Remoxy trials
    crabalot is offline New Member

Red face Remoxy trials

I've been watching a new drug called Remoxy that is soon to be released. Remoxy is a re-engineered Oxycontin with an additive that makes it unable to be used as an illicit IV drug like >>>>>>. Here's my question: There are 3 companies involved with Remoxy's development, but who will make the greatest profit? Company #1 is Pain Therapeutics who makes the generic ingredient oxycodone. They will make manufacturing money as well as royalties of 15-20% on sales. Company #2 is Durect who engineered Remoxy as a blend of oxycodone and an ingredient that will keep the new drug from being converted on the streets into a liquid that can be injected like >>>>>>. Apparantly lots of people died when they did this to the present day Oxycontin-by crushing and melting Oxycontin, the extended release ingredient was burned away and these idiots were running a full day's dose at once and overdosed. Durect will then enjoy profits from the engineeering process that keeps Remoxy honest, as well as royalties of 6-11.5% from sales. Company #3 is King Pharmaceuticals who will retail Remoxy. They will of course reap retail profits, but they will have the costs of retailing and will pay roalties. So..does anyone know who will make the most money from this? I own stock in Durect, but I think King will do best as far as profit. Consider this little stock tip as a fee for your knowledge.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by crabalot View Post
    I've been watching a new drug called Remoxy that is soon to be released. Remoxy is a re-engineered Oxycontin with an additive that makes it unable to be used as an illicit IV drug like >>>>>>. Here's my question: There are 3 companies involved with Remoxy's development, but who will make the greatest profit? Company #1 is Pain Therapeutics who makes the generic ingredient oxycodone. They will make manufacturing money as well as royalties of 15-20% on sales. Company #2 is Durect who engineered Remoxy as a blend of oxycodone and an ingredient that will keep the new drug from being converted on the streets into a liquid that can be injected like >>>>>>. Apparantly lots of people died when they did this to the present day Oxycontin-by crushing and melting Oxycontin, the extended release ingredient was burned away and these idiots were running a full day's dose at once and overdosed. Durect will then enjoy profits from the engineeering process that keeps Remoxy honest, as well as royalties of 6-11.5% from sales. Company #3 is King Pharmaceuticals who will retail Remoxy. They will of course reap retail profits, but they will have the costs of retailing and will pay roalties. So..does anyone know who will make the most money from this? I own stock in Durect, but I think King will do best as far as profit. Consider this little stock tip as a fee for your knowledge.
    check out ttp, they are going to put out an sub implant, Going to look into your choices ty

cherry14 is offline Member

I have no idea about the stock implications, but I AM glad to see a medication like this come out...it's about time. I think Kadian (extended release morphine) was a fantastic concept; if you break open the capsule to try to take the med any other way than prescribed, it's rendered useless. The problem is that it is freaking EXPENSIVE, and I'm sure Remoxy will be, for a long time. Hopefully the drug companies can make it somewhat affordable!