New generics available: a list.
    PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Default New generics available: a list.

There are too many to list separately. The following drugs have recently been approved for generic manufacture. However, some may not be widely available till September or October 2010, so call a pharmacy to inquire.

All these are available in generic form: If you take the name brand, you are in luck!

Arimidex
    Astelin Nasal Spray
    Augmentin XR
    Cardizem, LA
    Differin Gel 0.1%
    Pepcid Suspension
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 07-28-2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Peter

I'll update the list here.

Skelaxin
    Peter

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

I was in the drugstore yesterday picking up a perscription and this is what I heard. A woman came in with a packet of papers. I saw the world Oxicontin on top. She told the pharmacist a new version was about to be launched with a different DEA # and a different look. She said they would be a little bigger. Pharmacist asked what the difference was. She said they were being made to be "less abusable". When he asked for detail, she said she really couldn't say but gave himn a phone number to call for details. Then she gave him the packet of papers. Thought some of you might be interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    I was in the drugstore yesterday picking up a perscription and this is what I heard. A woman came in with a packet of papers. I saw the world Oxicontin on top. She told the pharmacist a new version was about to be launched with a different DEA # and a different look. She said they would be a little bigger. Pharmacist asked what the difference was. She said they were being made to be "less abusable". When he asked for detail, she said she really couldn't say but gave himn a phone number to call for details. Then she gave him the packet of papers. Thought some of you might be interested in this.
    Although this is a digression, I'm kept in the dark about CII drugs. I don't handle them. Only the pharmacists are allowed to take delivery, unpack or handle them in any way. The techs are not allowed in the pharmacy while the stock is being rotated. I do know, through hearsay that pharmaceutical companies are reformulating many of the -contin drugs to be un-abusable.

For example, in time release -contin drugs, inclusion of plastic micro-beads containing naloxone would render crushed or burned tablets inert. A fantastic idea, if you ask me. I don't think these are on the market, yet. But I'm on a "need to know" basis, right now.

Lets try to keep this thread for new generics.
    Peter

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

It is true NYGal! I read about it years ago in the business section of the LA times that they makers of Oxycontin were in the process of making a tamper proof pill so it is not so easily abused. My brother freaked out because that is his drug of choice. Of course only time will tell if it is truly tamper proof. I certainly hope it is, but someone on this forum said once that addicts will always find ways to abuse prescription meds. I don't know who said it, but I suppose it is true. From what I read the new pill should already be on the market. I should ask my brother about it. It might be the reason I have not heard from him in & weeks, because the old pills he would just crush and get the entire dose at once, so maybe the new pills are not crushable. I will let you know.

kronikpainz is offline New Member

I was speaking with my Pain Management practitioner and they said that the Generic Version of Oxicontin is no longer available, unsure if anyone else has heard this, but perhaps the generics were being abused too easily and this newer drug will be replacing all versions of timed released oxycodone hcl. I believe it would be great to get the abuse level down and let those of us who are actually in chronic pain have a greater access to the prescriptions for their intended purpose.
    The views displayed here are that of opinion and or personal experience only! Not responsible for any advise given that may be outdated or old school, and believe the best advice is from a licensed health care professional in person face to face. No legality binding information in my posts or threads exists under any local, state, federal or international, US country laws. Subject to change or disregard without notice!

kronikpainz is offline New Member

Lightbulb

I live in Indiana, USA and I was speaking to my Pharmacist who told me that--

EFFEXOR XR is about to go generic, and most likely is already being dispensed in the generic form.
    The views displayed here are that of opinion and or personal experience only! Not responsible for any advise given that may be outdated or old school, and believe the best advice is from a licensed health care professional in person face to face. No legality binding information in my posts or threads exists under any local, state, federal or international, US country laws. Subject to change or disregard without notice!