what is best for rhreumatoid arthritus
    alliwingate1982 is offline New Member

Default what is best for rhreumatoid arthritus

Hi. i am new here. i was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritus in march 2012 and fibromyalgia was added to that diagnosis a couple of months later. my rheumatologist would not give me any pain medication for either one, so now i am going to a pain clinic. i was started out on 10mg of oxycodone and at my second visit it was increased to 20mg. i am only 30 years old and dont want to build up a tolerance to pain meds so early as this disease is going to be a part of my life until the day i die. the 20mg definately helps more than the 10mg, but i still can not walk for long before my ankles are in so much pain i start shakjng. i desperately want and need to go back to work. my disability was denied. my vehicle was repoed, our home is in foreclosure, and we can barely keep the electricity on. i need to know what is best for my managing the pain from RA. i take methotrexate and humira shots weekly. also, morphine has absolutely no effect on me. thanks!

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

There is good evidence that early treatment and support can reduce joint disease and restrict the effect of rhreumatoid arthritus. Today's life style, drugs and non-drug treatments and surgery can all help reduce the adverse reactions of joint disease.

npenman is offline New Member

I also have rheumatoid arthrites. I have pain in different joints in different days depending on weather. My hands are stiff when I wake up. I usually talk to myself, "Mind over matter". I do dishes and exercises, and try to use the joints in pain. Doing house chores, knitting, kneading of bread batter and making cookies surely help me. My husvand's hands are getting clumzy and weak, and so I have him peel oranges. He loves oranges and enjoy peeling them. Enjoy life!

Gramma Becky is offline New Member

Hello Everyone I have RA and Lupus, diagnosed in my early 20's. I have pretty much run the board on RA treatments. Prednisone has been what allowed me to function throughout the years, in between different "Remittive Drugs". I started out on gold shots, as well as several oral drugs, including Methotrexate, Arava, etc. Currently I am on a weekly injection of Embrell. Right now I'm doing pretty well. My husband hurt his back and had 2 back surgeries and I am finding I am slowing down, can't maintain the upkeep on our place as I once did. I have a great Rheumatologist as well as an awesome family physician. They are both very good to me. I average 2-3 10mg Percocet a day, up from the last 5 years of 1-2 a day. I try to do all I can every day, which some days is not much. I miss my hobby of sewing more than anything else. Between the fingers getting harder to work and my declining eye sight, I've just taken a break. For npenman, I talk to myself, the dogs, etc many times a day
    In the last few months, my knees, especially my right one is showing out, can bend it down too low. I'm learning new ways to get up and down. and I have constant pain in the right side of my neck extending down to my shoulder blades, it's really causing me problems for me. But the pain pills and the Soma help with the pain and stiffness.
    This is my story, any advice is appreciated
    Gramma Becky

Everyones mom is offline New Member

I have had fibro for 17 years. I just was dx'd with psoriatic arthritis and I have severe migraines as well. My docs put me on cymbalta years ago for the fibro. It's been under control with that for 9 years. Then I was in a wreck almost two years ago that threw me into such a flare.. I haven't come out of it yet. However, my PCP upped my cymbalta to deal with the migraines I was having almost weekly or with weather changes. (In tx, you never know!! Lol).. Anyhow, that was a miracle lifesaver for my migraines. I still get them but not every blooming week. Maybe once or twice a month. The PSA is what sucks. But I promise you.. Cymbalta has been a lifesaver. For pain (24/7).. Causes secondary depression. Which the cymbalta also handles. Ask your doc. You can take it with just about anything else. But if nothin else, maybe get some relief.

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Everyones mom View Post
    I have had fibro for 17 years. I just was dx'd with psoriatic arthritis and I have severe migraines as well. My docs put me on cymbalta years ago for the fibro. It's been under control with that for 9 years. Then I was in a wreck almost two years ago that threw me into such a flare.. I haven't come out of it yet. However, my PCP upped my cymbalta to deal with the migraines I was having almost weekly or with weather changes. (In tx, you never know!! Lol).. Anyhow, that was a miracle lifesaver for my migraines. I still get them but not every blooming week. Maybe once or twice a month. The PSA is what sucks. But I promise you.. Cymbalta has been a lifesaver. For pain (24/7).. Causes secondary depression. Which the cymbalta also handles. Ask your doc. You can take it with just about anything else. But if nothin else, maybe get some relief.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion about this issue,What I want to ask is it helpful for those who are suffered with blood pressure problem?