What is the best generic brand of MS CONTIN
    shady-40 is offline New Member

Cool What is the best generic brand of MS CONTIN

I am looking for some opinions on the best generic for MS CONTIN! All opinions would be much appreciated. THANKS!!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Morphine is morphine the only difference is that more than one company manufactures a sustained or slow release version. The only difference is the amount or dose.If you take 100 mgs of ms caveontin twice a day then the generic version is the same......Dave

Darlene468 is offline Junior Member

Since generics can vary by as much as 20%, try to stay away from Mallinkrodt (hard b/c it's the cheapest and one of the worst) and Ethex. Endo and Watson are generally good generics. Activas/Amide is as well, but I'm not sure they make MS Contin. I might try to get your pharmacy to order Endo. But, double check....it can make a big difference in the level of pain relief! Some of the larger chain drugstores have agreements with the manufacturers - you can try calling around to find out what they usually carry.

It's best to try to develop a relationship with your pharmacist/pharmacy so that they are willing to order the brand (if it's on their list) that you want and use regularly. If you get used to a better generic and then have to take Mallinkrodt for a month, you may actually go thru mild wds b/c of the difference in the amt. of MSC in the pill. On the other hand, going from a ********py generic to a good one can feel like you have gotten a dose increase!

edbo1950 is offline New Member

Default generic for M S CONTIN

I take a generic for ms contin 30 mg ER made by WATSON I have heard they have had problems with company called ETHEX supposedly some of their batches had too much of the good stuff in it