Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Want off Suboxone
    Sub Victim is offline New Member

Default Re: Taper Plan

Hi Robert. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I saw your reply on the 6th, so it's been 4 days that I'm working on it. I dropped down to 8mg/day on the 6th. I was fine up until this morning. I'm starting to experiencing some light w/d symptoms; my knees hurt a little bit, I feel a little irritable etc. It's all pretty mild and tolerable Here's my main problem: it seems like once I drop down past a certain level of Suboxone for 5-7 days, I can feel my cravings and mental pre-occupation w/scoring opiates tickling me just a little. Not horrible cravings, but enough to distract me sometimes at work, or when I'm just hanging out at my house. I find that my mind just naturally drifts off in the direction of "maybe it'll be OK if I use just one 80mg tablet". When this happens, I usually take small doses of Sub, like 1-2 mg every half hour until the cravings are gone and my mind gets back under my own control. So I'm a little conflicted about coming off.

I want off b/c I'm tired of being under the opiate thumb and also b/c my Sub doc holds compulsory AA meetings at his office every Wed. I don't like AA/NA. I disagree with so much of the belief system that they force on me. I resent it so much when they tell me "unless I stay in AA/NA and work the steps, I'll never truly have recovery". Plus I hate the religious component. The Anonymous groups claim to be non-religious based, but most of the meeting I've attended were like church sermons.

So I'm concerned that I want off of suboxone for the wrong reasons. I'm willful and stubborn, so that could be part of my own mind working against me. I'm quite scared of the cravings coming back and I know that if I'm having some cravings, and then I have a bad day, I'm gonna pick up the opiates. I'll be honest, I probably haven't developed enough of a support group nor the skills necessary to deal with frustrating days, things, people w/out using. This is where the Suboxone really helps me b/c it fights off the cravings and the mental preoccupation.

So, that said, I'm interested in hearing your opinion (and others' opinions) on whether or not the risk I may be opening myself up to is worth getting off the suboxone just so I don't have to deal with my doc or AA/NA anymore. Thanks again Robert and thanks n advance to anybody who replies w/suggestions.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default Victim

Feeling the reduction physically on the fourth day is exactly why I wanted you to do this like I suggested before making a long range plan. The half life of suboxone usually catches up with itself about day four. I always use four days as a measuring tool throughout a suboxone taper. So this gives me a better idea as to how you will react. You still need to do this very slowly and stay in touch. You are kind of jerking yourself mentally over going back out and using. So we need to communicate to make sure that doesn't happen and you are still successful getting down the dose.

Let me say here that I would obviously rather see someone taking suboxone long term than scoring opiates. It's definitely a lesser of two evils. Suboxone is a great medication but it isn't a miracle. It's only medication. We still have to change the way we approach life if we are going to stay clean. People do relapse every day while they have full bottles of suboxone. The suboxone makes this easier on us but we still have to work a recovery program of some kind be it NA, AA, church or whatever floats your boat. That is a personal matter. Makes no difference to me but you have to focus on not using and do that part of the work yourself or you won't stay clean. It doesn't matter if you take 100mg of suboxone. If you want to use opiates you will find a way to do it.

I personally think the story about all addicts being predisposed to a chemical imbalance and similar stories are a cop out. I really think the are. I think we are told all of this garbage by people who want us to think they have us figured out mentally when in reality they don't know jack. If they really had us figured out they would have us all cleaned up in a flash. I know we have cravings and we are in the habit mentally of putting something either in our mouth all day like pills, or in the arm for junkies or whatever. That part of this problem suboxone is not going to fix. Not at any dose. That is why it's suggested to work some kind of a recovery program. What I used may not be the route you want to take. I would never push my program on anyone else. You have to decide what you want and move forward. I would point out though that if you haven't worked, not just attended but worked, a good recovery program you will find that unless you approach it with an open mind it will never work. Very few people enter recovery full of enthusiasm. It takes time for most people to come around to changing the way they think.

I think you are exactly correct when you say that you lacking in the required social skills for long term success at this point. We are all lacking social skills for recovering when we are at the place you find yourself today. But we don't just resign ourselves to a life of drugs (be it opiates or suboxone) because we are lacking something. We learn some skills.

You may want to try being a little more open minded at this point. I was totally against recovery when I detoxed the first time from mass quantities of oxy. I told the rehab to just detox me and I would be on my way home. Little did I realize that this was only the first step in the process. It took me a few years to change the way I thought and I am not a dummy. Neither are you. Just think about what I am saying logically. Your best choices got you here all screwed up on opiates. Maybe someone else just MIGHT have a better way than what you have been doing. There really is nothing to lose but a very bad habit.

Back to this detox and enough preaching. You dropped from over 20mg to 12mg and then knocked off another 4mg pretty quickly. Lets make sure you are stable. I want you to take 12mg today, then 8mg tomorrow again. Jump back and forth like this through the weekend. Weds .. 12mg. Thurs .. 8mg. Fri .. 12mg. Sat .. 8mg. Sun .. 12mg. Then lets talk again over the next couple days. I bet this will smooth you out. If it doesn't then I assure you that what you are feeling is mental. Otherwise what I suggest will work.

The good thing about suboxone is that we can always switch things up like I just suggested. If you are really feeling symptoms from reducing the suboxone, and you very well may be doing just that, then doing what I just said will allow for the half life to get back under control over the next several days. Plus you will be ready then to drop down next week to 8mg with no problems. But this week we are finding out exactly how YOU react to this. Doesn't matter how everyone else does it. You need to do this the way that works for you. That is why I have a problem with people, including some drs, who think that this is a one-size-fits-all deal. You have to do this on a case by case basis. We will know over the rest of this week pretty much how you are going to react. Stay in touch. This will work. Don't get uptight and lose confidence. If you want off the suboxone it can happen without relapsing. Just stick with me on this and shoot straight. Tell me exactly what is happening so we can make the correct adjustments as you move forward. Good luck and God bless.

Oh yes. Just thought of something to add. This will help with the part where you are wanting to take small extra 1-2mg doses during the day. Don't do that. It's a total waste of time if you dose like I will suggest. This will also help as you get down to smaller doses in the process of tapering off. I want you to split the daily dose that I suggested into two even doses. Take one dose as soon as you get up and the other late afternoon or very early evening. So on 8mg days take two 4mg doses. On 12mg days take two 6mg doses. You will have to guesstimate to get the 6mg dose accurate but it isn't hard. You won't have any trouble. Later.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-10-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Sub Victim is offline New Member

Default re: taper plan

Robert,
    I want to thank you for such an honest and straight-forward response. I wish I could find such quality communication in face-to-face treatment settings. You've presented some factors and suggestions that deserve nothing less from me than genuine, open-minded consideration. Down through the years, I've basically always subscribed to "the world according to me" type of thinking, and followed it to multiple jails and hospitals. Clearly there is still more work that I can/need to do. Perhaps I've been expecting the sub doc and the meetings to do this work for me. I'm probably expecting too much from the subs, the doc and the meetings to figure it all out for me and fix me and make my life clean.

I do want to be honest and I have no problem admitting that when it comes to the NA/AA or traditional treatment settings, I probably don't go into the meetings with much of an open mind. In fact I'm sure that I let my own prejudices get in the way of having an open mind and open ears to other view points about the AA/NA type of premises and tenets. There is a possibility that I have not given them a genuinely honest chance to work for me. I get defensive in meetings b/c I haven't completely realized/admitted that I'm "powerless" over my addiction and "surrendered" to it such that I may receive a truly supportive message. My mind just goes automatically into debate mode at meetings and I end up arguing with people over lesser issues that are peripheral to the larger meaning of recovery.

Maybe I haven't truly taken a good, long, honest look in the mirror. I still blame other people and things for problems of my own making and don't really take responsibility for my own feelings. Rather, I usually say "so and so, or this or that made me feel x, y, z and that's why I'm using drugs. It's not my fault!" Hell, even the nickname I chose....I'm calling myself a victim. Reality is, I'm no victim.

Your words about me possibly approaching recovery with a more open mind and considering recovery processes other than my own are as helpful to me as the taper plan you've laid out for me. And, let me thank you for your time and effort in thinking about that plan for me and the advice you've shared with me regarding tapering. I really appreciate you taking the time to type it all up and share a really meaningful reply with me. I'll begin addressing your dosing instructions right away.

SubVic

sissy0926 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by teresa1 View Post
    Wow, I have been on sub for going on 6 days. I do think it is a miracle drug BUT I hate the way it makes me feel. Very weird, exhausted, just not myself. I planned on coming off of it with in 2 weeks, because my friend just went thru rehab and thats what they gave her and she said it was no problem to come off. in fact she came off 2 days early cuz she hated the way it made her feel too. But my doc wants me on it for "a few months". reading all of this makes me feel like it will probably b longer! But my first Rx says take 1/2 tablet 5x's a day for one week then 4x's a day for one week. They r 8mgs. So, maybe he will wean me off like that, per week. I have been having to take a quarters though. and i'm all confused about how much and all. I'm having to be secretive about the whole thing. No one knows about my addiction or the suboxone treatment! So, I haven't had time to sit and think how many times a day and how to taper. Anyway, just wanted to share my story on the subject, hope to give some hope to someone!
    Dazed and confused,
    teresa1
    wow....ive been reading all theese threads and you sound exactly like me. my dr gave me loratab 10/500 6 years ago for my migraine headaches....and over the last 6 years i slowly built up a talerance and took more and more....not to get high just to feel better or normal.....i was up to about 15 to 20 a day.....it was the first thing i thought about when i woke up and the last thing on my mind when i closed my eyes at night....i spent every min of the day wondering how i was gonna get enough to not get sick so i wouldnt miss work or loose my job...my family went through alot because of me.....growing up i was always the good girl...i never ever did drugs when i was younger i was to scared i would see things lol i was weird about it.....i guess now im thankful because if i can become so addicted to the tabs no telling what would have happened had i tried any other drugs....ive spent many nights crying feeling helpless but every time i tried to stop i couldnt take the w/d symtoms......i was looking online one day to try and find some help and came across the suboxone did some research and found a dr in the next town. I went on 11/18/08and i had to be in w/d 24 hours to start the program...i thought i was gonna die.....but i made it there within one hour of starting the suboxone i felt better....the dr started me out on 8mg once a day and after the third day i felt like a zombie i hate the way it makes me feel. but then it is amazing to me how it is working....how i havent even craved or wanted a tab at all....(still trying to figure out how it works) lol......that third day i cut my dose to 6 mg i just couldnt take the feeling and was having a hard time working....the program im on is a two month program i guess he cuts the dose down slowly and have to go to a group meeting as well. i have to say this is the first time ive felt hope in a few years of having my life back....but after reading alot of theese threads im scared........

Default sissy

Don't be afraid of the suboxone. It's not a bad medication, it just has to be taken the right way for the right amount of time. I am available if I can help you in any way.

I would suggest that you go to either the Need To Talk or the Featured Conditions category and start a new thread just for you. Your posts will get lost here in this thread and category. Not many people really read much on The Latest Drug Related News. Start another thread and you will get lots of replies. I will be watching for you. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by genxprof View Post
    Hi--I've been there and back with addiction to opiates, tranquilizers and ECOH. I have been on suboxone for about six weeks, but at a much higher dose--24 mgs. a day. I do not think that you will experience serious dope sickness if you stop at a 1 mg. a day dose. But check with your doctor! The biggest mistakes I have made have been when I was self-medicating. A good friend of mine is going through withdrawal from long-term use of opiates for six herniated disks. She went cold turkey two weeks ago and still has the sweats, depression. My own experience in rehab is that withdrawal is a lengthy process, and that post-acute withdrawal syndrome is fact not fiction. If you feel rotten, do some research. At least you will know that you are not alone--sharing about it at meetings also helps.

thank you all for your input on this forum, it has been helping me out--

genxprof

You are currently likely taking about three times as much suboxone as you need right now. You will end up regretting the amount. I am a proponent of subs, but doing it properly. Your dr is giving you the wrong info. If you want some help that will make this workable let me know before you end up with a worse problem than you began with. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

emplate77 is offline New Member

Default suboxone

Hello everyone. I am 25 years old and have been on and off >>>>>> for the past 12 years now. Been in and out of atleast 15 treatment centers and psywards and just got out of prison in 2006 for possession. did a two year stunt. anyways, i have been on methadone maintence which i kicked in jail, horrible!!! i have now been on suboxone for 2 months and 2 days. i started taking 12 mg, then 8mg then 6 then 4 then 2 then crumbs. now i am down to nothing and it has only been a day and its just cramps and sweating and this is day one. either way, you aren't going to beat withdrawl. i want to get off this ******** sooo bad. i have a 7 month year old daughter and am so afraid of feeling like ******** and relapsing. is there anything that anyone knows will help. is it easier to get off of opiates than suboxone? last time i was on this ******** i went into withdrawl for like 10 days. ugh. i am not excited about this and i can't afford to go in anywhere. i have 8mg pills and i have 8 left. i really dont want to continue but i know i have to start sometime and soon. no one can watch the baby for me during the day and i don't want to be irritable around here. can anyone help? i have xanax and percs but they just make me sleep and i dont want to get back on opiates

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by emplate77 View Post
    Hello everyone. I am 25 years old and have been on and off >>>>>> for the past 12 years now. Been in and out of atleast 15 treatment centers and psywards and just got out of prison in 2006 for possession. did a two year stunt. anyways, i have been on methadone maintence which i kicked in jail, horrible!!! i have now been on suboxone for 2 months and 2 days. i started taking 12 mg, then 8mg then 6 then 4 then 2 then crumbs. now i am down to nothing and it has only been a day and its just cramps and sweating and this is day one. either way, you aren't going to beat withdrawl. i want to get off this ******** sooo bad. i have a 7 month year old daughter and am so afraid of feeling like ******** and relapsing. is there anything that anyone knows will help. is it easier to get off of opiates than suboxone? last time i was on this ******** i went into withdrawl for like 10 days. ugh. i am not excited about this and i can't afford to go in anywhere. i have 8mg pills and i have 8 left. i really dont want to continue but i know i have to start sometime and soon. no one can watch the baby for me during the day and i don't want to be irritable around here. can anyone help? i have xanax and percs but they just make me sleep and i dont want to get back on opiates
    We would like to help you if possible.Is there any way that you can get more suboxone so that we could do a proper taper? There is a way to do this if you can get your hands on some more sub.Let us know if that is a possibility.

no i cant get anymore. i am down to like tiny crumbs, like the smallest you can possibly crush the pills. why would i need more. i dont want to go up on my dose. 8 pills could last me 8 weeks, i just want to be done with it. what were you getting at though?

no i cant get anymore. i am down to like tiny crumbs, like the smallest you can possibly crush the pills. why would i need more. i dont want to go up on my dose. 8 pills could last me 8 weeks, i just want to be done with it. what were you getting at though?
    I was just thinking we could re induct you "since you are feeling so bad" and use the tapering method that worked for some of us on this forum.Are you sure you did not taper to fast? I mean no offense here.Just trying to help.MM

oh i know you guyz are trying to help, thats why i posted my thing. i am just having the chills and i can't seem to stop taking a little crumb. do you think it is just psychological? cuz how does a itty bitty crumb help throughout the whole day? how long were you on suboxone?? congrats on the 143 days clean. what did you detox off of?? my doctor is too expensive and i can't afford to keep going. i wanted to do it as fast as i could and he said it was possible. i took each mg for 2 weeks then tapered down to the next till i got where i am at. everything went smooth until now and now i can't seem to just jump off. this really sucks, or maybe i am weak?? did you feel any withdrawl? wouldn't it be easier to detox off opiates in like 4 days then be on this stuff forever it seems and still have to go through withdrawl?? i am soooo confused. i can't sleep unless i eat a xanax and i wake up covered in sweat. ugh!!

oh i know you guyz are trying to help, thats why i posted my thing. i am just having the chills and i can't seem to stop taking a little crumb. do you think it is just psychological? cuz how does a itty bitty crumb help throughout the whole day? how long were you on suboxone?? congrats on the 143 days clean. what did you detox off of?? my doctor is too expensive and i can't afford to keep going. i wanted to do it as fast as i could and he said it was possible. i took each mg for 2 weeks then tapered down to the next till i got where i am at. everything went smooth until now and now i can't seem to just jump off. this really sucks, or maybe i am weak?? did you feel any withdrawl? wouldn't it be easier to detox off opiates in like 4 days then be on this stuff forever it seems and still have to go through withdrawl?? i am soooo confused. i can't sleep unless i eat a xanax and i wake up covered in sweat. ugh!!
    I was eating about 20 10mg lorcets a day for a few years.I was on suboxone for about 5 weeks.A crumb of suboxone is actually pretty strong.Have you tried skipping days yet? One option for you would be to take a crumb every other day for a week and then skip 2 days for a week or so and then skip 3 days a couple times and then bite the bullet.I think you are probably still physically addicted at this point.As I said a crumb is still pretty strong.It was easier for me to use sub.I tried to taper and w/d from the hydros but I failed every time. I felt no physical w/d from the sub.I did struggle mentally for about a month after I got clean.NA meetings helped me with that.I really think you should try skipping days.It will be tough at first but you don't want to just run out of sub while you are taking it everyday.That would really suk.

i haven't tried that yet! thats a good idea. how strong is a crumb? its like not even the size of half of one mg, its like a 4th of that, and it still helps me through the day, thats crazy! i guess today i wont take anything!!! and see how that goes. thanks alot for all your help!

i haven't tried that yet! thats a good idea. how strong is a crumb? its like not even the size of half of one mg, its like a 4th of that, and it still helps me through the day, thats crazy! i guess today i wont take anything!!! and see how that goes. thanks alot for all your help!
    Skipping 1 day at a time for a while then 2,then 3 etc is not going to be easy, but I think this is your best option, and will make this a lot easier than just stopping suddenly.Let me know how you do.Stay strong and determined ! MM

yeah i threw away the perc's, those will just bring me down. i got some calcium magnesium with apple cider vinegar. it is suppose to help with anxiety, relax the nervous system and do alot more. i guess when you take any substances, your body depletes your calcium and magnesium which makes you depressed and everything else, so maybe it will help alittle. can't hurt. it is in the scientology detox book. no i am not a scientologist!!

That's good to know you aren't basing getting clean on any silly scientology scams. They've been talking their garbage for years about this subject. Obviously everyone uses their methods as they are SOOOOO effective. What a joke. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-14-2009 at 06:45 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

DBNR90 is offline New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. Im not sure exactly what I am supposed to say here. My friends have been telling me that I should go to counselling and try NA meetings. Im too ashamed to go to a meeting and dont think I have a 'problem' with drugs but I do have a couple of questions. I have been doing opiates everyday besides the few days I cant seem to get any for the past few months. Opiates have always been my drugs of choice but Ive seem to do them more and more overr time. Its been an everyday thing since I stumbled upon a Fentenyol Patch 3 months ago.. Ever since then my tolerence for opiates has skyrocketted. This I know to be a bad thing expecially because of the type of high that I enjoy. Since the patches, perks dont really do it for me and I have had to move on to methedone and suboxone. I cant seem to find anymore pathches, which I am somehwhat grateful for right now, besides the fact they are my craving. Anyways, what I was getting to is that I am towrds the end of my withdrawles and Im not sure I can do it anymore. I am miserable and feel absolutley worthless without them. I hate everything including life and myself without them, even when they are cleaned out of my system, blah blah blah.

What can I do to ease this pain? I want to stay off them but I need some type of high right now like that I just need something.. Opiates fixed everything for me and without them I live in a mess. With them the only mess i have is wasting money on itt nd destroying my body, but to me its money well spent and a goodtime where i can truely be myself.

-DBNR

Quote Originally Posted by DBNR90 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. Im not sure exactly what I am supposed to say here. My friends have been telling me that I should go to counselling and try NA meetings. Im too ashamed to go to a meeting and dont think I have a 'problem' with drugs but I do have a couple of questions. I have been doing opiates everyday besides the few days I cant seem to get any for the past few months. Opiates have always been my drugs of choice but Ive seem to do them more and more overr time. Its been an everyday thing since I stumbled upon a Fentenyol Patch 3 months ago.. Ever since then my tolerence for opiates has skyrocketted. This I know to be a bad thing expecially because of the type of high that I enjoy. Since the patches, perks dont really do it for me and I have had to move on to methedone and suboxone. I cant seem to find anymore pathches, which I am somehwhat grateful for right now, besides the fact they are my craving. Anyways, what I was getting to is that I am towrds the end of my withdrawles and Im not sure I can do it anymore. I am miserable and feel absolutley worthless without them. I hate everything including life and myself without them, even when they are cleaned out of my system, blah blah blah.

What can I do to ease this pain? I want to stay off them but I need some type of high right now like that I just need something.. Opiates fixed everything for me and without them I live in a mess. With them the only mess i have is wasting money on itt nd destroying my body, but to me its money well spent and a goodtime where i can truely be myself.

-DBNR

What do you expect us to say? I mean "it's money well spent and a good time where you can truly be yourself." What else could a person ask for?

You're miserable without drugs, you need some kind of high right now .... this is all a direct quote from your post. You don't want to go to recovery meetings. I think that you should just continue to use drugs. Perhaps before you die you will realize what you're doing to yourself and make some constructive changes. Until you do that you're going to continue doing what you want to. So why even bother to post? I don't understand anything whatsoever about your post. Have no idea what you are trying to say or what you expect anyone to tell you. Do you expect someone here to try to talk you into getting straight? I don't think so. You're an adult, make some adult choices or else continue to play. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-14-2009 at 11:25 PM.

mitchigan is offline Member

Default ThINK AGAIN!

I just carefully read your post and I'd like to make an observation.

Percs
    Suboxin
    Skyrocketing
    Methadone
    Freinds concerned
    Fentanyl
    Ashamed

Exactly what do you think constitutes a drug problem?

mitchigan is offline Member

Default Chapter 2

...and a few more to add in:

craving
    withdrawl
    hate
    miserable
    worthless
    mess
    destroying
    bad

This is about one paragraph in your own words...I think you need to re-evaluate!
    Last edited by mitchigan; 02-14-2009 at 11:37 PM.

DBNR90 is offline New Member

No I did not expect to be talked into being 'straight'. Im not too sure where that idea derrived from. I was merely asking what drugs could ease the pain and keep me on a simillar high for the time being untill I was able to kick it all together. Right now I have just been drinking as a crutch. Obviously, this doesnt help much. I dont belong in revovery I am nothing like the people who go to NA meetings, I would feel as if the spot I was sitting in could be used for someone who needs it so much more than I do. Why would I take up a seat when someone needs it more than me? Those words that 'constitute' a drug problem they could just also just be a depression problem, not just a drug problem. Im NOT saying I have either I was just throwing it out there. Michigan you did have a good point though, I cant seem t believe that I would have a drug problem but what you said is sticking to me...

Quote Originally Posted by DBNR90 View Post
    No I did not expect to be talked into being 'straight'. Im not too sure where that idea derrived from. I was merely asking what drugs could ease the pain and keep me on a simillar high for the time being untill I was able to kick it all together. Right now I have just been drinking as a crutch. Obviously, this doesnt help much. I dont belong in revovery I am nothing like the people who go to NA meetings, I would feel as if the spot I was sitting in could be used for someone who needs it so much more than I do. Why would I take up a seat when someone needs it more than me? Those words that 'constitute' a drug problem they could just also just be a depression problem, not just a drug problem. Im NOT saying I have either I was just throwing it out there. Michigan you did have a good point though, I cant seem t believe that I would have a drug problem but what you said is sticking to me...

There is NOTHING that will keep you high and help you at the same time. Once you get off narcotics things like ibuprofen, naproxen, etc will work even though I realize they don't right now. You're now taking scheduled narcotics so that is all that will work while you continue to do that. Addiction is painful in itself. Once you get off the pain pills you will feel better.

You would NOT be taking a seat at an NA meeting that someone else needs. They have plenty of seats. I do realize that you're very unique and nothing like "those addicts" at a recovery meeting. After all you're only wanting something to help keep you high while dealing with your pain until you figure out how to "kick it all together." Doesn't sound at all like someone who needs a meeting to me either.

If you have a depression problem rather than a drug problem then perhaps you should be seeking help of psych dr rather than asking drug questions. Take it how you choose to take it, I'm here to help people deal with the reality of their drug problem, not just tell people that "everything will be ok, don't worry about anything." I speak reality. I'm not here to agree with people who are obviously blinded by their problem.

You're being totally unrealistic and you sound EXACTLY like an addict that belongs in a meeting. You are right though in that it would do you NO good whatsoever because you refuse to admit that you're just like everyone else who has a drug problem. You're nothing unique at all. You only see THOSE people at the meetings as the addicts rather than yourself. There is nothing anyone can do for you until you're willing to admit your powerlessness over your addiction. You are obviously an addict whether you see it or not. I really do wish you the best of luck even if you don't believe me. God bless.

checkinpills is offline New Member

Default Can you overdose on Suboxone??

I've heard so many different stories so its getting to the point where I don't believe anything I hear. Does anyone know if you can OD on Suboxone?

Quote Originally Posted by checkinpills View Post
    I've heard so many different stories so its getting to the point where I don't believe anything I hear. Does anyone know if you can OD on Suboxone?

Yes you can absolutely OD from suboxone. It contains buprenorphine which is a strong opiate. You most certainly can OD from taking too much. God bless.

clangrant is offline New Member

Smile detox bath works great

hi all- i have weaned myself to where i make one 8 mg pill last about 1 & 1/2 weeks, i take a 1/4 of 1/4 a pill a day. on sundays i take this detox bath i got from a holistic practtioner. and on mondaus i feel like a million bucks.
    take 1 qt rewine vinegar, 1 lb ebson salts, 1/2 ounce of crushed fennugreek and 1 lb fresh ginger. grate the ginger and boil it with the fennugreek herb them add that to the hottest bath you can take with the eb salt & vinegar all mixed in. soak for 15 min to 1/2 hour and the ******** comes pouring out of you.
    i take it one step further and after rinsing off i have the bathroom heat to max like a steam room i then fill the sink with hot water and soak my hands and the rest of the ******** comes sweating off of you all over your body. do this for 10-15 min. this mix in the bath draws all of the toxins out.
    it works great. i am trying to get off totally soon but so busy with work i cant miss a beat so will do 3 or so baths a week.
    i have a queston for anybody who knows. i sometimes feel tired and out out of sorts- not like witdrawels. is this a side affect of suboxene. i am not with a dr and doing this on my own after presricp addition. i use to be full of energy and have great mental clarity and wake up in the am in a mini fog. i take my subox at about 5:30 am then go back to sleep then wake up for the day. any advice
    many thanks

johnnyblazer is offline New Member

Default why seroquel?

Quote Originally Posted by Banze View Post
    Well now my shrink has me on Seroquel, I think hes crazy! That is a drug for synorfornizia (SP) and bipolar disorder which I have neither, or have not been diganosed with either. I have had anxiety since Detox and he first put me on Buspar which didnt work and now he put me on this. I took one and it knocked me into next week, I got all groggy, spacey and totally out of it and slept like a log. He wants me to take it twice a day, how am I supposed to work? Does anyone have any idea why he put me on this? He said it was an anxiety medication but once I got home and looked it up and foudn out its for mania, bipolar and skzos I am kinda freaked out. Either he has no idea what he is doing or he is lying to me, but either way I am not pleased and am afraid of the medication. I am trying to stay off pills and he wont give me Xanax, but he he puts me on this, what is the deal? Any help??? Please, I am NOT or have never had any of these symptoms and it concerns me that my doctor has me on this medication.

Wow....this story sounds EXACTLY like mine. I have experienced anxiety for most of my life....I was put on Klonopin for it and it worked "okay"....but once I discovered opiates, my anxiety was cured! After going into detox and rehab, I had to see a counselor for 7 weeks. He put me on Seroquel because my anxiety was so bad after being off of the opiates and klonopin. He also put me on 225 mg of Effexor XR for depression/anxiety. By taking 50 mg of Seroquel at night before bed and the Effexor in the morning, I started to feel REALLY good each day. The Seroquel knocked me out for days, though, when I first started taking it!!! It was horrible the next day if I didn't get enough sleep the night before.....I can't imagine taking it without going to sleep immediately! I don't know why they gave it to me because of what u said....skitzo and bipolar, but I know that it helps to stabilize my mood...so it works for me. I have gotten tolerant of the 50 mg and am ready to bump it up to 100 so that I can start to feel GREAT again....it really makes me feel amazing, without any type of "buzz" or "high". I am also on Suboxone and trying to wean down....my dr wanted to ween 2 mg at a time but i didn't have the money, so i went from 16 to 8 to 4....then just whenever i felt i needed it, but i was taking minimal amounts....last Friday I made the mistake of taking the rest that I had left (about 4 mg) and on Sunday was feeling the withdrawal badly....Sunday and Monday I had HORRIBLE anxiety (even though I am on Seroquel and Effexor) and I was extremely restless....my arms and legs were jacked up. I had a script for more Suboxone, so I went and picked up 10 8-mg tablets and I'm going to go from there.....anyone have any great suggestions on how to ween with that amount? I've been taking 16 mg for about 6 months, 8 mg for 3 weeks, 4 mg for about 2 weeks, then just took it whenever i felt the withdrawal...like 2 mg....for about 2 weeks.....I'm unsure what to do at this point.

It's not uncommon at all for drs to put patients on seroquel for anxiety vs a benzo when using suboxone. It's a safer drug combination. Lots of drugs get used for off label reasons. God bless.

member123 is offline New Member

hi Robert ,i have cut 8mg of suboxone a week for last 4 weeks.i started with 8 mg a day,down to 24mg a week,i see my doc tommorow.i am feeling like ....... anyway can you help me get clean thanks member123

You're between 3mg-4mg per day right now after a month of using the subs from 8mg per day which is just a little more aggressive than where you should be.

You want to go four days without having any w/d symptoms and then reduce your daily dose by only 25%. But don't reduce again until you feel good. That will help you a lot I promise. If you have any questions ask. God bless.
    sookie3 likes this.

alpraz9494 is offline New Member

Default Banze????

Quote Originally Posted by Banze View Post
    Ive got a question for all of you...how do you get off Soboxine safetly and w/p major pain/withdrawls?
    I checked myself into detox 2 weeks ago for an addiction to hydrocodone, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin you name it. Orginally I was given hydro for migraines due to a bad car accident I was in 7 years ago where I suffered major head trauma and a broken hip. Over the years I was pretty good about it, then I started using them recreationaly on the weekends with Soma, and Xanax, Valium. Then that turned into an everyday thing, and then for the last year it was a maintanence addiction, for those that dont know what that means, I had to take hydro everyday or I got sick, I never got high on it anymore no matter how much I took, I just had to take it almost like a vitmain daily to feel normal.
    So needless to say about a year of that, having multiple prescrptions, going to urgent care and the ER, lying, the wonderful internet RX sites, spending close to $600 on hydro a month I knew it had to stop. In detox, which SUCKED I was put on Suboxine, 2mg every four hours. At first it worked great, I mean it really worked but now out of detox and stil on it I want off. I dont feel very good on it, Im deppressed, irritable, and just yucky. My Dr wants me on it for months and says I am going to go through withdrawls when I come off, GREAT! whats the point?? Its like he switched one drug for another.
    In the future I still have to use Hydrocodone with Imitrex for my insane migraines, but NOT abuse it, and I know that is all on me. I know I cant take hydro with Suboxine or I will get really sick, right? Lucklily I havent had a migraine lately. But I really want off the Suboxine and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or could share their story of how they came off the stuff.
    At present I am on Suboxne 2 mg/4times a day, Buspar 15mg/twice a day Soma 350 mg/2 a day and Xanax .10 mg as needed. I really want off it all completly because I still dont feel normal and I read all these things about people coming off the pills and how great they feel and I am frustrated because I still feel like **** and Im sick of depending on pills to alter my mood. So any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dont get me wrong I think Suboxone is a great thing and it really helped me a lot in detox/through detox but I red up on it and people are on it for years, NO THANK YOU!! So before I get that hooked and dependent on the **** I would like to get myself off and my doctor is no help, either are my friends who tell me wait 18 hrs after my last dose and take Hydro for the withdrawls, HELLO what is the point, dont want to put myself in that cycle. Please help!
    Hey Benze,

You need to be really careful taking xanax, valium or any other benzodiazipines with Suboxone. I too am in the same boat as yourself. I've been on 8mg of suboxone 2X dialy. Plus I get 1mg ox xanax 3x daily. The good thing is that sometimes when taking the xanax I totally forget about taking my suboxone and feel no different. However, now I am fearing that I am addicted to the xanax. I am in the process of tapering down my suboxone to 3 half's of the 8mg pieces 3x daily. I've been doing this so long that I almost have a whole prescrition extra.
    Good Luck to you.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast