Latest one::FDA gives Approoval for new Drug
    antony07 is offline Junior Member

Default Latest one::FDA gives Approoval for new Drug

Did you Heard of it???????[?]

<center>FDA gives approval for new anti-smoking drug</center>

MUSCAT — An approval for a new anti-smoking medication by the US drug administrator has raised hopes for desperate smokers longing to kick the habit.

Until now, the only way to cease the habit, was a ‘torturous process’ of attending endless sessions in cessation clinics, combined with costly nicotine patches and a strong willpower.

Hope has, however, arrived in the form of news that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Pfizer’s anti-smoking pill, Champix (varenicline), after the prescription medication received priority review designation because of its potential to be a significant therapeutic advance over existing therapies.

Champix is a breakthrough treatment specifically developed to block nicotine’s effect on the brain, say US health officials, and it is the first new prescription treatment approved for smoking cessation in nearly a decade.

The medical community in Oman and all over the Middle East is looking forward to this new wonder pill which will help significantly reduce the number of smokers and in effect reduce the number of deaths caused by the effects of smoking.

So guys what do you think???will this drug can do something for smokers.............Lets see what happens???

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

I am guessing it is not approved for use in the US yet, it is not listed anywhere on the FDA government site, not even a blurb about it.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

antony07 is offline Junior Member

Hi.........

May be you are right...........But recently I came to Know that
    FDA and European regulators Both have recommended that the drug, which blocks the same pleasure centers in the body activated when pot smokers get the munchies, be approved for weight loss.

The medical community in Oman and all over the Middle East is looking forward to this new wonder pill which will help significantly reduce the number of smokers and in effect reduce the number of deaths caused by the effects of smoking.

This is what I know about this drug........
    you can gain more infor mation about this drug thruogh th following link.......
    http://www.schmeg.com/030905-quit-smoking.html

Your suggestions and feedbacks are most welcomed