Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mannalive
  • 1 Post By sweetpea602
running out of options!
    puppypal is offline Junior Member

Default running out of options!

Long story short I have back problems. I am not ready fr another surgery and since they took my darvon off the market I cant seem to tolerate pain medications. I startedway back on hydrocodone and phenagran..If anyone knows about pain meds they know that you are brain dead and might as well nap on that combo. I threw up to the point of making my throat raw!
    Then came the darvocet N 100mg that saved my world......I had oxy IR for really bad days which of course when i took them I had to bed down because of throwing up and having to take phenagran! So winged myself off OXY IR and was handling the world quit well on Darvon (Darvocet w/o tynenol) Whn the Big dogs in pharmicutical heaven decided it was not good drug and they took it off the market! Now I am on the pain med rollarcoaster again...........
    Ultram, Throwing up shakes chills, rash...........Trading taking the edge off my pain for that! NOT!
    Yesterday my pain management changed it to Talwin NX. Took one at 9:30 am
    Which the first couple hours I had reduced my pain for 8 to 4 so i was hoping it was going to be the one. A couple of them hot flash type things but came and went quickly YIPPY! Butat 1:37pm I was yet again Hanging my head over the all mighty toliet bowl! What gives! Isnt there a medication out there that doesnt change you and helps FIX the pain. You would think that with all the money being spent in the world of drugs there is. I have tried Neurotin, Cembalta, Fentyl patches......Please help me..............I am at my wits end. I am so tired of the medication rollarcoaster...

mannalive is offline New Member

Default Oxycodone problems Availability Etc.

Oxcodone 40 mg ER always works for me. Now Purue is making it hard / impossible to get generics because they want to own the Mkt. If you are having problems like I am. Write your politicians tell them how bad it is without Oxycodone ER Time release tabs. Purdue is a big problem They manufacture Oxycontin. They want to corner the mkt. Tell your politicians that oxycodone time release tabs must manufactured if not by Purdue by any other Pharma Co. Like Endo, Malinkrodt Etc. Politicians must be told of this problem. We dont want to suffer!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-03-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Humpty Dumpty likes this.

mannalive is offline New Member

Try Oxycodone? That works best. I have found.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by puppypal View Post
    Long story short I have back problems. I am not ready fr another surgery and since they took my darvon off the market I cant seem to tolerate pain medications. I startedway back on hydrocodone and phenagran..If anyone knows about pain meds they know that you are brain dead and might as well nap on that combo. I threw up to the point of making my throat raw!
    Then came the darvocet N 100mg that saved my world......I had oxy IR for really bad days which of course when i took them I had to bed down because of throwing up and having to take phenagran! So winged myself off OXY IR and was handling the world quit well on Darvon (Darvocet w/o tynenol) Whn the Big dogs in pharmicutical heaven decided it was not good drug and they took it off the market! Now I am on the pain med rollarcoaster again...........
    Ultram, Throwing up shakes chills, rash...........Trading taking the edge off my pain for that! NOT!
    Yesterday my pain management changed it to Talwin NX. Took one at 9:30 am
    Which the first couple hours I had reduced my pain for 8 to 4 so i was hoping it was going to be the one. A couple of them hot flash type things but came and went quickly YIPPY! Butat 1:37pm I was yet again Hanging my head over the all mighty toliet bowl! What gives! Isnt there a medication out there that doesnt change you and helps FIX the pain. You would think that with all the money being spent in the world of drugs there is. I have tried Neurotin, Cembalta, Fentyl patches......Please help me..............I am at my wits end. I am so tired of the medication rollarcoaster...
    I might have an idea for you, please keep in mind i am no pharmacist, but i am a pharmacy technician.

I'd personally suggest you talk to your doctor about tylenol #3's and tylenol #4's. with a zofran to counteract the nausea. the zofran might be a little expensive, but they use it for chemo patients, it works wonders.

Like i said, im no pharmacist, but see if this helps =)

Anonymous Guest

Codiene is a relic and sucks at painkilling after about 2 weeks. Tylenol 3s and 4s are for head aches and muscle aches not back/spinal pain. I still don't understand why the Gov't has a problem with Darvocet such a weak drug but great when you have opiate allergies but codeine is usually the WORST when you have opiate allergies. Talwin might not be a bad choice hope it all works out for you.(google some different meds and see what you think might be a good subsitute and discuss with your doc cuz it sucks when your allergic or sensitive to opiates)

sweetpea602 is offline New Member

Have you tried tramadol? I know my mother is very allergic to codone based pain relief medicines. She takes tramadol which is not as effective as her Darvocet, but at least shes not tied to the bathroom all day!! Ask you doc. they have pretty high doses and an ER form. Hope this helps!
    Pachuco likes this.