Tramadol and Alcohol
    Tman7Deuce is offline New Member

Default Tramadol and Alcohol

Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

CDenton is offline New Member

number one u do not drink with that medication.. tramadol can cause serious stomache and liver problems.. two it will only increase the effects of alcohol, and lead to septic poisoning or alcohol poisoning.. please think twice before u combine these two substances. i have seen ppl having their stomaches pump through an NG tube and it is not pretty.

CDenton RN-IV

CDenton is offline New Member

no it will not increase your blood alcohol level, just the effects of the alcohol such as dizziness, blurred vison, ect.

CDenton RN-IV

davidwarn is offline New Member

[deleted - spam]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-21-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It doesn't matter where you buy it or who says it's okay to do, you're screwing with your life mixing very much alcohol with very much tramadol. That is the truth. If it's worth it to risk your life, go for it. I think it's a stupid thing to do personally. But then I have things in my life worth living for. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Tman7Deuce View Post
    Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

MAN DOESN'T HAVE TO DO A DAMN THING UNLESS HE CHOOSES TO DO SO. "Gotta do what you gotta do," is a childish copout. Get some backbone unless you really want to kill yourself. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

enkephalin07 is offline New Member

Sorry for the necro, but I thought I could add useful experiences. I had been taking tramadol for about 2 1/2 days with no negative side effects, and skipped taking it for a night of drinking. The next morning I believed I was sober enough to take it again.

Seems like every negative side effect hit me. I was so drowsy I couldn't stay away more than 2 hours at a time, in spite of a pot of and a half of coffee. Heartburn, dry mouth, difficulty urinating, and nausea that gradually reached vomiting intensity. Fortunately it's Sunday of a three day weekend, so I'm not obligated to be functional.

omghax is offline New Member

Yesterday I spent the day hugging the toilet and having intense sweating and shivers. The night before I was popping Tramadols and drinking all day, I know now that was a bad combo.

Usually I'll drink a beer with my hydro/oxy/morph and feel great, but Tramadol is nothing like those... I would compare it to Tylenol that of you take too many you could seizure. I wouldn't recommend taking Tramadol for recreational purposes and even if you aren't you still need to be careful what else you take with it - like SSRI's, which I also take... :/

poppytalk is offline New Member

Are we talking a bottle of chardoney between 2 ppl over pasta (and stop there) or more like a 5th of vodka downed by 1 severe alcoholic (with no food) in a couple of hours?
    I'm looking for a reasonable safety gauge... Or is there NO safety gauge... "Do (6 oz of chard) & die over linguini?".

truleepeachy24 is offline New Member

It doesn't matter the amount of alcohol consumption. I've been on Tramadol a month and thought i'd be alright having a few social drinks 2 on Valentine's eve and 2 the other night with friends. By the time i got home, i was in excruciating pain. I couldn't even get off of the couch to " hug the toilet " a bowl was my bestfriend. All night and the next days. Its absolutely not worth liver toxicity or a bleeding ulcer. If you can't not drink you should ask your doctor to change your medication.

kashra is offline New Member

Hello Friends, My name is kashra frome USA. but I thought I could add useful experiences.