hot flashes from Lexapro?
    Lo.
    Lo. is offline New Member

Default hot flashes from Lexapro?

OK, to make a long story short, I was on Paxil, had headaches, so went to Effexor and started having bad hot flashes, went to Lexapro20mg. I have been on them for about 2 weeks now but am still having hot flashes. Does Lexapro tend to cause hot flashes?? Does anyone know?? Thank you for your help.

missi0115 is offline Junior Member

LEXAPRO KINDA FREAKED ME OUT, HOT FLASHES, AND I HAD RAGE FITS!!! I TOLD MY DOCTOR THAT HE WAS TRYING TO MAKE ME INSANE, I SAID,"I WAS BAD ENOUGH BEFORE, BUT NOW I'M REALLY LOSING IT!!! TURNED OUT THAT I'M BIPOLAR, WHICH CAUSES YOU TO HAVE ADVERSE EFFECTS OF ANTI-DEPRESSANTS, AND IS A TREATABLE CONDITION, IF A PERSON TAKES THEIR MEDS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, I'M NOT THAT PERSON THAT WANTS TO BE SEDATED!!!!

MELISSA HENDERSON

Lo.
    Lo. is offline New Member

Thank you for the reply...did the hot flashes go away when you stopped the medicine???? I don't want to put up with this anymore. They are so uncomfortable!

missi0115 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by Lo.

Thank you for the reply...did the hot flashes go away when you stopped the medicine???? I don't want to put up with this anymore. They are so uncomfortable!
    yes, after i stopped the lexapro, the hot flashes and the insanity stopped!! I realize now that it's better to be depressed sometimes than to medicate to where you don't feel emotions!!! I'm messed up enough without medication!!!!!

MELISSA HENDERSON

antony07 is offline Junior Member

quote:I realize now that it's better to be depressed sometimes than to medicate to where you don't feel emotions!!!
    Yes you are right......Having little much deppression is far better then to tolerate its side-effcts....
    What we can to come out of our depression like we can stop things which can make us unhappy..And I know there is no person in this world which can understamd our emotions..No body have enough time to hear our talks and so on ..so why to worry and harm ourself
    Just live life and calm down yourself which can make us happy...right??

sexysue is offline Member

yes it does . if i was you , i would chuck all of your remaining lexopra pills in the bin . was on this so called antidepressant for only a month . had to stop it very adruptly cos it was worsening my depression and also making me very suicidal as well . been off it for nearly a month now and i am still suffering because of it . the withdrawals from this drug is pure hell . hope this helps you to make the right choice . good luck [xx(][V]

Christy79 is offline New Member

Default Some help I am sure you know

Try this link. http://www.drugs.com/cdi/lexapro.html

And just so you know I am on it as well and have been having hot flashes too.

AndyCooker is offline New Member

Here I see other opinions and experience. But there are many side effects of Lexapro, usually they are caused by having alcohol or any conflictable drug. Usually Lexapro side effects touch only stomach, blood pressure & psyhological problems. May be you take Lexapro together with a conflicting drug?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-15-2011 at 12:08 AM.