help
    harleyhoney2130 is offline New Member

Unhappy help

:eek someone called my dr and told a lie so she done a blood test and she said noting showed yp in my blood . i take ms cottin and prcocet 10 3 a day of each . the same week of the call and i had to go in someone stole some of my meds so i had to take less tring to hjave some each day . the threedays before the drug test i took one ms cottin 30 and 2 percocet 10 each day . so how could nothing show up . now i have to take blood test and take my meds in biweekly to show her im taking and not abusing them . she may still dismiss me due to the laws . anyone can call your dr and say you are not taking them and they can dissmisss you . . my dr said she did not belive the caller but when my blood come back with nothing i t looked so bad . but i take several drgs that should have been in there besides pain meds . i am bipolar and have lupus and those drgs was not there . so i am intrested to find out how a body motablizes meds . and get commets on this situation .

theresa247 is offline New Member

I was recently discharged for vague reasons from my back clinic. I need pain management until I can have surgery for a herniated disk between C5-C6. I called one place and they said if I had been discharged it would be very unlikely any pain management clinic would take me. I was going to a "non surgical" back clinic, was piss tested once and passed (was tested because I used up my meds too early), discharge letter said I "failed to maintain a good doctor patient relationship". Can I fight this? There's many other factors that just don't add up. I was on Opana ER 20mg 2x daily, didn't like it and wanted to go back to Percocet, was given an appt to meet with a nurse practitioner who put me back on Opana, then I'm discharged by phone the day before my monthly visit/med refill. Cut me off cold turkey. My primary care physician prescribed Clonodine patch and Vicodin to taper down so I didn't get too sick. Ugh, so many other facts. I just want to know how to deal with this. I'm in severe pain and have been blacklisted it seems. I'm emotionally hurt and physically hurting. Help!

harleyhoney2130 is offline New Member

that dont seem fair . but there are so many people who abuse the pain killers the drs dont take the time to see who is really needing pain meds ajusted or are abusing . the pople selling and abusing drugs are making it hard on those of us with real pain issues . i loose feeling on my left side and have a tingley feeling 99% of the time . till she sees i am not abusing my pain meds she wont even talk to me about ajusting my pain meds . i will keep you im my prayers and hope you the best

theresa247 is offline New Member

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind as well. I don't get it either, but something has to happen soon!

SuzieQuzie6464 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by harleyhoney2130 View Post
    :eek someone called my dr and told a lie so she done a blood test and she said noting showed yp in my blood . i take ms cottin and prcocet 10 3 a day of each . the same week of the call and i had to go in someone stole some of my meds so i had to take less tring to hjave some each day . the threedays before the drug test i took one ms cottin 30 and 2 percocet 10 each day . so how could nothing show up . now i have to take blood test and take my meds in biweekly to show her im taking and not abusing them . she may still dismiss me due to the laws . anyone can call your dr and say you are not taking them and they can dissmisss you . . my dr said she did not belive the caller but when my blood come back with nothing i t looked so bad . but i take several drgs that should have been in there besides pain meds . i am bipolar and have lupus and those drgs was not there . so i am intrested to find out how a body motablizes meds . and get commets on this situation .
    Labs make mistakes. I was taking my meds as prescribed and I had a urine test that came back totally clean. IMPOSSIBLE!! So, they retested and all my meds showed up fine. CRAZY!!!

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

I can't say I have any suggestions as to why the drug tests came out as they did.

But I did want to offer a little insight into the matter of drug abuse, in case that may help you to understand the situation.

When things happen as they did for you guys, there is a tendency to believe that there are "drug seeking" folks out there just playing these doctors for fools to get their drugs - or to sell the drugs they get. Generally, it isn't that clear.

You see, addiction to pain meds is something that happens all too often whenever a person is giving a narcotic for any length of time. It doesn't matter if the drug was prescribed for legitimate pain or not - addiction happens either way. There seems to be some misconception that addiction can not occur if someone has legitimate pain and a doctor prescribes for them.

Addiction happens all the time - to innocent, unsuspecting folks like myself - who went to the doctor with very real, very legitimate pain - and took their medication just as the doctor prescribed it. That's exactly how I started out. But, given the nature of narcotics, over time, a person needs more and more of the narcotic to gain the same pain relief. That isn't due to drug seeking - that is due to seeking relief from pain!

It happens so often that the doctor HAVE to be fully aware of the signs of abuse. It's not that their patients are "bad" or trying to deceive them, it's that the doctor needs to know that drug addiction can happen to anyone.

It is something that creeps up on a person slowly, without their being aware that there is any problem. It's rather insidious, in fact, how deeply in denial we remain - unable to see what is happening. Usually, others around us (such as family or the doctor) sees the signs well before we do! Denial is not something optional - it goes hand-in-hand with addiction. It's automatic.

I never sought out doctors JUST for pills - I sought out pain relief for chronic, severe pain, just as you are now doing.

HarleyHoney, you wrote: "the pople selling and abusing drugs are making it hard on those of us with real pain issues ."

You are confused. I (like millions of others) had "REAL PAIN ISSUES." It bothers me when I hear folks complain that "those drug addicts are making things worse for everyone!" - good lord, we don't WANT to be addicted - we are LOOKING to be addicted. I wasn't even looking to get high!! I was doing just what you are doing now - looking for pain relief. But what I got - was addiction.

Your doctor, when exercising this kind of caution, is actually doing the absolutely best thing for you possible. He is trying to save you from an all-too-common nightmare that will make your pain relief issues seem inconsequential.

Hope that helps.

God bless,
    Ruth

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

P.S. IF a patient becomes addicted, the doctor's neck is on the line. The DEA closely monitors prescriptions for narcotics. They monitor for use over and above what is prescribed. They monitor for more than one doctor prescribing. The know the signs - and when they find them, they go after the doctor. He stands to lose his DEA license to dispense medications - which means, he would no longer be a doctor. No doctor is going to risk his livelihood when warning signs are apparent! That's all these guys are trying to do.