Results 1 to 6 of 6
RLS and Klonopin
  1. #1
    CharleneNich is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    3

    Default RLS and Klonopin

    Hi. New here. Has anyone heard of Restless Leg Syndrome being treated with Klonopin (generic is Clonazepam)???

    Charlene Nich

  2. #2
    missi0115 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    25

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by CharleneNich

    Hi. New here. Has anyone heard of Restless Leg Syndrome being treated with Klonopin (generic is Clonazepam)???

    Charlene Nich
    yes, klonopin is good for restless leg syndrome, but nothing is gonna take withdrawl symptoms away unless you wait 28 days, and nothing takes the cravings.

    MELISSA HENDERSON

  3. #3
    CharleneNich is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Can you explain that? I have restles leg syndrome as a result of a severe back injury 6 years ago. I have not taken anything for it in the past, but it seems to be getting worse and almost every night of the week I am losing sleep because of it. It is becoming painful. An MD wrote me a perscription for Clonazepam 1mg 1-2 before bedtime. I have not filled it because I am afraid of side-effects. But,my leg and foot pain, cramping, tingling are becoming unbearable at night and the loss of sleep is certainly not doing me any good either so, if clonazepam works, it's starting to sound pretty god to me. What about withdrawl and cravings??

    quote:Originally posted by missi0115

    quote:Originally posted by CharleneNich

    Hi. New here. Has anyone heard of Restless Leg Syndrome being treated with Klonopin (generic is Clonazepam)???

    Charlene Nich
    yes, klonopin is good for restless leg syndrome, but nothing is gonna take withdrawl symptoms away unless you wait 28 days, and nothing takes the cravings.

    MELISSA HENDERSON
    Charlene Nich

  4. #4
    mpvt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    What you have to watch for Charlene is that benzodiazepines are very addictive and shouldn't be used everyday for more than a week at a time.Would you be able to take it maybe a couple three times a week???Benzodiazepines have their place but they come with a price if you have to take them chronically.Withdrawls from a benzodiazepine addiction are the worst anyone can go through.You can even die from a benzo withdrawl.So that's why you have to be careful,that's all......Good luck...Dave

  5. #5
    CharleneNich is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    If I took it 2-3 times a week, would the level of drug in my system be enough to stop the RLS?? And would that amount be as dangerous?? Now I'm really scared. I'm not sure if I'm more afraid of living with the pain and sleeplessness of RLS or of being addicted to the Klonopin.
    quote:Originally posted by mpvt

    What you have to watch for Charlene is that benzodiazepines are very addictive and shouldn't be used everyday for more than a week at a time.Would you be able to take it maybe a couple three times a week???Benzodiazepines have their place but they come with a price if you have to take them chronically.Withdrawls from a benzodiazepine addiction are the worst anyone can go through.You can even die from a benzo withdrawl.So that's why you have to be careful,that's all......Good luck...Dave
    Charlene Nich

  6. #6
    PaulRemski777 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Are you talking about Clonidine (non generic Catapres TTS-3)

    for restless leg syndrome? I'm ignorant on Klonopin My dr treated my

    syndrome RLS with bananas

    no joke...lack of potassium in my blood...it worked...but you sound

    like maybe spinal issues r in play.. best wishes for recovery..Paul

    Paul Remski; 16 yrs Chronic back pain patient; 4 wks post detox and returning to work as TBI rehab specialist. Email: PaulRemski@twcny.rr.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22