Reckitt due to lose SUBOXONE patent October 8 2009
    antr357 is offline New Member

Talking Reckitt due to lose SUBOXONE patent October 8 2009

Well ladies and gentlemen... its been a long time coming. No doubt the drug Co. will try to make it hard for other companies to make generics. Therefore write to them, write to your elected officials, write to anyone who will listen and tell them about the outrageous costs and our hardships.
    Reference for this info comes from TELEGRAPH.co.uk:http://www.ask.com/bar?q=when+does+t...ug-patent.html

Anthony

bev49 is offline Banned

I'm curious. Does this loss of patent apply to the U.S. or is it just England? I can't wait for the generics. Prices are ridiculous and I have insurance. I donj't know how people who don't have insurance deal with it. I have a $40 co pay per month but with generic drugs the co pay goes down to approximately $10. I hope the greedy bastards can't do anything to stop it.

bev49 is offline Banned

hmmmmmmm.... Bastards got through but crxp and shxt don't? Funny..

ddosher is offline Member

The cost of the drug along with the cost of weekly Dr. visits is what forced me to have to jump off a major dose. My Dr. hung me out to dry as far as I'm concerned. Knowing the powerful status of this drug and the consequences of stopping abruptly, there should be a stipulation in their contract to subscribe that if a patient that experiences the financial hardship that I encountered would be able to continue therapy long enough to taper. Period.

bev49 is offline Banned

Donna, I think what happened to you should be illegal, if you were forced off an addictive powerful drug at a high dose for failure to pay. To me it smacks of negligence. Why were you going ot a doctor once a week as opposed to once a month. Sounds like another money making scam to me..

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Donna got screwed over NO DOUBT. Her dr should have his ass kicked. I'll volunteer if you can hook me up with him Donna. He is an ass hole.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

ddosher is offline Member

Well of coarse you are absolutely correct about it being all about the money. The more I think about how my Dr. handled my case, the more I could wring his neck. As far as my having to go once a week, I was told it was to protect his license...that the DEA considered weekly visits more responsible on the Dr.'s part...so that there were less Subs hitting the streets. Didn't mention that he could have held the weekly cost down based on 4 visits a month. I am happy that our fellow addicts coming up on the possibility of using the Suboxone as a tool to gain drug independence may not have to be subjected to the unconstitutional, downright disgusting price of this drug as it stands. Yippee. I'll be watching for developments!
    Donna

swimmer57atbeach is offline New Member

Default New to site

HI, my name is lisa and i have had hep c awhile but no tx. a biopsy just identified my killer symptom as cryo and it drives me nuts with the swelling and spots leading to scars on my legs. my gastro wants to put me on the gold standard for hep c--interferon and ribavarin. what does everyone else take who shows no hep c symptoms? can anyone help?

bev49 is offline Banned

Lisa, a close relative of mine also had Hep C with no symptoms. She was put on inteferon injections and ribovirin pills. There were side effects which were flu like symptoms and fatigue. BUT, 3 years after the treatment (which I believed lasted 6 months), she still tests negative for the Hep C virus (gets tested every 6 months). The inteferon/ribovirin doesn't not clear the virus in everybody, but it is certainly worth the chance, regardless of side effects. Hep C can lead to chirrosis (sp?) and even liver cancer so take the meds.