No Where To Turn To.
    David05 is offline Junior Member

Default No Where To Turn To.

I do not know where to go with this. I have multiple issues that I think need to be addressed, possibly legally.

-Went to get my Suboxone filled at a Rite-Aid, not the one I normally goto. First the woman says I dont know where you got these filled, but it WAS NOT rite aid. Finally, they call them...still cant find me...she says "Yeah I knew it"

Then I say....woah WAIT I got it filled there! Put me on the phone and I talkd to them and they found me. The one thing I did at fault here was put the phone down and say "Theres your F"ing" proof"
    -After that the blonde on the phone got very upset closed down her computer and said I am not looking it up for that jerk.
    -I immediately felt bad and appoligized many times.
    -They all looked at me as I am a junkie
    -They critzied my inteligence (not in words, but tone, etc)

*And do not get me wrong, I know they get people begging for meds, but I was in tears telling him about my father. I just wanted help and the pharmacist would not help.

Once things calmed down..I asked for the blond woman first name and the store number.

NOW! The head pharmacist screams.."YOU JUST HOLD ON, YOU CANT HAVE HER NAME AND YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST LEAVE!..

excuse me I said? He said YES YOU LEAVE RIGHT NOW! ...(After the F bomb by me, 10 mins b4 this I had been totally calm sitting there)

He was yelling at me like I was his son...I said look I am a patient and I need this filled. (It is suboxone, very expensive, and I am almost off - read my other post to learn info on me)

Finally, he decides he will fill it. Right when he says "David come get your script"....THEN he says wait hold on....he comes and sits beside me and tells me..I am sorry and this isn't against you;but I will not fill a prescription from this particular doctor (meanwhile I had been there for an hour and a half). so I had to leave. I've contacted the district manager and have not heard back.

SECOND ISSUE
    I got a script of suboxone that was going to cost 360 dollars (even though I have insurance, Cigna and MEDCO for script) --so I only filled 4

So, I called Medco last night just for some general info about how far away I was from reaching my deductable. I needed to hit 612.90 dollars to meet my deductable. My 60 pills was 360 though, so I would need to pay it out of cash..

The woman goes on to say that if I could get a prescription written that would cover the 612.90 then Medco would cover it.

So I took care of that today...went to the doctor to get enough pills to cover that price and then went to fill it.

Turns out. The woman I talked to from Medco last night "misinformed me" and that I am actually 1,200 dollars away from meeting my deductable. All the supervisor tonight offered me was an apology and who told me wrong would get "Training".

IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER FOR ME TO GET THE PILLS I WAS HOOKED ON (OXYs, THAN TO GET THE TREATMENT) WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD! I need help! Are there legal issues here?

Shouldnt Medco cover me since she misinformed me? I went back to my Doc to get a larger script for it, because he did not want to make me pay $400 if I did not have to?!?!?!

Who can I contact about this?

I also know a dirty doctor in Indiana, PA who is flooding the campus with 30s and 15s.

I am feeling so much better than I used to, suboxone helped so much, why do they make it impossible to get? after today I want to just go to my dirty doctor to get oxys.

SOMEONE HELP ME!! NEED LEGAL TIPS IF AVAILABLE!
    Can the pharmacist deny my script because

I want my suboxone, I want it for the price the medco lady told me I had to pay (free), and I want the government to do something about this.

This is an outrage. I got addicted to drugs because my dad killed himself. Everyone makes mistakes. Im graduating in December, have a job, a great girlfriend, and would do anything to help someone!

I JUST DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY $600 FOR SOMETHING I AM USING TO STRAIGTEN MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER!

-I want to fight dirty doctors who are giving young adults strong prescription pain medication and I want to know how to start. I also want to promote suboxone...it is a life saver (WHEN USED RIGHT).

David05 is offline Junior Member

So many views but no replies!!! I really need advice here!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I don't see how a pharmacy can deny filling a legal presccription. If you havn't reached your deductible I can see them expecting you to pay cash even if the pharmacy tech made a mistake. I would contact the pharmacy, insist they fill the script or you will contact the state board related to pharmacies. They can't just arbitrarily decide to not give you the medication that you have a legal script for. Do you have another pharmacy you can use for now? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

davitello is offline New Member

Default Why can't I get my prescription filled?

Here is one scenario...

"You come to the counter. I am on the phone with a drunk dude who wants the phone number to the grocery store next door. After I instruct him on the virtues of 411, you tell me your doctor was to phone in your prescription to me. Your doctor hasn't, and you're unwilling to wait until he does. Being in a generous mood, I call your doctor's office and am put on hold for 5 minutes, then informed that your prescription was phoned in to my competitor on the other side of town. Phoning the competitor, I am immediately put on hold for 5 minutes before speaking to a clerk, who puts me back on hold to wait for the pharmacist. Your prescription is then transferred to me, and now I have to get the 2 phone calls that have been put on hold while this was being done. Now I return to the counter to ask if we've ever filled prescriptions for you before. For some reason, you think that "for you" means "for your cousin" and you answer my question with a "yes", whereupon I go the computer and see you are not on file.

You have left to do something very important, such as browse through the monster truck magazines, and do not hear the three PA announcements requesting that you return to the pharmacy. You return eventually, expecting to pick up the finished prescription.....
    The phone rings again.
    .......only to find out that I need to ask your address, phone number, date of birth, if you have any allergies and insurance coverage. You tell me you're allergic to codeine. Since the prescription is for Vicodin I ask you what exactly codeine did to you when you took it. You say it made your stomach hurt and I roll my eyes and write down "no known allergies" You tell me......
    The phone rings AGAIN.
    ......you have insurance and spend the next 5 minutes looking for your card. You give up and expect me to be able to file your claim anyway. I call my competitor and am immediately put on hold. Upon reaching a human, I ask them what insurance they have on file for you. I get the information and file your claim, which is rejected because you changed jobs 6 months ago..."

This story goes on, but it lets you know just a fraction of what retail pharmacists go through on a DAILY basis. In the midst of this, the DEA expects us to decode who the "real" drug seekers and junkies are as to opposed to the reformed ones and if we don't do this adequately enough we get our license taken away or worse yet one of you dies on an overdose or even worse yet a child gets 90% burns on the body because of the production of meth from the sudafed sales that 5 people just carpooled here to get, each coming to the counter one by one with expired >>'s! OH, But we should have OODLES of concern for every single person that comes through the door, right?? You got to be kidding me, but give the DOCTOR OF PHARMACY some respect for trying his hardest to keep YOU and the public safe all the while being criticized for doing his or her job and then some by calling YOUR insurance for YOU and straightening out your problems with the insurance company. I'm not saying pharmacies or pharmacists are perfect, but they have to put up with alot of the general public's B.S., so cut them some slack... PLEASE!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-06-2010 at 08:34 PM.

302chevy2008 is offline New Member

Hey I don't know squat about what a pharmacist goes through, but I do know where you could pick up a prescription card for a very low monthly premium and there is no deductibles. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here, just trying to help somebody out. If your interested let me know and I will get you whatever information you would like. If not thats fine as well.