Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes
pain pill withdraws
    flatflower is offline New Member

Hi were can I find the over the counter medication you took that seemed to help so much withdrawing.
    Linda
    bocs likes this.

Young73 is offline New Member

Default Help

Hey guys I'm not even sure if im using this website right but I need to talk to somebody. I am 20 years old and have been addicted to pills for about 3 years. Been back and forth with adderall and pain pills. I don't even remember how life is without pills. I've tried quitting numerous times and only make it a couple days. No body knows about my situation which makes the guilt kill me every day. Please help me!

supersavepharmacy is offline New Member

Default Pain pills

Pain pills or pain killer pills are very strong.Take only after discussion with doctors.

Mimi1124 is offline New Member

Default me too

i dont know but if u do happen to find please let me knw ive been struggling with a percocet addiction for 6 months now and i'm so sick of it i really want to go cold turkey but i'm so affraid of all the pain i keep hearing about

Robbie Hammel is offline New Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Young73 View Post
    Hey guys I'm not even sure if im using this website right but I need to talk to somebody. I am 20 years old and have been addicted to pills for about 3 years. Been back and forth with adderall and pain pills. I don't even remember how life is without pills. I've tried quitting numerous times and only make it a couple days. No body knows about my situation which makes the guilt kill me every day. Please help me!
    See your doctor. There was a reason you and the doctor decided to take the medications in the first place. So maybe you no longer have that same reason, he will help you get off the medicine, or give you lower and lower, or something new, etc. Do not carry the guilt. It is not all yours. Have you been mixing prescription with non-prescription? That might make you hate your medications. Not taking them regularly on time, can mess me up. Over the last 20 years, my doctor and I have tried a lot of meds trying to find the right one. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Robbie Hammel; 03-19-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: not sure how to post it.

ins man is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fentyful View Post
    Congradulations on your efforts of tapering and for wanting to quit. As you've probably found out by now, they are no longer as effective and have started to cause you some type of problem/problems. I'm pretty sure your question about it being so easy to get what more rhetorical, but just to add my to cents, more than likely because you told the doctor at some point you were in moderate to severe pain from something. Trust me, as a healthcare worker and chronic pain patient most doctor's in which is more and more becoming an opiate phobic situation, are not so quick to hand out a narcotic prescription. Yes there are doctor's out there that still whip those RX's out, but those are generally pill mill's, cash only doctor's and even those are facing more scrutiny and tougher penalities, and are becoming less frequent. I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I find a lot of patients after becoming addicted while being under a doctor's care, like to point the sole finger, or too much responsibility on the doctor's when in a lot of instances, they have grossly exagerrated their pain levels and symptoms, and have persisted until they have gotten what they were seeking.

Now all that being said, I would like to help if possible. I say all that, too because since it sounds like you are ready and have taken the first step, in reckognizing that in your situation that it is easily readiable from your doctor, change doctors!!!

The third and fourth day's are alway's the hardest in a lot of people's experience including my own. You were very close to finding that out, and you made the mistake a lot of people do and you got more, which will only prolong it. I agree you don't have to be miserable or suffer to "kick" this thing, and if you have decided to taper there is a better tapering schedule. I had to go cold turkey myself, and from a high dose at that. I just always gave in when it came to tapering and I was in a lot of pain and too sick to take care of my family. I found a way to go cold turkey though with VERY MINIMAL side effects with a couple of things I purchased over the counter. I was up and about each day of withdrawal, something I had NEVER been able to accomplish otherwise. I didn't snap at my kids, I had an appetite, normal bowel movements, and even my true pain was manageable with over the counter medications. If you are interested in hearing my experience, feel free to respond to this post. It truly was a godsend for me and many others, and the best part was it was inexpensive and I didn't have to go through further humiliation by walking into a doctor's office and explaining the situation, and risk be flagged when I needed future pain medication in the future. Sincerely, Melissa
    my wife and i would be very interested to hear your experience - currently struggling w/ pain med's (prescribed and otherwise), approx 150mg's a day. pls let us know how you solved your problem. any help is appreciated...

tks!

twobugz420 is offline New Member

Ok please tell me what there is to help with withdrawals. It is so hard to function in normal everyday life. It sucks and I feel terrible about it. What worked for you that was so inexpensive?

anxietygirlgo is offline New Member

Default withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by Young73 View Post
    Hi Young73,

I'm still trying to figure out this site, so I'm sorry if this is late or useless. But I have struggled with migraines for years and took hydrococone for them--a tablet a day. I finally found a doctor who could provide Suboxone. It is an opiate, but mild and makes tapering infinitely easier. I was shocked. Perhaps you have already had answers, but wanted to add two cents just in case. Hang in there. No guilt. It can be fixed.

jadefruzz is offline Banned

Any pills that would take is not safe for a human because we don't know that kind of medicine we take and what are the components that can cause us into danger.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-20-2012 at 09:20 PM.

glassbutterfly is offline New Member

Unhappy

I take oxcodone and methadone it use to be oxycodone and oxycontin but the cost of the oxycontin was to high since I also have and buy out of pocket other medications that I have to have for my Systemic Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Rhumatoid Athritis, daily Migraines, Spine Fusion of c3-c5,Suppression Fractures of my spine,bone spurs,places on my neck,spine,hands,legs knees and feet the bone is deteriorating. Needless to say it's not easy for me to get out but in Oklahoma which is the state I live in it's law that A patient can not just "Call in a re-fill request to the doctor and just go pick it up at the pharmacy", No here in Oklahoma it's law that the patient must go to the doctor in person and get the actual perscription from him/her and that the script to the pharmacy themselves" The funnest part of this deal (not!) is the Doctor can't just fit you in here or there they are often "full-up" so despite the dangers of running out and ect too bad that's the law and We also have to sign a pain medication contract with our doctors that says You as said Patient will not get pain medication from anyone else or anywhere else so on and so on. It's good to have this in place for the drug hounds who take it for a party upper but for someone like me who is dying from My Systemic Lupus not so good. : ( Double edged sword.
    Last edited by glassbutterfly; 10-20-2012 at 01:32 AM.

barnadvith is offline New Member

I did say if you do have a doctor, talk to him/her, that is what they are there for. don't be ashamed of your habit, if you need help, ask. Doctors seen it all, plus theres that little thing called the doctors oath. i hope you do well and good-luck.

DrOpiates is offline New Member

Sorry buddy, but if you really want to make the withdrawal symptoms stop(that's what ur feeling when you stop taking them by the way) you will have to tell a doctor. Note I said a doctor, not your doctor. If you use your doctor even if you break a arm,leg, etc... He will never prescribe you another narcotic because you will be black listed. But A doctor can prescribe you suboxone. It stops all symptoms. The unfortunate truth is most ppl will get addicted to this as well. And when you do stop taking it you will fill ty again. Go to a detox treatment and they will give you Ativan, and other drugs to make the pain manageable. Remember you were taking them for years, you won't feel "normal" for About a month. DrOpiate

lghII is offline New Member

Young73,

I too was addicted to pain meds, specifically morphine. I was up to taking morphine 10/100, twice a day. I wanted off of it and I talked to my Dr. about it and she started tapering me off by reducing the dosage every month. You will not get the euphoric feelings when you taper off, but I was to the point where the 10/100s were no longer giving me that high. After four months of tapering the dosage down, she switched me to morphine liquid, which is much weaker than I was used to. But after only one and a half months I was totally off of morphine completely. I never had any withdrawal symptoms or stomach cramps at all.

You really need to utilize a Dr. and be honest with him/her. They will help you. There are different ways to get off of these addictive meds without withdrawal symptoms and you will really feel so much better when you are off of them and you will be proud of yourself for doing so!

I know that your thread is over a year old and I hope you have already accomplished your goal, and if you have, maybe this reply will help someone else.

Best wishes!
    Last edited by lghII; 04-20-2013 at 01:27 AM.

larsandjules is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-28-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Tired of it is offline New Member

I have been on pain pills for 6 yrs after 31 surgeries. I still have pain but I want to get off of them. I have a child I have to take care of and I can't go through withdrawals. Please tell me how you did it.

Tired of it is offline New Member

Dear Fentyful,I have been on pain pills for 6 yrs after 31 surgeries. I still have pain but I want to get off of them. I have a child I have to take care of and I can't go through withdrawals. Please tell me how you did it.

mikewilson01 is offline Junior Member

Hi All,

I wold like to share recently it was found that Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have reported successful preclinical tests of a new vaccine against >>>>>>. The vaccine targets >>>>>> and its psychoactive breakdown products in the bloodstream, preventing them from reaching the brain.

Mel35 is offline New Member

I feel your response was what I was looking for. Melissa could you please help me? Let me in on your over the counter help. I will b out of my percs tomorrow. Years of this cycle. I do have a lot of pain but 10 percs a day ain't helping. I WANT OFF! Please help. So tired of taking pills. Sincerely, Melissa

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel35 View Post
    I feel your response was what I was looking for. Melissa could you please help me? Let me in on your over the counter help. I will b out of my percs tomorrow. Years of this cycle. I do have a lot of pain but 10 percs a day ain't helping. I WANT OFF! Please help. So tired of taking pills. Sincerely, Melissa

Dear Mel,

If you'd like help, I suggest you start a new thread under the "Need to Talk" forum, as that is where it will be seen by the most readers. Use the "Post new thread" button on this page: http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk/

This thread you responded to is from nearly a year back, so it is unlikely to get much of a response.

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

princeskate is offline New Member

I think pain pill is not a right policy for people health.So ,people should buy the health insurance to get the right solution for the problem of health.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12