Please Help Me!!Does Klonopin help with Norco With
    cld1973 is offline New Member

Default Please Help Me!!Does Klonopin help with Norco With

Hello, My name is Christina and I am new to posting to the forum. I have veen reading on here for a very long time. I was wondering, I am trying to get of of Norco 10/325, and Darvocet. I have been prescribed these meds for about 5 years now. I need to come off these things. I am also prescribed Klonopin. Will Klonopins help comming off the Pain Meds? Please respond...Thanks so much. And GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE...

Christina Damelio

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Christina: Yes it can help if you don't take to much.Have you or are you going to wean down off the opiates before you stop altogether??Once you actually stop the Norco's and Darvocet then you should use the benzo and not before or it will lose it's effectiveness.....Dave

opiattire is offline New Member

hey christina. listed below is a very good method called the Thomas Recipe. it's for RX opiate detox and i've used it in the past to come off pain pills with good results. i didn't exactly stay clean but that's cause i was abusing opiates big time. anyway since you have an access to benzo's i figured that this would be a smart way to get yourself through it. i myself ended up having to be put on subutex, and now i'm moving on to methadone, but i gotta do what i gotta do to stay clean. well, hope this helps, and i wish you the best in getting off of these terribly addictive drugs. you can get most of the health supplements at either GNC/Vitamin Shoppe/Vitamin World or any local health store. i would also recommend Kudzu root for your liver to detox properly. it worked for me as well. good luck.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas

We were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

missi0115 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by opiattire

hey christina. listed below is a very good method called the Thomas Recipe. it's for RX opiate detox and i've used it in the past to come off pain pills with good results. i didn't exactly stay clean but that's cause i was abusing opiates big time. anyway since you have an access to benzo's i figured that this would be a smart way to get yourself through it. i myself ended up having to be put on subutex, and now i'm moving on to methadone, but i gotta do what i gotta do to stay clean. well, hope this helps, and i wish you the best in getting off of these terribly addictive drugs. you can get most of the health supplements at either GNC/Vitamin Shoppe/Vitamin World or any local health store. i would also recommend Kudzu root for your liver to detox properly. it worked for me as well. good luck.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas

We were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...
    This seems like a very good recipe and i will use it the next time i am unfortunate enough to run out and can not find anything, thinking of the methadone myself, sounds like a good idea!!!!!!!

MELISSA HENDERSON

stickyfingers is offline Junior Member

The recipe works well.... if you can taper off the norcos for even a little bit, it will help. I actually weened my self in about a week- and I was taking approx 25 10/325's per day. Got down to taking a half pill in morning and one at night- eventually to morning's only to nothing. No major withdrawl at all. The k-pin will help you sleep and take "the edge" off during day, but you'll still have some fairly significant phys. w/d for the first few days if you don't ween. You're in luck though, b/c oxycodone is a fairly quick acting agent with a short half-life- so w/d shouldn't be too long. You'll feel great after two weeks. I wish you the best. Just don't OD on the k-pins.

cld1973 is offline New Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES. I HAVE TERRIBLE SINUS TROUBLE WHEN I AM IN WITHDRAW, SNEEZING, RUNNY NOSE, YAWNING, ETC... DOES ANYTHING HELP WITH THAT?

Christina Damelio

stickyfingers is offline Junior Member

Benadryl- its an anti-histamine and will help with the sneezing and sinus issues very well. Just be careful taking it with the K-pin. Benadryl will potentially make you sedated as well. My doctor had me taking 100mgs (4 pills) at bedtime each night. You should be able to take a couple during the day and not be too sedated. You can get it OTC in any drug store.