suboxone taper-- advice please
    mjdr is offline New Member

Default suboxone taper-- advice please

Hello- I was on methadone for over 30 years-60mgs- two years ago i stopped taking it and switched over to suboxone..My highest suboxone dose was 24mg but that was a over a year ago..

Currently I'm breaking 2mg pills in half--- I'm taking 1mg a day but I am scared to death of stopping ... I'm starting to think a lot of my anxiety is in my mind...
    Robert you seem to know how to taper... I have 4 - 2mg pills left and I'm leaving for vacation monday... should I break the pills into quarters?
    Thank you very much

http://www.drugs.com/answers/suboxon...25-332989.html

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mjdr View Post
    Hello- I was on methadone for over 30 years-60mgs- two years ago i stopped taking it and switched over to suboxone..My highest suboxone dose was 24mg but that was a over a year ago..

Currently I'm breaking 2mg pills in half--- I'm taking 1mg a day but I am scared to death of stopping ... I'm starting to think a lot of my anxiety is in my mind...
    Robert you seem to know how to taper... I have 4 - 2mg pills left and I'm leaving for vacation monday... should I break the pills into quarters?
    Thank you very much

http://www.drugs.com/answers/suboxon...25-332989.html

You have 8mg of subs left. I can do a taper but you have to have enough to do a taper with. You've been on serious drugs for 30 years. There is no way I can tell you what to do with only 8mg total in meds to work with. You need to get some more subs and we can work out a good taper plan for you but you don't have enough subs for me to do what you are asking of me. I can only do so much. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.