Probuphine
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default Probuphine

Has anyone heard any new information on the FDA approval for the new buprenorphine drug being produced by Titan Pharmaceuticals called Probuphine. It's a new extended release six-month buprenorphine implant.

In July of 2008, then again in November 2008, Titan announced successful stage III clinical trial results but I haven't seen anything in print since.

http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials...ults-5184.html

http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials...ress-6268.html

Just curious if anyone had heard anything new about the approval/availability status of the new drug? I guarantee this will be the new opiate detox method for the future when released. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-01-2009 at 05:05 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Has anyone heard any new information on the FDA approval for the new buprenorphine drug being produced by Titan Pharmaceuticals called Probuphine. It's a new extended release six-month buprenorphine implant.

In July of 2008, then again in November 2008, Titan announced successful stage III clinical trial results but I haven't seen anything in print since.

http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials...ults-5184.html

http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials...ress-6268.html

Just curious if anyone had heard anything new about the approval/availability status of the new drug? I guarantee this will be the new opiate detox method for the future when released. God bless.
    Robert,I have'nt talked about this here but....I also daytrade stocks as a hobby.Titan Pharms stock bottomed out..No one has much faith in Titan Pharms longevity.Their stock is trading at 3 cents a share down from 1.65 a share 1 year ago. They were delisted from the AMEX and are now a pink sheet stock.Thats bad.Things do not look good for them...You never know though They may turn things around.I have seen it before.If so,now would be a great time to buy some of their penny stocks.This is their latest press release from last months investor relations.Hope you are doing well!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-28-2010 at 11:01 PM.

musicman .... I know what you mean about Titan as I'm a retired financial advisor. They are not quite a Pfizer or Merck. But I will make a suggestion as this is why I was asking about the probuphine approval. If they do get FDA approval for this new buprenorphine drug implant it could be a huge shot in the arm for them financially.

I think Titan might be worth considering if you look at the links on my previous post in this thread. The stage III clinical trials look very good. They are at the stage where the approval stage is not that far away if it's going to happen.

Not saying it would make them the next Merck but it could definitely take their stock value up a few bucks a share in my opinion. It's something you might want to think about, at least watch what this new drug does. Just my observation, I've been known to pick a few winners over the years. God bless.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-28-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Lucky Lee is offline New Member

Default Robert pls read

hey robert, i just became a participant in this study. i'd be glad to answer ny questions you have about it.

This is manufactured by Titan Pharmaceuticals. Their stock is doing badly, but it's a sub implant in stage III clinal trials. I've been watching it for some time.. I know all about it. If it works out it could be a good alternative to subs and methadone. We can talk about it later. God bless. )

AnnabelleH is offline New Member

Default Has anyone here tried the implants personally?

I'm looking to hear from anyone who has had the probuphine implants personally. I know this is just people who have been in the clinical trials. But I'm really curious to hear about this. I've read that new study results are due out in June.