Help me with my options?
    bluegill is offline New Member

Default Help me with my options?

HELLO. ILL GET TO THE POINT! (IM 27 YEARS OLD, MALE)

I HAVE BEEN TAKING @ 12-16mg OF SUBOXONE FOR NEARLY 10 MONTHS. I HAD BAD DISCS IN MY BACK AND GOT ADDICTED TO PAINKILLERS. I WAS TAKING (SNORTING) OVER 500mg OF OXYCONTIN AT THE END OF MY 7 YEAR STINT WITH PAINKILLERS. I HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO TAKE 1000 mg OF MORPHINE IN ONE DAY! (IM ONLY 160 POUNDS) IM NOT BRAGGING, JUST LETTING YOU KNOW MY HIGH TOLERANCE LEVELS AS THEY RELATE TO MY SITUATION WITH SUBOXONE.

MY DOCTOR TRIED WEENING ME DOWN ON SUBOXONE WITH HOPES OF GETTING ME OFF IT IN A MONTH OR TWO. I RELAPSED RIGHT AWAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALMOST A YEAR. MY RELAPSE ENDED IN 2 DAYS AND I WAS BACK ON SUBOXONE RIGHT AWAY AND HAVE BEEN SINCE. I WENT TO MY DOCTOR TODAY AND TOLD HIM THAT CUTTING MY SUBOXONE DOSE DOWN WASNT A GREAT IDEA. THERE DOESNT SEEM TO BE LONG TERM PLAN FOR THE FEW OF US WHO CANT JUST SIMPLY STOP USING SUBOXONE AFTER 4-10 MONTHS. I AKSED HIM ABOUT METHADONE (LOW DOSES). HE IS STRONGLY AGAINST ANY METHADONE USE. (I DONT KNOW IF THE DRUG COMPANIES INFLUENCE HIS DESICIONS) METHODONE CANT BE 100% BAD FOR EVERYONE. I AGREE IT CAN BE VERY BAD FOR SOME. I PRIDE MYSELF IN WILLPOWER AND RESPONSIBILTY AND TRULY BELIEVE THAT A STEADY, DIALY LOW DOSE OF METHADONE WOULD WORK WONDERS FOR ME. I AM WILLING TO SACRIFICE MY LIVER FOR HAPPINESS.

HERE ARE MY OPTIONS, PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU CAN
    1. STAY ON SUBOXONE. 8MG PER DAY. RUN THE RISK OF RELAPSING BECAUSE THE EFFECTS ARE WEARING OFF.
    2. GO BACK TO OXYCONTIN, MORPHINE, RUIN MY LIFE
    3. TRY LOW DOSES OF METHADONE. ITS VERY HARD TO GET. I WOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL 200 MILES ONE WAY! NOT TOO MENTION WEEKLY!
    4. TRY SUBUTEX

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SUBUTEX WOULD WORK FOR ME? WHY DO SOME PEOPLE TAKE SUBOXONE AND SOME TAKE SUBUTEX? I KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN THEM.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION.

P.S. WARNING TO PARENTS AND SPOUSES OF SUBOXONE USERS. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS ON SUBOXONE DOESNT MEANT THAT THEY ARENT STILL USING. DOCTORS TELL YOU THAT IF YOU USE OPIATES WHILE ON SUBOXONE THAT YOU WILL GET VERY SICK. THAT MAY BE TRUE FOR SOME, BUT NOT ME. WHEN I RELAPSED I USED SUBOXONE THAT MORNING AND THEN THE MORNING AFTER AND WAS FINE. I TELL YOU THIS BECAUSE I DONT WANT PEOPLE THINKING THAT IT ISNT POSSIBLE. I KNOW (USED TO KNOW) SUBOXONE USERS WHO STILL DID ILLEGAL DRUGS EVERYDAY AND THEN USED SUBOXONE AS A CRUTCH FOR THE TIMES THEY COULDNT FIND ANY OPIATES. IN A WAY, SUBOXONE IS WORKING AGAINST THE REASON IT WAS LEGALIZED IN THE UNITED STATES. IT IS NOW PERFECT FOR ILLEGAL DRUG USERS. THEY GET HIGH WHEN THEY WANT AND TAKE SUBOXONE TO AVOID WITHDRAWLS.

I DONT WANT TO BE A RAT, BUT SHOULD I TELL MY DOCTOR THAT THESE PATIENTS OF HIS ARE ABUSING AND SELLING THEIR SUBOXONE? HE ISNT GIVING THEM URINE TESTS, YET THEY ARE LYING TO HIM. I ONLY FEEL OBLIGATED BECASUE I REFERRED THESE PATIENTS TO HIM AND DONT WANT TO SEE A GOOD THING LIKE SUBOXONE GET HEAVILY REGUALTED LIKE METHADONE.

abey042000 is offline Member

Blue~
    To help you out a little, there is a forum here espec. for meth and sub. So go check it out, and there are alot more experienced ppl there that could help u with this problem your having.

antony07 is offline Junior Member

Hmmm I read your post........I really appreciated your will power that you are tolerating such a pain........But You Know more you go with medicines especially painkillers more you'll be addicted towards them....and there may be one day that your body is as much immune by such pain killers that a slight dose will not help then it may be possible that you have to increase the dosage of Medicine......................and you know the medicine you are taking are really very strong...............
    Back Pain......There are lot of ways to avoid Back Pain................This is called survical Pain...........and best way to remove This back pain is Exercise...........here are some of them............

1. Stand up. Take your arms at back .Try to hold your head with your arms.....At this time your hands must be together....Push your head with your hands and your head must apply a equal and opposite force towards your head. Try this for 3 minutes and then relax.........

2. Keep a pillow below your neck and lay down straight for 3 minutes..........It can also help..........

There is lot more exercises which I know......... But you have to ask your doctor first trying these exercises.........
    Because I am telling you the ways which I used to do when I suffer from such a Horrible Back pain.............

I hope they will help you out...........and Try to take LOW DOSES OF METHADONE...because taking its high doses is really very harmful.