Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Want off Suboxone
    Banze is offline New Member

Default Want off Suboxone

Ive got a question for all of you...how do you get off Soboxine safetly and w/p major pain/withdrawls?
    I checked myself into detox 2 weeks ago for an addiction to hydrocodone, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin you name it. Orginally I was given hydro for migraines due to a bad car accident I was in 7 years ago where I suffered major head trauma and a broken hip. Over the years I was pretty good about it, then I started using them recreationaly on the weekends with Soma, and Xanax, Valium. Then that turned into an everyday thing, and then for the last year it was a maintanence addiction, for those that dont know what that means, I had to take hydro everyday or I got sick, I never got high on it anymore no matter how much I took, I just had to take it almost like a vitmain daily to feel normal.
    So needless to say about a year of that, having multiple prescrptions, going to urgent care and the ER, lying, the wonderful internet RX sites, spending close to $600 on hydro a month I knew it had to stop. In detox, which SUCKED I was put on Suboxine, 2mg every four hours. At first it worked great, I mean it really worked but now out of detox and stil on it I want off. I dont feel very good on it, Im deppressed, irritable, and just yucky. My Dr wants me on it for months and says I am going to go through withdrawls when I come off, GREAT! whats the point?? Its like he switched one drug for another.
    In the future I still have to use Hydrocodone with Imitrex for my insane migraines, but NOT abuse it, and I know that is all on me. I know I cant take hydro with Suboxine or I will get really sick, right? Lucklily I havent had a migraine lately. But I really want off the Suboxine and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or could share their story of how they came off the stuff.
    At present I am on Suboxne 2 mg/4times a day, Buspar 15mg/twice a day Soma 350 mg/2 a day and Xanax .10 mg as needed. I really want off it all completly because I still dont feel normal and I read all these things about people coming off the pills and how great they feel and I am frustrated because I still feel like **** and Im sick of depending on pills to alter my mood. So any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dont get me wrong I think Suboxone is a great thing and it really helped me a lot in detox/through detox but I red up on it and people are on it for years, NO THANK YOU!! So before I get that hooked and dependent on the **** I would like to get myself off and my doctor is no help, either are my friends who tell me wait 18 hrs after my last dose and take Hydro for the withdrawls, HELLO what is the point, dont want to put myself in that cycle. Please help!

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

A lot of what you are feeling is probably not from the Suboxone, but from coming off the other drugs and two weeks is way to soon to get off of it altogether. I would say to follow your docs advice, he is trying to make this as easy for you as possible.

Yes, you will suffer some withdrawals from it, but they are usually milder than that from other narcotics, it is however still a narcotic so you had to know there would be some repercussions from taking it and then stopping it eventually.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Actually in my defense I had no idea what Suboxne was in Detox, my Dr did not explain it to me. when I got out I researched it online and then found out it had opiods in it, which I thought was retarted.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Well the reason they use it, even though it is an opiod is that it has less side effects and a gentler let down of withdrawals than other traditional opiods.

It also contains an opiod agonist so you can't take other opiods with it, which prevents someone taking it and still trying to abuse other drugs.

Traditional detox uses Methadone which is also very addictive and has severe withdrawal symptoms, almost as bad as the drugs people are trying to get off of, Suboxone is a much nicer one to use and much easier on people.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

scooterbug is offline New Member

Unfortunatley I know exactly what you are going through. I have been off suboxone now for 10 days or so. I only took it for 6 weeks or less. The first week I took one 8mg sl dose, by week two the docter prescribed me a total of 24mg/day. He told me the higher dose would be best, and said it didnt matter weather they were taken all at once or divided out. I noticed torwards the end of the six weeks I didnt feel like I needed them as much, I would take them less often, breaking them in halves or quarters. Tappering is the key, the longer you take them for the easier it is to do so. My docter too said that it was likely that I would be taking them for a long time. I guess it depends on the indivisual. As far as taking any narcotics at the same time as the suboxone isnt especially dangerous. Suboxone is actually a mixture of 2 differnt drugs (Buprenorphine/Narcan) They add the narcan (opiate receptor blocker) in order to prevent people from abusing it. So if your on suboxone, opiates will be useless for at least 72 hrs after the last dose of suboxone.
    It will get better but you will have to go through hell first. It takes time, not just a week or two but months. So dont be in a rush to get off the suboxone too fast. The withdrawls are supossidly one tenth as bad comparred to opiates alone. Personally I didnt think it was hard at all. Taking hydro for withdrawls would be absolutley @#$%&*! stupid! If you start feeling icky take a small amt of suboxone, remember it takes away the effects of withdrawl. Easier said than done. Yeah, your substituting one for another but at least you wont be spending out the ass! You think 600.00 is bad I know people who still have 160mg/day habits (oc), they are paying from 90 to 110 dollars a day!!! It's scary because they all started with vicodin aka hydro.
    Good luck! Just remember one day at a time.
    sweetpea602 likes this.

Well now my shrink has me on Seroquel, I think hes crazy! That is a drug for synorfornizia (SP) and bipolar disorder which I have neither, or have not been diganosed with either. I have had anxiety since Detox and he first put me on Buspar which didnt work and now he put me on this. I took one and it knocked me into next week, I got all groggy, spacey and totally out of it and slept like a log. He wants me to take it twice a day, how am I supposed to work? Does anyone have any idea why he put me on this? He said it was an anxiety medication but once I got home and looked it up and foudn out its for mania, bipolar and skzos I am kinda freaked out. Either he has no idea what he is doing or he is lying to me, but either way I am not pleased and am afraid of the medication. I am trying to stay off pills and he wont give me Xanax, but he he puts me on this, what is the deal? Any help??? Please, I am NOT or have never had any of these symptoms and it concerns me that my doctor has me on this medication.

littlepuppet2002 is offline New Member

I am curious if you have experienced constapation problems. I have been on suboxone for almost 7 months and it seems as though every couple weeks I get nausious to the point where I puke and have diarea. Before suboxone, I had a healthy bowel movement with almost once or twice a day. Since suboxone, it seems I move my bowels maybe once a week. I have a doctor appointment next week.

sack is offline Junior Member

[quote]Originally posted by Banze

Ive got a question for all of you...how do you get off Soboxine safetly and w/p major pain/withdrawls?
    I checked myself into detox 2 weeks ago for an addiction to hydrocodone, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin you name it. Orginally I was given hydro for migraines due to a bad car accident I was in 7 years ago where I suffered major head trauma and a broken hip. Over the years I was pretty good about it, then I started using them recreationaly on the weekends with Soma, and Xanax, Valium. Then that turned into an everyday thing, and then for the last year it was a maintanence addiction, for those that dont know what that means, I had to take hydro everyday or I got sick, I never got high on it anymore no matter how much I took, I just had to take it almost like a vitmain daily to feel normal.
    So needless to say about a year of that, having multiple prescrptions, going to urgent care and the ER, lying, the wonderful internet RX sites, spending close to $600 on hydro a month I knew it had to stop. In detox, which SUCKED I was put on Suboxine, 2mg every four hours. At first it worked great, I mean it really worked but now out of detox and stil on it I want off. I dont feel very good on it, Im deppressed, irritable, and just yucky. My Dr wants me on it for months and says I am going to go through withdrawls when I come off, GREAT! whats the point?? Its like he switched one drug for another.
    In the future I still have to use Hydrocodone with Imitrex for my insane migraines, but NOT abuse it, and I know that is all on me. I know I cant take hydro with Suboxine or I will get really sick, right? Lucklily I havent had a migraine lately. But I really want off the Suboxine and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or could share their story of how they came off the stuff.
    At present I am on Suboxne 2 mg/4times a day, Buspar 15mg/twice a day Soma 350 mg/2 a day and Xanax .10 mg as needed. I really want off it all completly because I still dont feel normal and I read all these things about people coming off the pills and how great they feel and I am frustrated because I still feel like **** and Im sick of depending on pills to alter my mood. So any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dont get me wrong I think Suboxone is a great thing and it really helped me a lot in detox/through detox but I red up on it and people are on it for years, NO THANK YOU!! So before I get that hooked and dependent on the **** I would like to get myself off and my doctor is no help, either are my friends who tell me wait 18 hrs after my last dose and take Hydro for the withdrawls, HELLO what is the point, dont want to put myself in that cycle. Please help!
    [quote Banze,u are on too much sub u need to be on 8mg. every 12hrs.am and pm then u start reducing after a week to 4mg. every 12hrs.for a week then 1/4 the same for 3 or 4 days then u stop u c the sub has 24mg. of naloxone an antagonist so u can't keep taking it and all that ****thats why u feel bad the worst thing u did was check into a rehab u go through their gastopo ways and **** u got to get stablized on something it is a detox drug but can carry over to maintenance better than up and down with all that **** do this stop taking any narcotic til u feel w/ds then take the sub,thats the way u do it and work your way down as I mentioned above,and for as w/ds u won't have any it takes along time for the naloxone to leave your body,as for as taking lortab with sub u can do it but u won't feel it til the naloxone get out of your body,suck it up Sack out~~~~~

sack is offline Junior Member

Little puppet how bout dropping your dose of sub,and start taking FIBER,COLON CLEANSE OR ULTIMATE CLEANSE OR Laci Le Beau dieters tea it will work over nite go to the nearest health food store,good luck let me know how it all came out HA HA Sack out~~~~~~~ start with Laci's first for ouick relief.

tktmartin3 is offline New Member

Hey I had been on suboxone for about 6 months and had tapered off to 1 mg a day. I recently tried to quit and by my third day i was extremely sick and missing work. I started using a small dose of percocet until I could see my doc. He know has put me on 2 mg of SUBUTEX, Does any one know if this will be any easier when it comes to quiting?

Oh and by the way the NARCAN in suboxone only has a half life of one hour and Bup. has a half life of 37 hours. That is why you do not feel bad right after quiting and it can take a couple days for W/D to kick in. When NARCAN is taken sublinguil, it has no effect. It only has a antagonistic effect if it is done intravenously. So don't let any one fool you, you can take other narcotics right after you last dose of suboxone.

dmich1169 is offline New Member

I am new here so "Hi" to everyone! I was addicted to pain pills for about 3yrs it got worse in the last year when I turned to oxycontins. Anyways I started Suboxone in April(over 6 months ago) and I just stopped taking it about a week ago. I did keep lowing my dosage until I was out about 1 or 2 days later the withdrawal symptoms starting kicking in. I feel like hell! Like when I had to feel before they give you your first dose of suboxone, you have to be in withdrawal for it to begin to work.
    I am about ready to start taking pain pills again or go back on Suboxone. The withdrawal is too much I have the sweats, chills, nausea, diarehea,restless legs, insomnia you name it. All I do is lay around most of the day wishing it would go away. And my therapist says "hang in there, it will pass!" But it doesnt feel that way. I feel worse than I did when I was taking the pain pills. Maybe I do need to stay on them for life, I don't know.

Does anyone else have familiar withdrawal symptoms from coming off of Suboxone?

AmyBreeze is offline Member

OK, now I am really scared after reading everyone's stories about coming off of Suboxone. My doctor says he's going to wean me off of the Suboxone in January. I have enough pills if I talk them normally, 8MGS a days, to last two months. So if I taper I can make it last longer. Some days I will only take 2 or 4 MG's not even thinking about it. So I don't see how tapering myself will hurt and it'll save me paying him $250.00 a month. Does anyone out there know the best way to taper? But again, after reading some of the post about coming off of Suboxone, I am a little scared. I am on Suboxone, and Colondine. I just really feel ready. I wasn't on hydro's for that long and didn't take a lot. No more than 10 5's a day at the most, but not everyday. I would go weeks sometimes without even having pills. I just don't want to go through the hell of withdrawl again. That was the purpose in doing this in the first place. Any advice? Anyone?

P.S. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. A lot going on.

P.S.S. I am still going to NA meetings. So that's a good thing and really helps.

AmyBreeze

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

The best advice I can give you Amy is to wean down slowly.Buprenorphene has a very long half life and some people only need to take it every other day.When you go to your doctor next ask him to order you the 2mg pills that way you can buy a pill cutter at the pharmacy and cut the 2mg pills into 4 .5 mg pieces.I would try and start your weaning by dropping to 4mgs right away and see how you feel after a couple weeks.If you feel ok then try dropping to 2 mgs.Remember it takes a full 5 days for your serum level to level out.So give it time.If you're ok at 2mgs then start using the 2 mg pills and cut them in half there by giving you two 1mg pieces.Try taking 1 mg for at least 1 week.If you feel ok then stay there for a couple weeks then drop to .5mgs.As long as you do this slowly and don't make drastic changes then it's not that bad.Good luck.....Dave

AmyBreeze is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by mpvt

The best advice I can give you Amy is to wean down slowly.Buprenorphene has a very long half life and some people only need to take it every other day.When you go to your doctor next ask him to order you the 2mg pills that way you can buy a pill cutter at the pharmacy and cut the 2mg pills into 4 .5 mg pieces.I would try and start your weaning by dropping to 4mgs right away and see how you feel after a couple weeks.If you feel ok then try dropping to 2 mgs.Remember it takes a full 5 days for your serum level to level out.So give it time.If you're ok at 2mgs then start using the 2 mg pills and cut them in half there by giving you two 1mg pieces.Try taking 1 mg for at least 1 week.If you feel ok then stay there for a couple weeks then drop to .5mgs.As long as you do this slowly and don't make drastic changes then it's not that bad.Good luck.....Dave
    Dave, thank you for writing back. Normally, my doctor does give me the two mgs to take 4 x's a day, but for some reason, the pharmacy this time gave me 8 mgs to be cut into 1/4's. I was so mad. I wished I would have looked before I left. I was not completley out so I could have waited until they ordered more if they were out of the twos. ANYWAY, I'll cut them up and then I have another presecption in my purse and when I fill them next month, I'll make sure it's the 2 mg again so I can do like you mentioned.

Thanks again Dave! [)]

lpchick is offline New Member

hi. ok i am here for some support/help. i just started my first dose of 8mg subutox (i actually cut it in half so i really only took 4mg) i am really nervous - nervous that im going to get sick, maybe that i didnt wait long enough from my last norco. the doctor told me to wait at least 24 to 36 hrs before i take my first inital dose of sub. i couldnt wait any longer - i waited like 22.5 hrs before i took my sub. i am addict to oxy, vicodin, percocet, norco, anything that would make me feel normal or high. if i was taking oxy 80mg, i would only take 1 throughout the day, or 10-15 vics a day and its been going like this for 2yrs!! what i fear the most is withdrawl. i have tried everything, tapering off, cold turkey, support groups and nothing has worked. i finally decided to really do something about it this time and found out about suboxone, found a doc (who has been donig this for 27yrs!! and has had success stories with sub) and i told him everything. he prescribed me 3 - 8mg subutox a day for a week, till my follow up appt. i know i am an addict to pain medication, but i read other peoples stories, i feel like my addiction may not be as bad as some others. but reading everyones stories, good and bad, it scares me. i just took my sub about 20 min ago and i am starting to feel ok. can someone maybe shed some light on their experience with sub?? i am so excited about getting clean and sober, because i there is way too much to life than living for a stupid f-ing pill!! i cant wait to conquer this world out there!! just cant wait to get there! any thoughts or words of advice would be appreciated. god bless!!

matthewb is offline Junior Member

Hey Amy give My dad a call they get you off drugs and remove all the deposits of toxins left over in your body through a spicific purification run down. They also give you some courses on handeling life, being happy and confronting the things that are causing addictions/pain in your life.

Detox and life repare
    1 800-505 5949 ext 701
    Active Rep (Gerry Baldwin)

its free call him.
    you can also contact me for any more information on it by email.

Matthew Baldwin
    http://www.cchr.com/
    Citizens Commission on Human Rights

Rando47 is offline New Member

As a certified buprenorphine physician I would recommend the following way to medically withdraw from your current level of Suboxone.

Decrease your total dose by 2mg/day each week. Once you are down to 2mg daily, the next decrease will be to decraese the 2mg to every
    other day. Then to every third day. Then stop.

Any withdrawal symptoms will most likely be psychologic in nature and NOT physiologic.

Buying the 8 mg. tabs is less expensive and a good pill cutter can quarter them for the 2 mg. dosing schedule.
    Good luck!

Rick Anderson, D.O.

sublingual is offline New Member

hey, reading for a while but have to join in. Im a 32 yr old w/m. on h for 10 yrs then methadone for 3 now 13 onths on suboxone. I amm 6 hrs short of a doctorate in pharmacology (can you beliueve it!) but have chosern separate paths because the obvious, I have chosen to maybe go into pharaceatical sales. but I also have a captains licence and have been runnning a boat. I just wanted to let you know I a not a dumbass, but I am reading a tremendous amount of MI INFOPRMATION. Suboxone has a 1./2 life of 72 hrs. That does not meen it will be out in a weak. The constapation problem...YOU MUST NOT HAVEHAD A BAD OPIOT PROB since the constapation is tremendously less on sub than even a "small" 20-40mg dose of oxycodone,hydrocodone, or meperdine. Do not use stiulants like senokote or ex lax, use oils, strait mineral oil is good, dont use bulk laxitives either that will be painfull. water and mineral oil and vagies. so if you got suboxone ?'s I have gotten off successfully and the 4 months l8ter got back on. But( I forget your name4) and I know you want off but (i have been to many detoxes) and your thinking is different there. If you are a real addict, of course you want off, are you willing to do what it takes. Peace to all, this is y first poast fro Charleston SC.[)]
    and to the DR who said "Posted - 01/29/2007 : 09:20:14
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As a certified buprenorphine physician I would recommend the following way to medically withdraw from your current level of Suboxone.

Decrease your total dose by 2mg/day each week. Once you are down to 2mg daily, the next decrease will be to decraese the 2mg to every
    other day. Then to every third day. Then stop.

Any withdrawal symptoms will most likely be psychologic in nature and NOT physiologic.............has no idea at all.

I ka hunt seammen 2 think so good on these here orange 8 milligram suboxone dohickies

sublingual is offline New Member

sacik...they don't make a .1o mg alprozalam (zanax) but./ don't take suboxone/bup to get off loratb, the withdrals are worse and longer.

I ka hunt seammen 2 think so good on these here orange 8 milligram suboxone dohickies

Jane44 is offline New Member

Amy, I feel for you...you have to taper down so slowly that you don't think you are going anywhere. I was put on suboxone after only 3 months of taking 8-10 vicodin a day - no more, no less. I have been on suboxone for two and a half years with two years of it trying to come off. Once I managed to come off for three weeks, and I had withrawal symptoms so had to go back on. From zero, due to fatigue, seizures (related to brain tumor), and feeling withdrawal every few days, I am now back on 12 mg.

my psych says that most docs don't believe that patients should come off the drug - in other words, once an addict, always an addict. I absolutely refute that throught process. If you need me to support you, contact me through this site and I will phone you all the time. Take care...

quote:Originally posted by AmyBreeze

OK, now I am really scared after reading everyone's stories about coming off of Suboxone. My doctor says he's going to wean me off of the Suboxone in January. I have enough pills if I talk them normally, 8MGS a days, to last two months. So if I taper I can make it last longer. Some days I will only take 2 or 4 MG's not even thinking about it. So I don't see how tapering myself will hurt and it'll save me paying him $250.00 a month. Does anyone out there know the best way to taper? But again, after reading some of the post about coming off of Suboxone, I am a little scared. I am on Suboxone, and Colondine. I just really feel ready. I wasn't on hydro's for that long and didn't take a lot. No more than 10 5's a day at the most, but not everyday. I would go weeks sometimes without even having pills. I just don't want to go through the hell of withdrawl again. That was the purpose in doing this in the first place. Any advice? Anyone?

P.S. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. A lot going on.

P.S.S. I am still going to NA meetings. So that's a good thing and really helps.

AmyBreeze
    cskellock

pixygirl0 is offline New Member

I am specifically writing to you because your speciality as a Suboxone doc, but others are welcome to respond. I am recently weaning off suboxone and have encounted a great deal of anxiety and confusion. I began Suboxone at the end of Febrary with a 12 mg dose. By mid May I dropped to 8 mg and mid June to 6 mg. Is it safe to drop to 4. It has been two weeks. I want to get off of the Suboxone as soon as possible and safely. I understand the conseqences of opiat detox and withdrawal, but with suboxone are the withdrawal symptoms honestly mosty psychological (cravings, anxiety, etc.)? How have your patients done with your method of administration for suboxone detox? Also, are there any other medications that aid in the Suboxone withdrawal?
    A large reason I would like to get off of it quickly (other that I wasn't planning to stay on it long to begin with) is that I have to get my widom teeth removed. I will be taking narcotics for that procedue. Do you have any suggestions of how I could be on Suboxone and go through with the prcedure? Would I just have to wait a coulpe of days without taking Suboxone? I would greatly appreciate any respone.

Thanks!!!

living a new Life! is offline New Member

I think you should wein yourself off the suboxone very slowly due to the withdrawl symptoms.I have been taking suboxone for over 2 years and have tried many times to get off it.And let me tell you from experience that the withdrawls are hell.Though I am taking the procedures now with my doctor to get me off of it and he is telling me that it is going take at least 6 to 8 months to fully get off of it.I take 8/2mg pill once a day.So I have had a surgery while on it and what I did was I quit taking it for about 3 days prior to the surgery and that really didn't help much but made a bigger difference than not stopping 3 days prior.So I wish you the best of luck and hope the best for your recovery!!

kevin9494 is offline Member

Default Suboxone

Banze,
    I too am on Suboxone 16mg daily. One 8mg in the AM and one 8mg in the PM. I agree that it is way too soon to get off the Suboxone.
    Do you realize all that you have been through becuz of Vicodin and you said that you were going to get back on it. You have to understand that you suffer from addicition and it is IMPOSSIBLE to take Vicodin like a normal person. Believe me when I say that is the biggest mistake you will ever make in your entire life.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Banze View Post

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I agree with Kevin.As addicts it's impossible for us to take quick acting opiates.Even if they are weak ones like vicodin, you end up taking handfulls at a time.You should stay on suboxone and let your brain return to it's normal chemical state were your producing lots of endorphins.Vicodin is ******************** anyway.....Dave

chicagosuxs is offline New Member
    I live in the middle of nowhereville illinois

Default i am feeling quite wierd detoxing off 16/mg's a day too!!!

hello everyone, i am a noob, i have been to various detoxes, many of them all over the country, getting off all kinds off ********************, no uppers, all downers, but i am feeling or I AM IN NEED OF ADVICE....
    PLEASE, some serious advice, i am taking 180/2mgs of xanax a day and clonodine .01/mgs one and a half same 180 a month, but i used to only take one 8/mg sub until i had tons of dental work done, now that i am done with the dental work, i went to my sub doc and they found out i am taking my xanax, they never want to treat my underlying anxiety, my brother is on xanax, my father is on it, my aunt is on it, i scored 98 out of 110 on the maximillion test (misspelled)...
    Now, i cut my dose from 16/mg a day to 8 mg a day i cut the 8 pill in 2 and try to take it when i am about to leave work and then when i am going to sleep, that worked now and i believe i am okay with my serum levels for staying at 8 a day, ---UPDATE--but now after dropping from the 8 mg a day to 4/mg a day after 2 weeks, its really making me feel wierd, the clonodine i was prescribed is a god sent, it is making me relaxed, now what advice would one give or how should i go about getting off this last leg of the detox???

i am really not sleeping much, but i have trazadone to help me sleep, i have been on that for years, but i need to know if i am going to fast or not, i want off fast, and it seems the other drugs are masking the side effects off w/d except that i feel just plain "wierd"....

i need to be on a schedule, its all over the place, i will take it the 4/mg now that i am struggling to stay on, so i can go lower, but i am only fresh off detox, i am done going back to my doc for reasons that they were mad i didn't tell them i was on xanax, and always have beem for many years now, its alot 2/mgs 4 times a day and 2 at night=180 a month, same with clonodine 1 and a half .01 mg 180 a month....

please can some get me on a suggested schedule, i had just filled my LAST script of 60 suboxone/ 8mgs/ twice a day, i cut that dose in half 2 weeks ago when i got it filled, which was on the 29th of august 2007...this forum seems old, i hope some reads this...

please help me witha quick get off schedulle so i dont freak out, i am an electrical engineer and its hard at work to focus, but my clonodine helps a real lot and i can still work....

Thank you kindly, i was on suboxone now for 5 years, and i was on methadone 220/mgs and this was the only place that would try to get me off, i was the 1st in the state to try, i even had a conference call with the sub reps for getting off that high of a dose, but i am done feeling like ******************** from the subs....

please let me know of a suggested schedule, i only have the one script left, thats why i am trying to get low fast, then level out, and with all the extra's just keep cutting those down into 2 then jump off... thats my plan in my head...but will it work, i am done with all that other ********************, i believe they claim it takes 5 years for you to get back to normal thinking patterns, i dont crave or want anything i am actually hating just thinking about opiates, i want off, and i just need some help...

thanx again, sorry i havent been sleeping, if i need to clarify, just PM me or get in touch with my at

whencanthisend@gmail.com

thanx-
    i trulu appreciate any help....

drugsintn is offline New Member

Unhappy I feel so sorry for you

I know exactly how you feel, but I have been trying for years to get off of Morphine, so I hate to tell you this, and I don't want you to lose hope, but I think you are probably like me, and you will never be able to get off all that ********************. And if you think you can get off Hydros, and still take them from time to time you are kidding yourself because that one little taste will take you right bac k where you started. I have tried everything, and I have 3 kids that I would do anything for. You won't be able to get off without withdrawal. Doesn't matter how you cut down.

drugsintn is offline New Member

obviously you have never been an addict. when you have been there then come crawling. no laxative or cleanse or whatever will help. absolutely will not help.

jwomiller is offline New Member

Default look up gastroparsis and suboxone

Quote Originally Posted by littlepuppet2002 View Post
    I am curious if you have experienced constapation problems. I have been on suboxone for almost 7 months and it seems as though every couple weeks I get nausious to the point where I puke and have diarea. Before suboxone, I had a healthy bowel movement with almost once or twice a day. Since suboxone, it seems I move my bowels maybe once a week. I have a doctor appointment next week.
    it will cause motitality problems. any opiates will unfortunately. Maybe taking a stool softener will help. I just wrote about suboxone. IF you like please read my thread it is misinformations on suboxone my name jwomiller@comcast.net. lots of luck to u.

stp411 is offline New Member

Default Need some Help...

I was taking Vic's (7.5mgs) about 10 per day for 1.5yrs. Got down to like 3 then started takin Suboxone. I was instructed to take 8mgs per day but from what I understand its hard to get off when you start that high. I have been taking roughly 1mg per day for about 2 weeks and I feel fine. Now I need to get off. Can anyone give me any advice??? what to do, what to get prepared for???

Thank You!!!

deleted11 is offline New Member

Default suboxone withdrawal

Hi--I've been there and back with addiction to opiates, tranquilizers and ECOH. I have been on suboxone for about six weeks, but at a much higher dose--24 mgs. a day. I do not think that you will experience serious dope sickness if you stop at a 1 mg. a day dose. But check with your doctor! The biggest mistakes I have made have been when I was self-medicating. A good friend of mine is going through withdrawal from long-term use of opiates for six herniated disks. She went cold turkey two weeks ago and still has the sweats, depression. My own experience in rehab is that withdrawal is a lengthy process, and that post-acute withdrawal syndrome is fact not fiction. If you feel rotten, do some research. At least you will know that you are not alone--sharing about it at meetings also helps.

thank you all for your input on this forum, it has been helping me out--
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-13-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast