Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
New Generic Adderall...Please help!
    skye is offline New Member

Default New Generic Adderall...Please help!

Yesterday when I left the doctor, i took my prescription of Adderall to the same chain of pharmacy I always use. I have been taking Adderall for as long as its been out. It was a godsend compare to Ritalin. Im in my 30's and Ive had ADD since I was a child. Well yesterday, the pharmacy only had a few of the blue generic tablets left, and gave me the rest in a new tablet that I had to ask what it was?? They told me that is was "EXACTLY" the very same thing. My co-pay is so high on the BRAND, that I cant afford the "real" adderall anymore but have been doin ok with the "blue" tablets. Well to my "sickening suprise" [xx(]I took my afternoon dose of adderall with this new generic

http://pharmaceuticals.mallinckrodt....ts/Product.asp ?ProductID=5517

and It made me very irritable, agitated,[}] and sent me running to the bathroom. My husband almost took me to the ER. This new Generic made me tons worse than I am without my adderall. I couldnt focus, I was awful, and had to take something to help me calm down. Just the opposite of what adderall is suppose to do. What can I do about this?? I cant go the whole month with these awful generic adderalls?? I know you cant take medicine back,..but should I take the bottle back to my doctor?? give it to them,..for a new script so I can go get it filled at another pharmacy?? My husband said he didnt care if he had to pay cash for them,..since my insurance already paid for them....they wouldnt do it again in the same month of course. PLEASE HELP!!! [?][V] WHAT WOULD YOU ALL DO?? I NEED AN ANSWER SO I CAN FIX THIS,..TODAY!
    chenyixiu likes this.

new link shows the color and info on generic adderall pill that makes me so sick[xx(]

put in the productID=5517 in line when searching

new link shows the color and info on generic adderall pill that makes me so sick[xx(]
    [/quote]

jisenhower1 is offline New Member

sorry for reply to a really old post, but fyi, ive had the exact same problem. the reason why this is happening to you is that generics are not the "exact same", as pharmacists and doctors will tell you. there is actually a "fudge factor" written into the law that allows generic drug producers to vary slightly from the brand name which they are copying.
    Shire makes the real adderall, and the effects of its 10 and 20 mg, the only two ive tried , are about the same, very clean "speed" feeling.
    the generic has some sort of binders or difference in chemical makeup which to me feels like a combo of ritalin and some crazy street drug or something. i dont know whats in there, but its not real adderall.
    adderall is a mixture of different stimulants, by design, the generic people are just making a bogus cocktail, probably to save money. im right there with you, i hate the generic....
    vickytapp likes this.

add728 is offline New Member

Default Generic makeup

I take adderall and I also work for Shire Pharmaceuticals...its true that generics can be different. The FDA allows the active ingredients of a generic to be between 80 and 120% of the orginal product. So you may be getting less of the amphetamine salt mix or more which can effect how well it works... on the other hand the inactive ingredients or buffers can be different....I would attribute that to the sickness

Hutch1ns is offline New Member

I tried that same generic one time also. It was awful, didn't work whatsoever. I haven't taken the Brand name Adderall in so long and miss it.

mspink24 is offline New Member

Default I had the same problem

I switched jobs and had to switch insurance and pharmacies where I was getting my adderal. I was taking the white 10mg in the afternoons (take 30mg Adderal XR in the morning) when I needed them and always felt ********************py. Kind of like how I felt on riddalin but not as tired. So i basically stopped taking them and just dealt with the XR wearing off in the afternoon.
    Then switched doctors (and pharmacies, job, insurance, etc) and the new pharmacy gave me the blue 10mg generic adderal. I have been taking that consistently with good results.
    Recently laid off so now no insurance, no $$ for doctors appts or the RX. I've been using my leftover pills to hold me out until I can get an appt with the county free clinic people.
    **as a side note if anyone has any advice about how to help with no medicine, no doctors appts. because i don't have any $$ please let me know**

One morning took 3 white 10mg generic adderal instead of the blue ones. Felt like ********************. Next day took the blue ones like normal and realized that it was the white pills that were making me feel weird- incredibly tired,angry,unmotivated, etc.
    Sorry, I don't know why they are so much worse but I am definitely interested if anyone has any information. Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone....

Anonymous Guest

Default bad generic adderall

In the first place the pharmacist should never had mixed the two adderall withought informing you of it!! There is no doubt about it you need to report this to your doctor and the pharmacy immediately.

oh, bye the way this new generic brand name for adderrol, was it made by mylan pharmaceuticals was it. Be cause I had a terrible exeperience with mylan xanax they turned out to to be practically suger pills which almost caused me to go into siezures.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-13-2008 at 11:57 AM.

JeffDmill is offline New Member

Default generic adderall please help

The 30 mg adderall are orange and I think mine are from Barr pharmacuticals. If they gave you blue ones, they gave you the wrong dose

marc_1 is offline New Member

Smile adderall generic

hello ,what color is the replacement, I take the pink 30mg daily and something in it has changed ,I can still focus but feel very drugged I work better with the xr but a lay off took that away , the last two months I have had my scripted filled at the VA hospital which was the dark blue or green which really worked well ,in the past I had used the pink but this last refill was a big change I plan on calling the pharmasist ,talk with your pharmasist insist they do something ,call your doctor as well,
    Last edited by marc_1; 04-11-2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: no reason just thought about

marc_1 is offline New Member

The blues were a different dosage but I was still at 30 mg a day, which were from Barr if my old mind serves me right , when I was much younger than today ( alright Paul ) I really felt good and got things done with white crosses,
    five years ago when I got on adderall I thought alright flying legal before I couldn't stay focus or get anything started let alone done and was very moody now I can get started but have to many projects to get done cause I am always flying past them ,does anyone know what station I'm suppose to get off at, I love adderall the xr best stuff since those cute little white crosses but I believe I have become an addict ,what's up with that ,I suppose maybe I am still lost not a bad place to be considering most of the world is as well , I am thinking about asking my ten year old son to keep close tabs on me and while he is at it to keep an eye for the first and second set of car keys, duh, son you hinding somewhere, SON oh yeah forgot he's staying with his mom this weekend. Good Day Folks cause it's the weekend
    Last edited by marc_1; 04-11-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Left out the IT on my last EDIT REPLY

ivytamwood is offline New Member

Default generic adderall problem

I was taking the orange Barr generics with no problems, for years. 1.5 years ago, my pharmacy switched to pink-colored generics. They made me sick immediately - shaking hard, making me feel like I was losing my mind, horrible stomach cramping, etc. I tried just taking small pieces of them but they were horrible. I researched and found that a different pharmacy chain still gave out the Barr generics, so I took this once prescription to this pharmacy. But now, they have discontinued the Barr generic and all that is left is this horrible pink pill.

I can't afford the brand name as this is not my only prescription (but I did take it at one time when I had better insurance, and it worked great). I thought about trying to get the insurance company to only charge me the generic cost for the brand name but I doubt they will do it.

Smile It's been 4 years

since I've been on this board, but not by choice. I've had a couple of surgeries, and I lost my mother to Cancer, but it really makes me feel good that the caring people here kept this thread about Adderall going.
    I came back this morning, and I've read all the replys to my adderall experience witht the generic.
    I've learned alot in the last 4 years about the generics.
    First of all,...those white ones will make anybody sick. Thats a product of "Mallinkroct" pharm. I cannot take any medications made by that brand. Not even a medication for Pain. I was prescribed pain medication and it was their generic brand. Their fillers literally made me so sick. Ever since that incident, its documented at my pharmacy that I "cannot" take any products made by "Mallinkroct". My doctor had to write a note and its on my medication bottle at the top each time I get a script filled. I was told by my pharmacy that many complaints were coming in on several different medications made by "Mallinkroct".
    My adderall is made by Barr and so far its doing ok. I'm still trying to get my copay down enough to pay for the brand, but I dont think thats ever gonna happen.
    I would advise anyone that has to take a medication,...to NEVER take a product made by that company.
    Good to be back, and thanks so much for all the replys. The 10 mg. Barr adderall generic is a blue oval

skye
    Last edited by skye; 11-22-2009 at 11:18 AM.

orange_blossom08 is offline New Member

Default Dextroamp- Amphet ER 30 mg Cap

Is the name of this new generic adderall, Dextroamp- Amphet ER 30 mg Cap?
    I've been taking adderall for about a year and a half now, and this is the first time I've ever gotten the generic version. This is new to me. I don't know how my body will act with this new pill.
    And my bottle doesn't say "Generic for:..." like most generic Rx do.
    It just has that long "Dextroamp..." name.
    Anywho, I'm waiting for my health insurance to start back up, and without
    insurance, mine cost something like $192. Why is it so much if it's generic?
    And how much more would it be for the real adderall? I mean seriously.

Good luck. Hope you find something that helps.

rMavericKg is offline New Member

Default generic prices

Quote Originally Posted by orange_blossom08 View Post
    .. Why is it so much if it's generic?
    And how much more would it be for the real adderall? I mean seriously....
    A brand name is patented for several years to allow the original company to re-coop it's money back spent on research and development, as it takes several hundreds of thousands of dollars typically. This is also why brand name drugs are so expensive. Once that patent is up, other companies can began manufacturing the same or similar drug. To be FDA approved generics, the generic drugs must contain the same active ingredients but do not have to have the same inactive ingredients (fillers, buffers, color, etc). This is also why generics can look totally different. Typically the first few months of becoming generic, the generic drug is expensive. It isn't until other companies begin to manufacture the drug that brings the price down. Companies compete against each other driving down the price for you, the consumer.

Side note: Drug prices can fluctuate like gasoline. If a company decides to discontinue making a drug this can cause the price to go up as there maybe only one company left making it. Vice versa, if more companies decide to make a drug then the price can drop.

danndi862 is offline New Member

Default Adderall and generic packaging

I filled my daughters prescription for Adderall XR 20 Jan. 20, 2010. When I gave the pharmacy the prescription I requested name brand. I was told they had only 1 pill in the pharmacy but could order it and have it by the next morning. I picked up the prescription in the afternoon of Jan.21, 2010. I asked the girl to verify that it was name brand, she looked at the paper and said it was. When I got home that night, I dumped the pills and began counting, (I have been shorted before). WELL SURPRISE!!! Name brand pills are marked---ADDERALL XR 20mg. These were marked M. Amphet Salts 20 mg in the same color capsule as name brand. I called the pharmacy who told me that was the generic markings. She checked the bottle and sure enough all the pills were marked as mine and shipped to them in a name brand container. She told me they would check with the company the next day and call me with answers. WELL the answer is in Dec 2009 the FDA gave Shire permission to package name brand the same as generic. WHY!!!! How can this be allowed. Who will know if there is a mix up. Or some tech says I'll just use the generic they can't tell now. Where do we go to get this STOPPED!!!!!

firstlastname is offline New Member

Default adderall

I have been prescribed 20 mg adderall twice a day for adhd and it makes me feel bad, even if I take just one. I feel nervous and edgy and headachy just all around awful. I am taking the generic adderall the manufacturer is Teva. I told the dr how she said just take one if two is making me feel bad, I do just take one thats all I can stand to take, she said the longer I take the better I will feel. I really have my doubts I have been taking for two weeks its not better. It totally gives me anxiety, I took half of a 5 mg xanax with It one day and felt really so much better. Told her about that but she would not give me xanxa prescription. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-07-2010 at 03:41 PM.

ashley1983 is offline New Member

The same thing recently happended to me. I was given name brand Adderall XR 20mg mixed with M. Aphet Salts 20mg. I had been taking the medication for over a week and noticed a difference. I became sleepy all the time and had severe pain in my left side. I have not ever had these side effects with the name brand. So I took a look at the medication and noticed that the labeling was different. I immediatly called the pharmacy and they told me that the manufacturer had sent the M.Amphet Salts in the name brand bottle. They refused to switch them out, so now I will be short my medication for the month. Pharmacy's should warn patients of changes such as this. As for many do not adjust to generics well. The sad thing is I waited an additional week for the name brand and still receieved a mixture of the two. I agree with you, something must be done immediatly. Generics are not the same, especially with medications such as these. Wouldn't you think that a pharmacy would notice this change?

Have you found out any additional information on this yet? I will do everything in my power to ge this stopped. I am notifying my physician first thing Monday morning. I will keep you posted.

MsCara is offline New Member

Default 1st time replying sorry if I do it wrong.

I am so glad I came across this thread. I called my pharmacy and asked them to make sure I was given the brand name Adderall XR. They assured me that is was all good and then when I went to pick it up it was generic. They gave me such a hard time about it. I pay out of pocket.. my insurance won't cover it, so if I want to pay $188 rather than $155 what's it to them?

I have never taken Adderall XR, I have been taking generic dexedrine. It has not been working well as of late.. I have had a lot of energy to just walk around in circles due to being unfocused, so my Dr. wanted to try adderall but.. This generic doesn't have the ability to help me through my day, I get sleepy more often than not and I don't seem to have any more focusability than before.

I read somewhere that Shire is pushing Vyvanse because their patent is running out or something to that effect. I have heard great things about the Name Brand and really wanted it to work for me. I am bummed. I would love to know how to remedy this and get the right mix.

Also, if anyone knows of a discount Rx program I can use.. I would appreciate that as well.
    Last edited by MsCara; 02-21-2010 at 09:02 PM.

jetreal is offline New Member

Unhappy Second generic adderall by corepharma does not work

The post above is an old one but the same situation has just occured for me with the same exact results.

My "new perscription" for Adderall Salts is manufactured by corepharma. The old perscription is manufactured by BARR. My provider filled the latest Rx with the Corepharma .
    Within two days I began having problems then called my provider who told me "Yes, we have changed to a new manufacturer."

My Doctor called the insurance company telling them that he had the corepharma adderall Salts ( generic) in his possession and was writing a new 'script

They(Humana) will not and cannot fill it since they ONLY have the Corepharma produced generic. They said all I can do is buy it from a pharmacy that has BARR but there will be a fee ...about $125 a month.. What can I do ? How to proceed? Do I have any recourse? I desparately need help.

Thanks,
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-08-2010 at 11:32 PM.

addblackbelt is offline New Member

Default ,,,

Im on the same boat here. I have taken adderall for 7 years and on February was given the generic amphet salts only to have a horrible narcoleptic/depressive reaction. Then the pharmacy (CVS) mixed the generics in with brand when my doc wrote brand name only. I started to take only the pills market with Adderall XR on them but the symptoms were the same as with the generic. So I bit the bullet and tried vyvanse for 2 months which turned out to be garbage too.

I made a complaint at the FDA's website in March this year, but I doubt anything will be done. Also, I called Shire only to be told that they were making a "brand name generic" (whatever the hell that means) and distributing it to the other companies such as Barr, Teva etc. So, in my view, Shire has sabotaged their own product in order to puch vyvanse now that their Adderall patent has expired and other companies are biting off their profit chunk. Its all about the money. Health should never be for profit or this criminality ensues.

teaganderry is offline New Member

I have been taqking the generic Adderall for over a year for narcolepsy. Though it's a relatively low dose (10mg BID) I have seen a huge difference in the effectiveness of generics from different manufacturers.

Barr (TEVA is the same company now) makes the darker blue oval pill with a sweet taste. These are very effective for me with no side effects after the first day or two. However, for the last few months I have only been able to have my Rx filled with the Corpharma product. This is the light blue round pill with a bitter taste.

The Corpharma pills are basically ineffective. They don't last nearly as long, don't keep me nearly as functional, and are a big waste of time. I am so low on energy when I take these, I find myself seeking out high energy density (=high calorie/sugar/caffeine) foods just to stay awake. Like many on here, I am limited to buying generic due to the cost of the brand name (though I would like to try it just for comparison's sake)

I have tried the chain pharmacies in my town, but they all only carry Corpharma in my dose. Now, they have started carrying only Corpharma in my daughter's dose as well (5mg)

Does anyone know which pharmacy chain still carries the Barr or TEVA brand? Being a controlled substance, it's inconvenient enough to get the Rx filled, but I have to have something that actually is doing what it's prescribed to do!

Help!

Tea

stopdruggingkids is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    Yesterday when I left the doctor, i took my prescription of Adderall to the same chain of pharmacy I always use. I have been taking Adderall for as long as its been out. It was a godsend compare to Ritalin. Im in my 30's and Ive had ADD since I was a child. Well yesterday, the pharmacy only had a few of the blue generic tablets left, and gave me the rest in a new tablet that I had to ask what it was?? They told me that is was "EXACTLY" the very same thing. My co-pay is so high on the BRAND, that I cant afford the "real" adderall anymore but have been doin ok with the "blue" tablets. Well to my "sickening suprise" [xx(]I took my afternoon dose of adderall with this new generic

and It made me very irritable, agitated,[}] and sent me running to the bathroom. My husband almost took me to the ER. This new Generic made me tons worse than I am without my adderall. I couldnt focus, I was awful, and had to take something to help me calm down. Just the opposite of what adderall is suppose to do. What can I do about this?? I cant go the whole month with these awful generic adderalls?? I know you cant take medicine back,..but should I take the bottle back to my doctor?? give it to them,..for a new script so I can go get it filled at another pharmacy?? My husband said he didnt care if he had to pay cash for them,..since my insurance already paid for them....they wouldnt do it again in the same month of course. PLEASE HELP!!! [?][V] WHAT WOULD YOU ALL DO?? I NEED AN ANSWER SO I CAN FIX THIS,..TODAY!
    My advice to you is to come off all stimulant drugs. They really are not the answer to your problems.ADHD has never even been scientifically proven to exist.It was invented by greedy drug companies and psychiatrists who treat childish behaviour as a disorder. Dont believe everything psychiatrists tell you . They are not god . I think they suffer from 0DD(Obsessive diagnosing disorder) You only live once. Dont waste it taking drugs. Accept yourself for who you are and refuse to be psychoanalysed

lazybones is offline New Member

wallmart carries barr

jonnyboy13 is offline New Member

Skye, I'm impressed with your persistence. I've been prescribed Adderall 30mg. for five years now and it's given me my life back. I went through the nightmare of (in my memory) 'the white pills' and have ever since only accepted the Barr or now Teva generics. I had to look for different pharmacies for only (in 30 mg) the orange oval pills. Prev. post says Walmart has it. I found that CVS pharmacies also carry it. As to the Shire problem; it's true, they're causing distress to many for simply financial reasons. Vyvanse is just a different formulation made only to get a new patent awarded. My wife is a nurse and the amount of drug reps strongly pushing it is unheard of. The Vyvanse info the doctors get gives the impression this is a one for one replacement for Adderall. Testing has shown the efficacy of it is approx. 1/3 per mg. (need 3 times the dosage) for same benefit as Adderall. Many people are going through some terrible problems due to doctors' apparent misinformation. Good luck to you.
    jbeezz likes this.

amaahfuz is offline New Member

Smile I get Amphetamine Salts by TEVA here

Quote Originally Posted by teaganderry View Post
    I have been taqking the generic Adderall for over a year for narcolepsy. Though it's a relatively low dose (10mg BID) I have seen a huge difference in the effectiveness of generics from different manufacturers.

Barr (TEVA is the same company now) makes the darker blue oval pill with a sweet taste. These are very effective for me with no side effects after the first day or two. However, for the last few months I have only been able to have my Rx filled with the Corpharma product. This is the light blue round pill with a bitter taste.

The Corpharma pills are basically ineffective. They don't last nearly as long, don't keep me nearly as functional, and are a big waste of time. I am so low on energy when I take these, I find myself seeking out high energy density (=high calorie/sugar/caffeine) foods just to stay awake. Like many on here, I am limited to buying generic due to the cost of the brand name (though I would like to try it just for comparison's sake)

I have tried the chain pharmacies in my town, but they all only carry Corpharma in my dose. Now, they have started carrying only Corpharma in my daughter's dose as well (5mg)

Does anyone know which pharmacy chain still carries the Barr or TEVA brand? Being a controlled substance, it's inconvenient enough to get the Rx filled, but I have to have something that actually is doing what it's prescribed to do!

Help!

Tea
    I don't know where you live, but I live in Texas and I get the 20 mg Amphetamine Salts made by TEVA at Albertson's.I do not have insurance either. Albertsons has their prescription club (I don't know how much it saves on this prescription), but for 90 tabs that last 30 days it costs $76.89. My Dr. suggested I go to Costco. Its a warehouse type club like Sam's and you do not need a membership to either of those clubs in order to get prescriptions there. I just got a call back from Costco and for 60-20 mg tabs (generic by Barr) are $26.79!! And for 90 tabs-20 mg tabs (by Barr) are $35.07!!! (We paid $76.89 at Albertsons!!)
    jbeezz likes this.

MDwithADHD is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by stopdruggingkids View Post
    My advice to you is to come off all stimulant drugs. They really are not the answer to your problems.ADHD has never even been scientifically proven to exist.It was invented by greedy drug companies and psychiatrists who treat childish behaviour as a disorder. Dont believe everything psychiatrists tell you . They are not god . I think they suffer from 0DD(Obsessive diagnosing disorder) You only live once. Dont waste it taking drugs. Accept yourself for who you are and refuse to be psychoanalysed

Please cease with your self-serving and obviously uneducated, erroneous information.

PRESCRIPTION, stimulant drugs work in people with ADHD -- by amplifying dopamine in the brain.

Decreased dopamine activity (with Re: D/x of ADHD) relates to systems involved with attention and cognition. Bad parenting is NOT THE CAUSE OF CLINICALLY D/X ADHD.

Numerous studies have shown documented, decreased dopamine activity, (a chemical messenger in the brain involved in governing movement, emotional response and the ability to feel pleasure and pain) in the brains of a group of adults/children with ADHD. Decreased dopamine activity related to systems involved with attention and cognition. Prescription medications which address the chemical imbalance (ADHD) temporarily increase the concentration of dopamine in the brain.

Secondly, a team of researchers led by Dr. Philip Shaw of the NIH's National Institute of Mental Health used MRI exams to look at the brain structure of 105 children with ADHD and 103 children without ADHD. The researchers also performed DNA testing. They found that a version of a gene involved with dopamine appeared to be associated with ADHD and with thinner tissue in areas of the brain that control attention.
    kirkpabk and jbeezz like this.

ADnoHD is offline New Member

Cool Adderall Diet is most important

There is an affect on the body's absorption of Adderall into the urinary tract depending on the urinary tract being too ACIDIC or more ALKALINE. If the Urinary tract is ACIDIC the Adderall does not absorb quickly and could make you fell sluggish and tired. I see this benefiting Hyper Activity (HA) to slow you down. On the other hand when the urinary track is LESS ACIDIC and MORE ALKALINE it lets the body absorb the Adderall faster thus making you more alert and have more energy benefiting those with Attention Deficit (AD). I used to take BARR but now I like CorePharma better because I think Barr has more filler and tastes too sweet like they put sugar in it. Sugar is acidic to the body. CorePharma is a tighter more compact pill and seems to work for me better than BARR which makes me feel sluggish and foggy. BTW I take 1 or 2 of the 30mg pills a day. This affect made me eat alkaline producing foods like veggies and fruits(Alkaline Ash) because I wanted more energy and it works. Meats and breads makes your body create more Acid to breakdows those foods.. .. search for THE ACID/ALKALINE FOOD LIST to see what foods may be helpful to maintain a good balance of ACID to ALKALINE in the urinary tract. The labels on Adderall mention that certain foods can affect you differently but they don't state why. My Doctor had no clue about Adderall diet affects but now she does from what I've told her about my research. Be careful and start slowly because too much amp can cause heart problems and anxiety. It took me 3 months to figure it out. I lost 50lbs down to 160lbs (5'7 male) since I found the solution to feeling good with Adderall. I hope this helps.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    jbeezz likes this.

cbpitt01 is offline New Member

Thumbs up Sam's Club

I know this is a very old thread, but for what it's worth - I don't have a Costco nearby, but do have Sam's Club. Anyone (membership not required) my use their pharmacies, but the prices are typically cheaper if you do have a membership ($35/yr). I have been on generic (immediate release) Adderall for 8 years, NO insurance, & have always had it filled at my local Sam's. The first 6 months, I did not have a membership but bought it there because they were cheaper than any other pharmacy around, including WalMart next door. The 7th month, the pharmacy tech mentioned that sometimes the drugs were cheaper with a membership, but how much cheaper she couldn't tell me without a member's card to scan when paying. She suggested I go to customer service, buy a membership, come back & let her scan it for my drug purchase, & let's see what comes up - & if it made no or a negligible difference, I could go back to c/s for a full refund of the membership fee.
    Well, I did that & what a difference - the savings on the prescription cost would pay for the membership in under 2 months! Too bad no one there mentioned this the first month I filled the prescription.
    Anyway, I take 20 mg 2x day, so I get 60 pills per prescription. Sam's Club has always filled mine with the oval peach-colored pill from Barr. Their current price (with membership) is $28.10 for the 60. I believe the price is the same no matter the prescription strength, so if you take (the blue oval) 10 mg 2x day, your Dr could write your prescription for 30 of the 20 mg pills & you can snap them in half.
    Recently, a friend of mine who DOES have insurance, but has always had hers filled at Sam's anyway, was completely out & didn't want to take time to go across town to Sam's, so she went to Walgreens about 2 miles away, & ended up with the other Adderall generic - the round pills. I didn't know this until we spoke a few days later & she was ranting angrily about something - not her usual nature. Since the Adderall usually calms her, I jokingly asked if she had forgotten to take it - that's when she said she had felt angry at everyone & everything for the past few days - ever since she had been taking the "new" (different) Adderall pills she got from Walgreens. I know I had told her before about the problems everyone says they experience with the non-Barr generic Adderall, but she was not prescribed Adderall then, so I guess she paid me no mind. She ended up calling her Dr's office the next morning, taking the bottle of pills to them & getting a new prescription, which she took to Sam's & filled & paid for out-of-pocket. That afternoon, we spoke again- no problem - she was back to her usual calm self.
    So, long story short - Sam's Club membership, Barr (oval) generic Adderall, 60 (whichever strength/color) tablets, $28.10!

stellabella is offline New Member

Default please reply

Hi I just needed to know when you posted this. I just got my prescription 2days ago and i had to be bumped up from the 10mg to the 15mg due to the shortage of the generic form. So I too went from the blue to an orange pill and it has made me feel EXACTLY as you just described. I feel so sick I can barely write this but I just needed to know if this was an old post or if this was recent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast