Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
pain pill withdraws
    tazzer4202 is offline New Member

Default pain pill withdraws

I take a lot of pain pill through out the day. At times I have to do to pain in my neck. However, I would really like to get off them and choose a natural way to deal with my pain. However, when I tried to stop I became very sick, leg pains that where very bad to the point where I was in tears, I was sick to my stomach, and felt just odd. This lasted a few days till it got so bad I had to once again return to taking pain pills just so I wouldn't get so sick. I got hooked on them after 3 surgerys. I do take them for pain I still have but truth be told I also take them when I have no pain. Pain pill's of any kind make me hyper so it's something I use to get myself feeling good and have NRG to go about my day. My question is, is there anything I can take to make the process of get off them any easier without having to see a doctor and tell them that I am addicted to pain pills?

tazalynn is offline New Member

Sorry how you feel ,Your doing a positive move in trying too get off your pain medications,but it takes time too wean yourself from these meds. you could try too see a naturalpathic doctor too help you or a herbalist . If you cant afford this then you can try going too a health food store{natural health food store} sometimes they have free herblist there that can help you , explain what your going through, with your pain pill withdraws .good luck. I hope this will help . let me know how you are feeling.

ADKZ1098 is offline New Member

Default There Is Something U No I Have The Same Prob

Quote Originally Posted by tazzer4202 View Post
    I take a lot of pain pill through out the day. At times I have to do to pain in my neck. However, I would really like to get off them and choose a natural way to deal with my pain. However, when I tried to stop I became very sick, leg pains that where very bad to the point where I was in tears, I was sick to my stomach, and felt just odd. This lasted a few days till it got so bad I had to once again return to taking pain pills just so I wouldn't get so sick. I got hooked on them after 3 surgerys. I do take them for pain I still have but truth be told I also take them when I have no pain. Pain pill's of any kind make me hyper so it's something I use to get myself feeling good and have NRG to go about my day. My question is, is there anything I can take to make the process of get off them any easier without having to see a doctor and tell them that I am addicted to pain pills?
    THERE IS THINGS U CAN DO THE PILL IS CALLED SUBOXEN I THINK THATS HOW U SPELL IT, THE PILL IS VERY GOOD IT WORKS GREAT NO WITHDRAWS VERY EXP THOW PLUS IT GIVES U THAT URGE U ARE LOOKING FOR TO
    Last edited by ADKZ1098; 09-23-2007 at 02:58 AM.
    LadyZima likes this.

ADKZ1098 is offline New Member

Default Pain Killers

There Is A Pill U Can Take It Is Called Suboxen It Works Great Not Many People No About It Trust Me It Works And Acts Just Like Perks

craigmack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tazzer4202 View Post
    Ive heard all different stories, (you should quit cold-turkey, or get suboxone, but its harder to get off the sub than the pain pills). and than i heard if you try to quit cold you run the chance of having a heart-attack or stroke. >> say if you do have a doctor, talk to him/her, that is what they are there for. dont be ashamed of your habit, if you need help, ask. Doctors seen it all, plus theres that liitle thing called the doctors oath. i hope you do well and good-luck.

karen1977 is offline New Member

I am having the same problem But I have back problems. I want to get off the pain pills,if I stop taken pain meds my body Jerks in arm and legs can't sleep I get hot and then I get cold I sweat as well! I have to keep walking to not feel the jerking in my legs I am going crazy I don't know what to do I sit and cry because my body won't let me rest I will be up all night! I take hot baths to try and relax but it only last for a short time! I plan to walk in my doctors office and ask for help. I am blessed to have my family behide me but they don't understand how hard it really is, I have been on these pain pills for 6 years and I have had enough!

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by karen1977 View Post
    I am having the same problem But I have back problems. I want to get off the pain pills,if I stop taken pain meds my body Jerks in arm and legs can't sleep I get hot and then I get cold I sweat as well! I have to keep walking to not feel the jerking in my legs I am going crazy I don't know what to do I sit and cry because my body won't let me rest I will be up all night! I take hot baths to try and relax but it only last for a short time! I plan to walk in my doctors office and ask for help. I am blessed to have my family behide me but they don't understand how hard it really is, I have been on these pain pills for 6 years and I have had enough!
    I understand what you are going through. I have a degenerative disk in my back, and whenever I tried to get off pills, the pain would get worse. Detox is a bi*tch..no way around that one, but it can be done. your in the right direction, asking for help from your doctor. Please do not get discouraged, you CAN get off these horrible pills.

mwalker63 is offline Junior Member

Smile Hello

Quote Originally Posted by karen1977 View Post
    Dear Karen:
    I feel the same way you do. I just relasped today cause I could not take it anymore but like you I have had enough of these pills. I have taken it all at one time or another for the last 7 years and lately, been taking like 12 - 16 vics a day. The withdrawal symptoms are terrible and I feel like no one understands how difficult it is. My poor wife tries to be supportive but she feels like it is going to change over night and when she wakes up in the morning, she thinks I will be all better. AAAHHHHH!!! It is so frustrating.... I just wanted to let you know I understand what you are going through. It also helps me to know that it is not just me who feels this way. When I read your post, I was like "that sounds just like me".. I hope you feel better and you get through this. I will not take another dose today so it is back to detox for me in a couple of hours. God Bless and peace...
    amiliya likes this.

shellybeau is offline New Member

One word: Suboxone!
    OK, more words. Find a dr. in your area that prescribes Suboxone. It is great for withdrawal/addiction of opiates. I have been on it since 2005. No relapses. I use alternate methods to deal with the back pain, i.e. heat/ice, TENS Unit, exercise, weight loss, NSAIDs. The pain is bearable, and the thought of the expense of habit and continual hunt for opiates is enough to keep me from even thinking of going back. Be sure the dr. has a plan to address possible detox symptoms when switching from Vic to Sub. You'll need clonapine, maybe a little xanax, etc. Check out the dr. before you go cause there are drs. who only care about the money and not enough about the patient. I love my addictionologist! Good luck to you. I was in your shoes, being on vacation and running out (cause I couldn't pace myself), going to emergency room post-Katrina, just alot of preventing withdrawals. No, you won't get "high" on Sub, but I bet your Vic isn't working that great for you now anyway. God Bless.

Denise24799 is offline New Member

Default I need Help trying to get off this..

Okay 3 years ago I started getting sick.. My feet started turning purple and I started feel the worse pain I have ever felt. With that being said I have since then lost my toe on my right foot and my finger on my right hand. I have blood clots in various parts of my body and I contracted the flesh eating disease in february of this year. I have a cathader in my chest and I have been on pain meds for 3 years and I have gotten in so much trouble legally ( because I had ran out and was caught buying some off the street) and my relationship with my partner of 6 years has gone down the tubes because I am not the happy go lucky person I once was. So, I made a serious choice in my life I decided my family matter more to me than anything. I want to get off of these thing ( they are the root of all evil) but I am trying to find a NON narcotic and NON addictive pain reliever or something I can do to make the pain in my body go away and let my life get back to normal. I am not my self when I am on my medication and it really doesn't work for me anymore. I need help can someone please help me...

HicksvilleNY is offline Member

Just my opinion from someone who has been there, right where you are.

Before you go the suboxone route, I would give it my 200% best shot at tapering off the pain pills first. No matter how hard, try to do it. If you have the pills, make a schedule and try to go down a pill at a time every few days,,,, also what helps me is stretching the time between doses, if you can go that extra hour or 2 it makes a big difference. So if you take them right when you wake.... put it off another hour or 2.This will be hard but it does help. You have to be able to force yourself not to take them during your stretch out times, no mater what. Wait until you can’t stand it anymore then go just a bit more, it will work.
    and the same next dose time... make yourself wait. Remember every time you feel like ???? its the meds leaving your system, it means you are getting better. If you truly want this it can work.

If this won't work for you( but it can and will) consider suboxone. Consider it
    I had been on the sub for 3 years and yes it will make the WDS from you drug go away. It has some effects I wasn't told about. It was harder to kick than anything else. (vics). I lost all my feelings for life; I lost all interest in doing anything. And the WDs for me were way worse 20 times longer than Vics at least depending on how long and how much. If you do go the sub route only take it long enough to get by the Pain med wds. Don't take it long term... its asking for more trouble down the road. A relative of mine was only on the sub for 2 doses then some mild to moderate wds for about 5 days. now shes 100%.

I won't be 100% for a long time because I was put on a dose of sub way too high, 24MG and way too long 3+ years. I too originally took the vics for a back injury and when they started being not as effective I took more, then I was in trouble. If you do feel the need for the subs, make sure it’s a Dr. who really knows how to do it and not just a regular Dr…That was my mistake. My Dr had no Idea, but thought he did. Do some research,
    I can’t emphasize it enough! Sub can work, but Less is more I this case.

I guess what I'm saying is sub works great for some folks, but not so hot for others.
    and if you take it for months or more the wds will be worse than your drug for pain, and last much much longer. I had to use Vics to calm the WDs from the sub or I’m not sure how bad it would have gotten but it was way worse. If you can kick the pain meds without the suboxone you will be much happier and normal much sooner. For me the subs made me just a shell of a person over time.

This is just my experience with it and If I knew then what I know now I never would have taken the sub. I heard this on a board.." taking suboxone for Vicoden is like using an atomic bomb when you only need a hand grenade”.

Again these are just my opinions and my experiences with suboxone. You can look back at my profile and see all my battles with it.

Either way you decide, there are some smart people here to support you (they helped me) and show you the way. Just use your head or ask when in doubt, One good friend here
    has truly tried to help me and we have become good friends. He is pretty much an expert on this subject and with a little searching you will find him here,
    Fentyful, sweetpea602 and davdub like this.

draxxus9801 is offline New Member

Default Dont Believe everything you read on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by shellybeau View Post
    One word: Suboxone!
    OK, more words. Find a dr. in your area that prescribes Suboxone. It is great for withdrawal/addiction of opiates. I have been on it since 2005. No relapses. I use alternate methods to deal with the back pain, i.e. heat/ice, TENS Unit, exercise, weight loss, NSAIDs. The pain is bearable, and the thought of the expense of habit and continual hunt for opiates is enough to keep me from even thinking of going back. Be sure the dr. has a plan to address possible detox symptoms when switching from Vic to Sub. You'll need clonapine, maybe a little xanax, etc. Check out the dr. before you go cause there are drs. who only care about the money and not enough about the patient. I love my addictionologist! Good luck to you. I was in your shoes, being on vacation and running out (cause I couldn't pace myself), going to emergency room post-Katrina, just alot of preventing withdrawals. No, you won't get "high" on Sub, but I bet your Vic isn't working that great for you now anyway. God Bless.
    If you think Vicodin is hard to get off then wait till you try and get off suboxone. I have been taking pain killers on a recreational basis for a long time and I used to do them al the time. I use them for the same reason this person who started this thread did, cause it "hypes" me up and give me killer swagger but thats neither here nor there.

I've done just about every form of pain killer out there and Subutex and Suboxone are THE ABSOLUTE WORST withdrawls I have ever felt in my life. Before you get on one of these drugs you seriously need to consider whether or not it is absolutley neccessary. After 2 days of taking suboxone the withdrawls are worse than when I did an green monsters (80mg OC)....daily for months at a time...and they were the the real OC's not these other OP's they give out now. And BTW..subutex and/or suboxone can you MESSED up despite what doctors and other ppl may say. It can smack you the hell out.

Try and get off these drugs the only way possible...to ween yourself off and stop. There is no miracle cure or drug (suboxone or subutex) no matter what people tell you. It WILL suck and you WILL feel like your going to die.. but you wont! you will get over it...trust me it will pass. Otherwise what are you gonna do? Stay on pain meds everyday for the rest of your life? No....because its not possible....that is if you want to live a normal life.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-10-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Fentyful and davdub like this.

lady from T.O. is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by draxxus9801 View Post
    If you think Vicodin is hard to get off then wait till you try and get off suboxone. I have been taking pain killers on a recreational basis for a long time and I used to do them al the time. I use them for the same reason this person who started this thread did, cause it "hypes" me up and give me killer swagger but thats neither here nor there.

I've done just about every form of pain killer out there and Subutex and Suboxone are THE ABSOLUTE WORST withdrawls I have ever felt in my life. Before you get on one of these drugs you seriously need to consider whether or not it is absolutley neccessary. After 2 days of taking suboxone the withdrawls are worse than when I did an green monsters (80mg OC)....daily for months at a time...and they were the the real OC's not these other OP's they give out now. And BTW..subutex and/or suboxone can you MESSED up despite what doctors and other ppl may say. It can smack you the hell out.

Try and get off these drugs the only way possible...to ween yourself off and stop. There is no miracle cure or drug (suboxone or subutex) no matter what people tell you. It WILL suck and you WILL feel like your going to die.. but you wont! you will get over it...trust me it will pass. Otherwise what are you gonna do? Stay on pain meds everyday for the rest of your life? No....because its not possible....that is if you want to live a normal life.
    For every naysayer of Suboxone I hear/see people who declare it has literally saved their lives.
    I am on it presently.
    From what I have read/heard it all seems to be in HOW you taper off the sub.
    Done slowly and with the help of not only a doctor who prescribes it, also a counsellor to deal with other issues.
    I have read many of people's experiences with great results.
    I guess every one is different.

HicksvilleNY is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by draxxus9801 View Post

Thanks and I'm well aware of the pros and cons about sub, Vics and what’s its going to take to kick. I'm just trying in my own way, right or wrong to do it in a way where I can at least perform my daily requirements to support my family and live.

Plummet is offline New Member

Default Opiates and tapering off...

Quote Originally Posted by HicksvilleNY View Post
    Just my opinion from someone who has been there, right where you are.

Before you go the suboxone route, I would give it my 200% best shot at tapering off the pain pills first. No matter how hard, try to do it. If you have the pills, make a schedule and try to go down a pill at a time every few days,,,, also what helps me is stretching the time between doses, if you can go that extra hour or 2 it makes a big difference. So if you take them right when you wake.... put it off another hour or 2.This will be hard but it does help. You have to be able to force yourself not to take them during your stretch out times, no mater what. Wait until you can’t stand it anymore then go just a bit more, it will work.
    and the same next dose time... make yourself wait. Remember every time you feel like ???? its the meds leaving your system, it means you are getting better. If you truly want this it can work.,
    I was diagnosed with spondylosis years ago and have herniated disks and bone spurs from my upper neck to my mid-back. Mid-2008 I was started on 3x 500mg vicodin along with muscle relaxants. Early 2010 I was switched to a time released morphine because the effectiveness of the vicodin was waning. I couldn't tolerate the disabling side effects and it didn't seem as effective in treating my pain. A few months later my dose of vicodin was increased to 4x per day. Mid-2011 I was switched to a 1000mg dose of vicodin with new muscle relaxants.

Over the last few months I've simply been feeling "sick;" low energy, GI problems, night sweats, dizziness, and I CANNOT GET WARM. Like the person above, I continue to try hot baths, but that is just a temporary fix. Anxiety had started to become an issue.

I'd realized, though I wasn't sure, that the vicodin may have been responsible. Is it possible to reach a point of tolerance and start to experience withdrawal BEFORE you start to lower a dose - making it tempting to increase the dose? I've been tapering back, and "stretching" my next doses, but I feel like I'm coming to a point in which I'll be stuck - am stuck - at about 3/4 the amount I'd been taking (It's been just over 2 weeks since I started tapering off.). I'm also not happy with the increase in pain, though it never truly goes away.

I guess that I'm not really looking for advcie (though I'd be happy to hear some), but was wondering if some of this sounds familiar to others. Thanks so much. -P

Oscarandfelix is offline New Member

Default Vicodin withdrawal

Today was my third day off of Vicodin and I was miserable. Couldn't go to work. So I got another prescription filled. Doctor didn't even ask why? Just called the pharmacy and doctor filled it. I don't get it - why is it so easy to get????

I'd been taking 2.5 10mg pills 3 times per day until last Friday. Then I went to 2.5 twice/day for two days and then only had 1.5 pills left, then stopped. I don't think I went down gradually enough.

I don't want to do this anymore - can somebody suggest a better weaning off schedule? I have 58 pills left a this moment.

Thank you!

Fentyful is offline New Member
    Currently, somewhere in the middle of Nebraska (sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarandfelix View Post
    Today was my third day off of Vicodin and I was miserable. Couldn't go to work. So I got another prescription filled. Doctor didn't even ask why? Just called the pharmacy and doctor filled it. I don't get it - why is it so easy to get????

I'd been taking 2.5 10mg pills 3 times per day until last Friday. Then I went to 2.5 twice/day for two days and then only had 1.5 pills left, then stopped. I don't think I went down gradually enough.

I don't want to do this anymore - can somebody suggest a better weaning off schedule? I have 58 pills left a this moment.

Thank you!
    Congradulations on your efforts of tapering and for wanting to quit. As you've probably found out by now, they are no longer as effective and have started to cause you some type of problem/problems. I'm pretty sure your question about it being so easy to get what more rhetorical, but just to add my to cents, more than likely because you told the doctor at some point you were in moderate to severe pain from something. Trust me, as a healthcare worker and chronic pain patient most doctor's in which is more and more becoming an opiate phobic situation, are not so quick to hand out a narcotic prescription. Yes there are doctor's out there that still whip those RX's out, but those are generally pill mill's, cash only doctor's and even those are facing more scrutiny and tougher penalities, and are becoming less frequent. I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I find a lot of patients after becoming addicted while being under a doctor's care, like to point the sole finger, or too much responsibility on the doctor's when in a lot of instances, they have grossly exagerrated their pain levels and symptoms, and have persisted until they have gotten what they were seeking.

Now all that being said, I would like to help if possible. I say all that, too because since it sounds like you are ready and have taken the first step, in reckognizing that in your situation that it is easily readiable from your doctor, change doctors!!!

The third and fourth day's are alway's the hardest in a lot of people's experience including my own. You were very close to finding that out, and you made the mistake a lot of people do and you got more, which will only prolong it. I agree you don't have to be miserable or suffer to "kick" this thing, and if you have decided to taper there is a better tapering schedule. I had to go cold turkey myself, and from a high dose at that. I just always gave in when it came to tapering and I was in a lot of pain and too sick to take care of my family. I found a way to go cold turkey though with VERY MINIMAL side effects with a couple of things I purchased over the counter. I was up and about each day of withdrawal, something I had NEVER been able to accomplish otherwise. I didn't snap at my kids, I had an appetite, normal bowel movements, and even my true pain was manageable with over the counter medications. If you are interested in hearing my experience, feel free to respond to this post. It truly was a godsend for me and many others, and the best part was it was inexpensive and I didn't have to go through further humiliation by walking into a doctor's office and explaining the situation, and risk be flagged when I needed future pain medication in the future. Sincerely, Melissa
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-20-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    minivin and casper2012 like this.

Ankomst is offline New Member

If you'd really like to quit taking pain medication, wean yourself off. Cut down your dosage every 1-3 weeks by about 10%, depending on how much you take. If you take 5 pills a day, after a week or two start taking 4 and a half. Then in a few more weeks, take 4. This will decrease your chances of withdrawal, but I really would suggest telling your doctor that you're having withdrawal problems. Withdrawal doesn't necessarily mean a psychological or recreational addiction, but physiological, which is expected with prescription-strength pain medication (or so I'd imagine). Your doctor can better manage your removal from the medication than we can here. Personally, I know I have problems when I don't take my pain medication for the pain my dialysis access causes. My pain is much worse, and I get sick to my stomach, along with furious migraines.

Always consult your doctor before stopping and starting new medications to make sure that you don't have any bad interactions with anything else you take, and to make sure your symptoms are properly managed.

April Valentine is offline New Member

Having a positive attitude helps. If you tell yourself you will go though hell, yes, you probably will.
    Do positive affirmations that you'll get thought it with out it being so awful.

Hi - sorry it's taken me so long to reply - I would like to hear what helped you get offof pain pills with minimal discomfort.

Thanks!

Thank you - it had crossed my mind that perhaps I was psychologically undermining myself by expecting a difficult withdrawal!

Schaff25 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarandfelix View Post
    Thank you - it had crossed my mind that perhaps I was psychologically undermining myself by expecting a difficult withdrawal!
    oscar...I just went through this hell and am now at 21 days with NO pills in my body. I FEEL SO ALIVE! If you can, go back and find my posts under the "prescription drug abuse" section.

Good luck to you.....LIFE AWAITS!

Scoliosis is offline Junior Member

Default WD's and other options to feel less withdrawls.

This is the new flavor of the year = suboxone.
    Better than methadone*, please stay away from Methadone at all costs. if ou really need to stop your pain pills I would also not personally take suboxone but when the wd's kick in ,which I know after 4 days are not bad, and cannot imagine longer ... and i am at 300mg of Oxycontin per day for chronic pains.

Research the more natural approaches, perhaps some Diazepam or clonazepam will really help too!!! 100%. Ask your doc.

If worse comes to worse do minimum amounts of subox and a combo of natural strategies.

Research it here and speak to your doc. You can also send me a priv message and i have a super doc that i can share, it covers ALL angles but its too large to add here.

Best of luck. You can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by craigmack View Post
    Ive heard all different stories, (you should quit cold-turkey, or get suboxone, but its harder to get off the sub than the pain pills). and than i heard if you try to quit cold you run the chance of having a heart-attack or stroke. >> say if you do have a doctor, talk to him/her, that is what they are there for. dont be ashamed of your habit, if you need help, ask. Doctors seen it all, plus theres that liitle thing called the doctors oath. i hope you do well and good-luck.
    Mild to moderate symmetric disc bulging L3-L4 and L4-L5.
    Mild to moderate left facet joint osteoarthritis L3-L4. Thoracolumbar rotoscoliosis.
    And some more. Not fun. not one bit. At all. I am always hurting.

I do not advocate illicit drug use and understand why so many people who are in pain do bad things, unless you have real chronic pain no matter what or how much you read up on pain the ones with real pain will truly understand why we say what we say and do what we do & resort to the things we do. We have to.

Walk a mile in my shoe and wince in pain, feel your sweaty shirt, forehead moist, grunt, smile and then move on. Life could be worse.

sweetpea602 is offline New Member

Thanks Man,

I am the wife of a subutex user, and all I can say is I watch as my spouse of 20 years becomes more & more detached! I take oc for my degenerative disk disease+ other problems. I watched my husband after back surgery, go from the man I loved to an addict. So I was glad at first when he went on subutex. I told him to jusy take it until you can kick. But the DR.s always know best. I now have tapered my use to under my PM's directions and somedays I feel lousy, but then I look at the alternative sleeping beside me. It's so sad...God Bless Sweetpea

God.is.good is offline New Member

Default Is subutex good to help with withdrawal?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea602 View Post
    Thanks Man,

I am the wife of a subutex user, and all I can say is I watch as my spouse of 20 years becomes more & more detached! I take oc for my degenerative disk disease+ other problems. I watched my husband after back surgery, go from the man I loved to an addict. So I was glad at first when he went on subutex. I told him to jusy take it until you can kick. But the DR.s always know best. I now have tapered my use to under my PM's directions and somedays I feel lousy, but then I look at the alternative sleeping beside me. It's so sad...God Bless Sweetpea

Thank you Sweetpea! I am going to doctors tomorrow to find help with my withdraws and wanted to know about subutex. I really need to pray about what to do and your post scares me because I have an addictive personality.
    I need to really make sure I'm not trading one problem for another.

Thanks for sharing. God Bless!!!
    Last edited by God.is.good; 01-31-2012 at 11:08 PM.

why45 is offline New Member

Yeah, I know that stuffs hard to get off of and don't really know the answer to why you still withdrawl. It depends on the person, how long theyve been on it, how much you take, and mostly the persons adaptability to the chemicals in it. I barely withdrawl unless I go on a long strech for hydrocodone (usually a week or more) and then I'm sick for a couple days. But I still think you quit too abruptly, usually my mom will only take a half at a time for about a week then she runs out. Try taking lots of Vitamin C and B. Good Luck!

Fentyful is offline New Member
    Currently, somewhere in the middle of Nebraska (sigh)

I'm sorry for responding so late, I have been very busy, so I haven't been around much. I don't have enough time to go into it now, but I don't mind sharing my experiences at all. If you'd like you can click on my name, go to my profile, not exactly sure how someone other than I would do that, but don't think it would be to difficult to figure out, anyways, find all posts by me, and I have shared my experiences on several other threads. I will check back tomorrow as well when I have more time and post them here as well, and see if there's an update on you. Can you give a quick update to as if you are still around and how you are doing, I promise there is hope! Sweatpea if you are still around and reading this, perhaps this might be useful to your spouse as well, good luck and God bless you both, you will be in my prayers!

Cobrahd is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fentyful View Post
    Congradulations on your efforts of tapering and for wanting to quit. As you've probably found out by now, they are no longer as effective and have started to cause you some type of problem/problems. I'm pretty sure your question about it being so easy to get what more rhetorical, but just to add my to cents, more than likely because you told the doctor at some point you were in moderate to severe pain from something. Trust me, as a healthcare worker and chronic pain patient most doctor's in which is more and more becoming an opiate phobic situation, are not so quick to hand out a narcotic prescription. Yes there are doctor's out there that still whip those RX's out, but those are generally pill mill's, cash only doctor's and even those are facing more scrutiny and tougher penalities, and are becoming less frequent. I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I find a lot of patients after becoming addicted while being under a doctor's care, like to point the sole finger, or too much responsibility on the doctor's when in a lot of instances, they have grossly exagerrated their pain levels and symptoms, and have persisted until they have gotten what they were seeking.

Now all that being said, I would like to help if possible. I say all that, too because since it sounds like you are ready and have taken the first step, in reckognizing that in your situation that it is easily readiable from your doctor, change doctors!!!

The third and fourth day's are alway's the hardest in a lot of people's experience including my own. You were very close to finding that out, and you made the mistake a lot of people do and you got more, which will only prolong it. I agree you don't have to be miserable or suffer to "kick" this thing, and if you have decided to taper there is a better tapering schedule. I had to go cold turkey myself, and from a high dose at that. I just always gave in when it came to tapering and I was in a lot of pain and too sick to take care of my family. I found a way to go cold turkey though with VERY MINIMAL side effects with a couple of things I purchased over the counter. I was up and about each day of withdrawal, something I had NEVER been able to accomplish otherwise. I didn't snap at my kids, I had an appetite, normal bowel movements, and even my true pain was manageable with over the counter medications. If you are interested in hearing my experience, feel free to respond to this post. It truly was a godsend for me and many others, and the best part was it was inexpensive and I didn't have to go through further humiliation by walking into a doctor's office and explaining the situation, and risk be flagged when I needed future pain medication in the future. Sincerely, Melissa
    Melissa,

I beg of you to share what you did "over the counter" that made the withdrawal's tolerable. I have been on 30 mg roxy's, 60 mg morphine sulphate and 5 mg valium for going on 3 years now. I hate my life. I am suicidal half of the time. I very rarely leave my bedroom on the weekends, and to make it worse, my fiance has been on the same regimen as I have for about the same amount of time that I have. I have tried the subs and the withdrawals were worse than the roxy's. I can't leave the house without my meds with me just to get through the day as I take 6-30's per day and the 60mg morphines 2 times a day. If I don't have the 60mg morphine before I go to sleep, I will wake up at 5-6 am and won't be able to go back to sleep unless I get up and take a roxy. My life revolves around this medication and I watch every day go by with frequent suicidal thoughts! I really beleive that, regardless of the consequences, I had rather be dead than to live the way that I do. I don't have the courage to kill myself, so you can relax. I am not a nut case (well, maybe a little) but I am EXTREMELY ANGRY that my life is what it is. I feel hopeless when I was the most optimistic person in the world without a care in the world, because I always knew, no matter what was waiting for me around the corner, I could handle it! MAN HAVE I BEEN HUMBLED~! I REALLY MISS ME! Please share what you can as I would be eternally grateful! Sincerely, Cobrahd

alldani is offline New Member

Hi, I'm not sure how this works. New to site, but looking for help old addict from the 80's, clean for years and then found pain pills. didn't know this could happen. i have four kids and full time job and need help. it's not my kids fault, don't want to take it out on them. two of them are under four. Just want my life back, tried to stop, that's when i found out i was hooked...tried again, tapered down then failed again. third times a charm? what did you do...when you said you didn't snap at your kids it touched me. that's why i keep failing because i want to be there for them. i have no support. my husband won't talk to me about it anymore....help

vmorgan80 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by alldani View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure how this works. New to site, but looking for help old addict from the 80's, clean for years and then found pain pills. didn't know this could happen. i have four kids and full time job and need help. it's not my kids fault, don't want to take it out on them. two of them are under four. Just want my life back, tried to stop, that's when i found out i was hooked...tried again, tapered down then failed again. third times a charm? what did you do...when you said you didn't snap at your kids it touched me. that's why i keep failing because i want to be there for them. i have no support. my husband won't talk to me about it anymore....help
    Your post really got to me. I was in the almost exact same boat as you BUT I got out of it & its great! I looked for your phone number right away. I have so much to say but am at work and dont have much time.
    I am in San Diego CA and could give you some tips later when Im home or you can also call me on my cell ( I know that sounds strange) Its just that your post really "gets to me"
    I feel for you. I think I will give you hope.
    I am a single 31 yr old mom with 2 little girls.
    All I wanna say up front is I took Suboxone & it was a HUGE MISTAKE!! It made things worse. I hope you can steer clear.
    I will be in touch later. I hope to hear back.
    Remember YOU CAN GET YOUR LIFE BACK!

VMorgan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast