Michael Jackson Situation - A Wake Up Call
    firefish is offline New Member

Exclamation Michael Jackson Situation - A Wake Up Call

I hate to say it, but the Michael Jackson situation should be a serious wakeup call to hundreds of thousands of people out there living on pills that it creeps up on you, . . . when you least expect it. No one is immune to death.

My condolences to his family; celebrity aside - no one deserves to go out that way. No one. Everyone deserves a second chance to clean their act up.

itsmetoo2 is offline New Member

It is a shame that it takes a death to wake people up. Look at Marilyn Monroe, Anna Nichole Smith, Elvis Presley,DOROTHY DANDRIDGE,DANA PLATO, KEITH MOON, ROB PILATUS, ROBERT WALKER, NICK DRAKE,PAIGE SUMMERS, JUDY GARLAND, HOWARD HUGHES, and HEATH LEDGER. All these people died with lethal doses of prescriptive medicines in their system. Who is next? When will we learn?
    Ask your doctor, make sure your Doctor knows what else you are taking. If you have side effects from a drug call your Doctor immediately. I feel that when you see a Doctor 25%of your success is his/her input and 75% of you following up and knowing your body is how a drug will work. #1) Follow your Doctor's orders. #2) Follow your Doctor's orders.
    We do not have flying carpets or flying Pigs. So how does anyone believe that they can decide how to take a medicine and get the best result without the proper education.

JUST THINK !!!

firefish is offline New Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by itsmetoo2 View Post
    It is a shame that it takes a death to wake people up. Look at Marilyn Monroe, Anna Nichole Smith, Elvis Presley,DOROTHY DANDRIDGE,DANA PLATO, KEITH MOON, ROB PILATUS, ROBERT WALKER, NICK DRAKE,PAIGE SUMMERS, JUDY GARLAND, HOWARD HUGHES, and HEATH LEDGER. All these people died with lethal doses of prescriptive medicines in their system. Who is next? When will we learn?
    Ask your doctor, make sure your Doctor knows what else you are taking. If you have side effects from a drug call your Doctor immediately. I feel that when you see a Doctor 25%of your success is his/her input and 75% of you following up and knowing your body is how a drug will work. #1) Follow your Doctor's orders. #2) Follow your Doctor's orders.
    We do not have flying carpets or flying Pigs. So how does anyone believe that they can decide how to take a medicine and get the best result without the proper education.

JUST THINK !!!
    Yes, but what hurts is that many people in deep situations like that know that their days are numbered if they continue that lifestyle.

The problem is keeping track of how fast time goes by & how reality is eating away at their chances of living.

Fact is that America needs to address the pharmaceudical situation immediately. It's not only the kids stealing pills from others, its also the parents who are so quick to medicate their precious children since we all want our kids to be the BEST THEY COULD POSSIBLY BE.

If your kid was a baseball player, would you feed him/her steriods? Exactly.
    It's also a wakeup call to the Education System.

FACT: 62% of children have been tested positive with 'ADD', or 'Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder'. That's a whopping 40% increase in 2 decades.

Hmm, . . . . at what point will they turn around & think that MAYBE its the system, and not the children.

Kids are more energetic than adults, its the way of life, not a disorder. With that extra flow of Seratonin, they're cute little heads are also easily distracted from subjects or materials that aren't interesting. I'm so sick of parents putting toxins down their children's throats every day just because some jerkoff principal or counselor who couldn't care if they were in their office or at your kid's funeral says so.

As a member of the healthcare industry myself, I'm not against all pharmaceuticals. I'm just against this modern lifestyle of pill-popping for a 'quick fix', which I truly believe starts from the roots with many children and whether they see it or not, sticks with them through adulthood.

spydy is offline New Member

Yes, but what hurts is that many people in deep situations like that know that their days are numbered if they continue that lifestyle.

The problem is keeping track of how fast time goes by & how reality is eating away at their chances of living.

Fact is that America needs to address the pharmaceudical situation immediately. It's not only the kids stealing pills from others, its also the parents who are so quick to medicate their precious children since we all want our kids to be the BEST THEY COULD POSSIBLY BE.

If your kid was a baseball player, would you feed him/her steriods? Exactly.
    It's also a wakeup call to the Education System

klopper22 is offline Member

Some kids including my first son have benefitted greatly from Ritalin. He used it for about 9 years and at 15 is now off it.

For my son, it wasn't to have him "as good as he could be"...rather it was to enable him to calm down enough to learn in school. It has worked great for him.

It is the abuse of drugs that is dangerous...not the drugs themselves.

kimmie1 is offline New Member

I thought Keith Moon was still alive!!WoooH!!Is he not with the Rolling Stones? My short term memory just got shorter.....

mlia is offline New Member

Default with due respect to doctors

with all respect due to doctors, I think that these celebrities also need their personal pharmacist just as they have their personal doctors.Since doctors know less about drugs.The pharmacist can aid them where they go wrong.I liked Micheal sorry he had to go the way he did but his music will live on forever.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Doctors AND pharmacists are enamoured of pop culture figures, just like the rest of us. They have a JUST SAY YES policy when it comes to these stars or really anyone with alot of money to pay them. The pharmaceutical industry is full of a bunch of greedy pigs and thats a fact. Many doctors are the same. We can blame them but there is also something called personal responsibility. Michael Jackson knew what he was doing and knew the probable inevitable outcome. Sadly he had many many yes men enabling him along the way.

itsme1972 is offline New Member

I was terrified of taking medicine until I was 33 years old.I'm talking all medicines not just narcotics.When prescribed antibiotics,it would take me a day or so and many calls to the pharmacy before I got the nerve to take the first pill.Even over the counter meds scared me.I have never been drunk in my life and I am 37 now lol.My fears ended when diagnosed with breast cancer.I never knew that a human could suffer so much and still be alive.I no longer had a choice.It made no difference if I lived through the pain without pain pills because the drugs that kept me alive were much more lethal than a Percocet.I took anything they gave me and it took my pain from unbearable to very bad and I welcomed any little iota of relief gladly.When I went into pain management and was prescribed Oxycontin,all I could think of was all the stories I'd heard of people dying,the stigma attached and addicts would break in your house if they knew you took them.Oh and polypharmacy...I was on 13 drugs that I had to take regardless.I take my meds as prescribed,I don't give them to others,keep them locked in a safe.I don't get high at all but naturally after 4 years I have become tolerant so I take a pretty high dose(4 60mg tabs and 3 30 Oxycodone IR a day) but it allows me to care for my family and have at least somewhat of a life.My brother was diagnosed with ADHD at age7 and put on Ritalin.Today,my brother is 26 and he is an addict.In my opinion,more times than not,that's what the Ritalin,Adderal etc creates.What is really bad is that us chronic pain patients are the casualities of this "war on drugs".It's such a sad situation that really has no solution.