor for help, but don't let them tell you this is a life long thing or an everyday battle because it doesn't have to be. Try to remember how life used to be before the pain,sickness and withdraws. Fight through that and you'll love yourself when it's over.....
    Personally, I do not really understand your point in this post. You are referring to a comment posted in 2004 - and apparently you came to this forum to announce that your addiction is over and done with - was not a battle and was not a disease. So, if things are good - and you are "cured," why the need to come here at all?!?

I work in the field of substance abuse - and I've been in recovery for most of the past 20 years. (There was a brief relapse 10+ years ago.) And I can assure you that addiction is a life-long disease that requires life-long effort to overcome.

If you have successfully stopped and haven't had a single craving, then what you had was drug dependency, not addiction. The primary difference between addiction and dependency is the presence of the mental preoccupation or cravings. Without the obsession of thoughts, we can be quite sure the issue was physical dependency.

With physical dependency, there is no battle beyond the physical withdrawal. Once the withdrawal is behind you, you can go on your merry way, without the needs for a 12-step program or additional support.

Before you start pre-judging how others on this site "should" handle their disease of addiction, know what you're speaking of. Recovery from true addiction is no walk in the park. I find it quite inappropriate for you to say "don't make it a battle" or "don't let them tell you this is a life long thing or an everyday battle because it doesn't have to be." Clearly, you do not understand. Recovery from addiction requires a tremendous amount of soul-searching and introspection, as well as re-learning how to handle life free of drugs. It requires a depth of honesty, open-mindedness and integrity to achieve, as well as life-long vigilance to maintain.

If you had actually been through true addiction and recovery, you wouldn't be nearly so judgmental of others in the same position.

God bless,
    Ruth
    Iwantoff2013 and johnge like this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

llrxxzhan is offline New Member

The mixture of both of these drugs can evolve to extreem respritory depression, and causing your body to fade away in it's sleep.I agree with this, medication needs carefully before.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415