Possible False Postive for Marijuana?
    JasonBlevins is offline New Member

Exclamation Possible False Postive for Marijuana?

I have recently been given a blood test and have tested positive for marijuana. I haven't smoked any marijuana for over a month and don't have any intentions on ever smoking again.

I am on several medications (Lisinopril 40mg 1xdaily, Allopruinol 300mg 1xdaily, Furosemide 20mg 1xdaily, Hydralizine 25mg 2xdaily, Metoprolol 10mg 2xdaily, Amlodipine 5mg 2xdaily, and Olmesartan Medoxomil 20mg 2xdaily), I also occasionally take Aleve when my gout is acting up.

I was smoking a bowl or two in the evenings every day, but hadn't smoked anything at all for at least 25 days or so prior to the blood screen.

Is it possible that there were still some legit metabolites of THC in my blood that could have come up positive? According to everything I've read it should have been gone by then in the blood but still possible to show up in urine.

It's now been about 40 days since I last smoked anything at all. I'm afraid that my next test will also be positive which would have some severe repercussions for me. Are my fears unfounded or could I be giving a false positive reading at this point?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by JasonBlevins; 06-09-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Just took a urine test today. It's been 38 days since I smoked and I'm still testing positive.

What gives?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I don't think you're getting a false positive. It can take that long for pot to clear the system. I promise that it took me almost two months when I got clean years ago. You don't smoke a lot but we all have different factors that will determine how quickly we process the THC through our system and test negative. It won't be much longer. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

andreawelsh is offline New Member

Default Hash

Hash stays in your system for a good few month, it all depends on which type of cannabis resin you are using. i smoke dope myself, and through out the years i have found that soft black polin and grass stays in your system alot longer than your normal pot.

anonymous1 is offline New Member

Default 3 months minimum

well... it takes 3 months minimum to leave the system. remember the thc hangs on to your fat cells so any exercise will flush the thc out your system faster. also drink 5 to eight glasses of water a day. you should be clean guaranteed.

barrelofagun is offline New Member

ewell yes - it may take up to 3 months for withdrawal

Thank God I've finally started to test negative. I never would have believed that it would take this long to get out of my system but my tests are finally reflecting the fact that I have stopped using.

WOOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!