Keppra
    razzle51 is offline New Member

Default Keppra

Does anybody take Keppra for neuropathic pain if so any feedback would be appreciated. thanks

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

I haven't tried this, but I did try Neurontin which is a similar drug and it helped for a very, very brief time. When it did work, it only eased my pain a little, didn't do anything major for it, and like I said the effects were very short lived. The doc even adjusted my dose several times, but once I hit the point where it wasn't doing anything for me, it never helped again, no matter how many I took.

On the obverse, there are people who have experienced miracles with these types of drugs for neuropathic pain, it all depends on the individual. They have a distinct advantage because you can take tremendous doses without overdosing or causing any damage with them, some people on Neurontin take a few thousandmilligrams each day, my neighbor takes 2400mgs twice a day and I have heard of people, from my doctor, that take upwards of 3600mgs two to three times a day.

For Keppra, this is an off-label use as it hasn't been approved for this yet, it is only approved and marketed for epilepsy. Once you start these types of drugs, you can't stop taking them abruptly, or you run the risk of having seizures, even if you aren't epileptic, because of the way they act on the brain.

Good luck if you decide to try it.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

razzle51 is offline New Member

I have been on Neurontin, Lyrica , Cymbalta , topamax etc . the big problem with Neurotin was weight gain .I gained 40 plus lb and went into depression . Never weighed that much in my life . So dr. got me off of it and tried other with all kinds of side effects . My dr. talked with a neurologist friens and he said that Keppra is used for Neuopathic pain with very little side effects . So thats what I am on now. thanks